Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
The math for me this offseason is,

There is a very strong free agent OT class.

There is a very strong draft class at OG.

We have needs at each and I think how we address them is pretty obvious.

Sounds like Jerry Angelo logic for OT. With Clady going through shoulder surgery and Long having a bit of an injury history, is the FA OT market really that strong?

Jermon Bushrod
Branden Albert
Will Beatty
Sebastian Vollmer
Andre Smith
Phil Loadholt
Gosder Cherilus

All quality starting OTs.

NO won't be able to afford Bushrod but outside of him the only one of these guys I see making it to UFA is maybe Cherilus, and that's only if DET is planning to select Joeckel or Fisher and move Reiff to RT. Beyond that, there is no good reason to think they won't all get resigned.
Cherilous is expendable right now, and not very good to begin with. Albert is the ? Other than Long he's the most likely high priced target to hit the market this year.

NO is well over the cap and are more than likely waving goodbye to Bushrod, unless he signs a supercheap deal.

I'd rather roll with Webb (who was average himself last year) and see if Kromer can help him grow rather than spending $10M a year on Long or Albert. I expect Bushrod to cost less than many think - looking through the NO forum most don't seem to see him as much more than average. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather see Webb with Kromer before spending that kind of $ on Bushrod.

Personally I'd rather we invest heavily (1 FA and 1 high draft pick) on the interior OL (one guard and one center), resign Louis and see what we can do with our tackles. Webb was adequate last year as was Scott. That shouldn't change under Kromer. If he can make nobodies like Stinchcomb and Bushrod into pro bowlers at tackle I have very high expectations that he can get 2 capable or better tackles out of Webb, Scott and Carimi too.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lane Johnson Receives Interest from Bears, Bucs, Colts, Texans

Oklahoma offensive tackle Lane Johnson has seen his draft stock skyrocket following his phenomenal showing at the Senior Bowl. Early on in Mobile, scouts told WalterFootball.com that Johnson was rising into the first round. He impressed in the one-on-one pass-rushing scrimmages and is now considered the consensus No. 3 tackle prospect for the 2013 NFL Draft. That works out to Johnson likely being selected in the back half of the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft.

WalterFootball.com caught up with Johnson to get an idea which teams were showing a lot of interest in him.

"I know Chicago really likes me," said Johnson. "I wouldn't mind going to the Texans; that's right by my house. I'm meeting with them. They run a good zone scheme and I wouldn't mind going there."

Johnson also met with a number of other franchises including Tampa Bay and Indianapolis. Overall, Johnson said the meetings with teams went very well, and he was eager for the opportunity to let the teams' decision-makers get to know him.

"I want to show teams what kind of character I have off the field. I want to show them I'm a man of my word," said Johnson. "I want to show them I'm a versatile guy that can play right and left, or whatever they need me to do. And I want to show them I can run block as well."

For me the more you watch him the more I feel if he is there at #20 you have to take him.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Oklahoma offensive tackle Lane Johnson has seen his draft stock skyrocket following his phenomenal showing at the Senior Bowl. Early on in Mobile, scouts told WalterFootball.com that Johnson was rising into the first round. He impressed in the one-on-one pass-rushing scrimmages and is now considered the consensus No. 3 tackle prospect for the 2013 NFL Draft. That works out to Johnson likely being selected in the back half of the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft.

WalterFootball.com caught up with Johnson to get an idea which teams were showing a lot of interest in him.

"I know Chicago really likes me," said Johnson. "I wouldn't mind going to the Texans; that's right by my house. I'm meeting with them. They run a good zone scheme and I wouldn't mind going there."

Johnson also met with a number of other franchises including Tampa Bay and Indianapolis. Overall, Johnson said the meetings with teams went very well, and he was eager for the opportunity to let the teams' decision-makers get to know him.

"I want to show teams what kind of character I have off the field. I want to show them I'm a man of my word," said Johnson. "I want to show them I'm a versatile guy that can play right and left, or whatever they need me to do. And I want to show them I can run block as well."

For me the more you watch him the more I feel if he is there at #20 you have to take him.
Ya I think he's a no brainer at this point.

I like how he says he wouldn't mind. Laughing
bears2308

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Denard Robinson play receiver at the Senior Bowl? If so, how did he look?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:

Yeah he played WR...and badly...did have an injury tho...

Hope we don't waste a pick on him.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why teams aren't using him at RB is a mystery. Running is his best asset
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
bears2308 wrote:

Yeah he played WR...and badly...did have an injury tho...

Hope we don't waste a pick on him.

Correction really badly.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:

Yea I think if he has any NFL role it's as a 3rd down back.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
bears2308

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:

Yea I think if he has any NFL role it's as a 3rd down back.

He'd need to put on a good 20 lbs.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Johnson was initially barely in the top 50 tackles when this season started. Did his play this season justify such a rise? I don't put much into the Senior Bowl as a predictor. Johnson is still raw and would not be an immediate starter next year. I can't see the Bears taking him at 20 either.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Johnson was initially barely in the top 50 tackles when this season started. Did his play this season justify such a rise? I don't put much into the Senior Bowl as a predictor. Johnson is still raw and would not be an immediate starter next year. I can't see the Bears taking him at 20 either.

Johnson was on a lot of peoples radar because of his athletic ability and the fact he played well at RT in 2011…when he moved to LT he looked even more natural and that is why he has risen to being a probable top 20 pick…he isn’t so raw that he couldn’t start next year…he would easily start on this team and you would see that if you watched some of his games…even on youtube…if he is sitting there at #20 and we haven’t significantly upgraded the tackle spot in FA then he should be the pick.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think even if we have upgraded the OT position by signing a RT I say we can pick Johnson.

Webb is not so talented that you pass on anyone you consider a LT to see what he can do. In 3 years he has not earned that right.

LT Johnson
RT Cherilus

Swing Webb

I could live with that OT group.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I think even if we have upgraded the OT position by signing a RT I say we can pick Johnson.

Webb is not so talented that you pass on anyone you consider a LT to see what he can do. In 3 years he has not earned that right.

LT Johnson
RT Cherilus

Swing Webb

Or if Johnson is there at 20 and they have already signed a FA tackle you are in primo position to trade down slightly because somebody is going to want him at that spot. It would be a very good problem to have.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

LT Johnson
RT Cherilus

Swing Webb

I'd be all for that. I LOVED Cherilus coming out so I still have a soft spot for him. I would start Webb over Johnson though. Johnson isn't going to come in and be a great player. He still needs to develop.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

LT Johnson
RT Cherilus

Swing Webb

I'd be all for that. I LOVED Cherilus coming out so I still have a soft spot for him. I would start Webb over Johnson though. Johnson isn't going to come in and be a great player. He still needs to develop.

However you handled the LT part of it our OT position would be secure for years to come.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: