Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Patriots Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. I think it has been a lot harder to find/keep good secondary help so if Wes leaves Talib must stay. He brought so much continuity to the secondary and allowed Dennard and McCourty to gain confidence in their positions and assignments. A DT/DE that can rush the passer will totally improve the D. I also think that with a bit more time Tavon Wilson can turn into a real good Safety. WR is a need whether Wes is back or not imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Wes back, I don't think much emphasis will be put into getting an impact WR. We don't run 2TE/3WR sets much.

I think if anything, can we see more 2 TE/2RB/1 WR sets more?

Have Vereen and Ridley in the backfield at the same time.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avicii wrote:
With Wes back, I don't think much emphasis will be put into getting an impact WR. We don't run 2TE/3WR sets much.

I think if anything, can we see more 2 TE/2RB/1 WR sets more?

Have Vereen and Ridley in the backfield at the same time.

I hope we see more 3TE sets with the likes of Ballard coming in off that injury after we stole him right from under Coughlin's nose. I would love to draft somebody in rds 1-3 bpa to either bring interior pass rush or somebody to stretch the field as a stud WR.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there's been talk about needing a safety and all honesty I kind of have forgotten about Wilson. But I think part of the reason is if Wilson couldn't beat out Gregory how good can he be. I'm sure some will point out that Gregory had a good game once and made some plays here and there but I was never really impressed. With that said, what about Robert Lester? How would he fit into our needs catagory?
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jofos wrote:
I know there's been talk about needing a safety and all honesty I kind of have forgotten about Wilson. But I think part of the reason is if Wilson couldn't beat out Gregory how good can he be. I'm sure some will point out that Gregory had a good game once and made some plays here and there but I was never really impressed. With that said, what about Robert Lester? How would he fit into our needs catagory?

Beautifully. Any Alabama player would be great. Roll Tide. Fills a need in the 2/3 round and is a very good Safety. Saban knows how to coach em up

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
jofos wrote:

Beautifully. Any Alabama player would be great. Roll Tide. Fills a need in the 2/3 round and is a very good Safety. Saban knows how to coach em up

what about Bacarri RAMBO!! or Duke Williams in the 3rd?
jofos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotBeast wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
jofos wrote:

On of the reasons I asked about Lester is I talked to him yesterday at seior bowl practice and he complemented my Patriots hat I said he would look good in a Patriots uniform and he said that would be fine with him. He did add that he would be happy with anyone that gave him a chance though.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jofos wrote:
PatriotBeast wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
jofos wrote:

On of the reasons I asked about Lester is I talked to him yesterday at seior bowl practice and he complemented my Patriots hat I said he would look good in a Patriots uniform and he said that would be fine with him. He did add that he would be happy with anyone that gave him a chance though.

You're at Senior Bowl practices? Notice Patriots scouts talking to any specific players?

I heard that they had an interview with Fluker before he left...

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man that is awesome that you are at the Senior Bowl practices. Keep us informed up in here. Fluker would be so legit in the 2nd at some point. If Vollmer left I would want a monster like Fluker.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armond Armstead is official, as per Curran.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rambo, Elam or Lester!?

Where do I need to sign? Right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Rambo, Elam or Lester!?

Bleh, ehh, and meh. No offense CP Laughing

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Rambo, Elam or Lester!?

Sounds about right to me. The only safety that strikes me as anything close to a surefire starter is Vaccaro, and there's no guarantee he'll be there at 29.

Deadpulse on the sig
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
Rambo, Elam or Lester!?

Sounds about right to me. The only safety that strikes me as anything close to a surefire starter is Vaccaro, and there's no guarantee he'll be there at 29.

Yeah Vaccaro strikes me as the best fit, can man both spots and does a bit of everything well.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all drunk, completely drunk. Laughing

Dhunt, they don't strike you as sure fire starters? Of course not, how many "sure fire" guys are there in a draft class, 15-20 maybe? And safeties? Rarely any, sometimes 1 or 2.

All those kids are 2nd/3rd round talents that have legitimate shots at being impact players in this league. Not happening though, we have Tavon Wilson and Steve Gregory! Crying or Very sad Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: