Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panther Prospect Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Smith goes down we are done for. I agree you take them if they are there in the 2nd but I'm not convinced they will be.
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
If Smith goes down we are done for. I agree you take them if they are there in the 2nd but I'm not convinced they will be.

I disagree. I think we have enough firepower to make it without Smith. He's not as big a game changer as he once was for us. He used to be all our offense. Especially in the passing game. With all the weapons we have now, that load is distributed evenly.

Should we pick up another WR? Absolutely, if the price is worth it. When I say price, I mean what we have to give up to get that player whether that be monetary or draft pick wise.

Would we draft a Kenaan Allen in the first? Probably not because there will be better players and higher need players for us.

Would we draft a Kenaan Allen in the 2nd? Absolutely because he would be a steal at that point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:

I disagree. I think we have enough firepower to make it without Smith. He's not as big a game changer as he once was for us. He used to be all our offense. Especially in the passing game. With all the weapons we have now, that load is distributed evenly.

Should we pick up another WR? Absolutely, if the price is worth it. When I say price, I mean what we have to give up to get that player whether that be monetary or draft pick wise.

Would we draft a Kenaan Allen in the first? Probably not because there will be better players and higher need players for us.

Would we draft a Kenaan Allen in the 2nd? Absolutely because he would be a steal at that point.

Who is this you speak of? Laughing

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:

Cam, Stewart, Williams, Tobert, Olsen, Lafell.

All guys that had significant roles in our offense and produced.

Remember, our offense does not run through Smith anymore, it runs through Cam. Big difference from the Delhomme glory days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:

Remember, our offense does not run through Smith anymore, it runs through Cam. Big difference from the Delhomme glory days.

While all of those are talented players you are mostly just giving us names. Those players will not be effective if not utilized correctly, which we do not know how good Shula will be.

All of our quality receivers can't just be RB's. Olsen is awesome but LaFell has yet to be a dominant player. Smith is still a top 10 WR and his abilities most certainly effect how we run our offense.

The true shame here is that we know nothing about the kind of threat Gettis or Joe Adams can offer us in the receiving game. They have talent but are nobodies at the same time. I just personally think we need another over the top talent, preferably at WR. As Cam says, domination is the best form of winning.
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
boondock wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:
OneBadCat wrote:

While all of those are talented players you are mostly just giving us names. Those players will not be effective if not utilized correctly, which we do not know how good Shula will be.

All of our quality receivers can't just be RB's. Olsen is awesome but LaFell has yet to be a dominant player. Smith is still a top 10 WR and his abilities most certainly effect how we run our offense.

The true shame here is that we know nothing about the kind of threat Gettis or Joe Adams can offer us in the receiving game. They have talent but are nobodies at the same time. I just personally think we need another over the top talent, preferably at WR. As Cam says, domination is the best form of winning.

And keeping Cam upright and in the pocket is part of that domination. Cam was far and away the most hit QB last season and the pocket crumbled around him all day. The right side of their line was a joke and like it has been mentioned here before, Gross is rapidly declining. That being said, the Panthers need to address the WR position. Smith may not be the big game threat he was, but there is no doubt that the defense favors his side opening up the field for other said Panther players. If you remove Smith from the lineup, LaFell becomes their #1 and TBCH, I am just not too frightened by the Panthers lineup now. Also, look at the WR's in the NFC South, TB has Jackson and Williams, Atl has White and Jones and the Saints can throw for 500 yards on any given night. I don't know what all this means, but the Panthers are lacking in elite talent at the WR position.
panattack86

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Phillip Thomas S Fresno State

Height : 6-1
Weight : 215 lbs.
40 yard dash : 4.57 (estimated)

2012 Statistics
Solo tackles : 66
Assisted tackles : 18
Total tackles : 84
Tackles for loss : 12
Tackles for loss yardage : 44
Sacks : 4
Sack loss yardage : 24
Interceptions : 8
Interception return yardage : 98
Interception return touchdowns : 3
Passes broken up : 5

QB hurries : 1
Forced fumbles : 4

He missed all of 2011 due to a freak ankle injury. But he came back this year and play his a** off. I think he should have got alot more attention but the fact he doesn't play in the sec hurt him some. I like him more thank any other S prospect in this draft. The only knock he may have is top end speed. But with being said i havent seen him get beat deep this year. HE IS A BALLHAWK SOMETHING WE NEED IN OUR SECONDARY BADLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7R24OSpXVI
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember watching this kid in the bowl game against SMU. He did show flashes that I liked, but where would you like us to draft him?

Gamecocks
panattack86

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take him in the second with are pick, or possibly trade back and pick up a 3rd and take him with the late 2nd round pick. I think he's a 2/3 round pick. I dont think there is much of a difference between him, elam and dj. I dont see any of them making it out of the 2nd round. The other option is if Tony jefferson falls to us in the 4th. And going with Robert Alford CB SE Louisiana in the second. Either way im looking forward to the senior bowl and watching both Alford and Thomas tomorrow.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how he runs, Thomas could go anywhere from 25-50 in the draft. He'd be a great 2nd round pick for us.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
I would take him in the second with are pick, or possibly trade back and pick up a 3rd and take him with the late 2nd round pick. I think he's a 2/3 round pick. I dont think there is much of a difference between him, elam and dj. I dont see any of them making it out of the 2nd round. The other option is if Tony jefferson falls to us in the 4th. And going with Robert Alford CB SE Louisiana in the second. Either way im looking forward to the senior bowl and watching both Alford and Thomas tomorrow.

I'm sorry but I am not the biggest fan of wasting draft picks on players from small schools that have a long shot at making it in the NFL

Gamecocks
panattack86

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only position i will not select a small school guy at is QB. Wasn't Jerry Rice a small school guy? Im sure theyre a numerous "small school" guys that went HAM in the League. Youre bias to big schools is the same thinking of those that were against black starting QB's in the 80-90's.
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
The only position i will not select a small school guy at is QB. Wasn't Jerry Rice a small school guy? Im sure theyre a numerous "small school" guys that went HAM in the League. Youre bias to big schools is the same thinking of those that were against black starting QB's in the 80-90's.

Wait. We started talking about me not liking prospects from smaller non FBS schools, then it shifted to me being biased against "black starting QB's in the 80s-90s". I am sorry but I don't understand where racism fits into all of this. I believe you should think before you type some bull crap like that.

Gamecocks
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
panattack86 wrote:

Wait. We started talking about me not liking prospects from smaller non FBS schools, then it shifted to me being biased against "black starting QB's in the 80s-90s". I am sorry but I don't understand where racism fits into all of this. I believe you should think before you type some bull crap like that.

He's not saying you think that about QBs.

He's saying that he thinks you are unfairly writing off people from small schools just like people used to write off QBs simply for being black back in the day.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
panattack86

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^ what he said. By no means did i imply anything racist or you being one. Sorry for the confusion. But in recent years and the past (JERRY RICE) there have been and will continue to be small school studs. look at most teams OL and count the small school kids there and in secondarys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: