Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21806
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I still don't understand how Paul Johnson walks in to the living room of a tall, big, fast WR and convinces him to go to Georgia Tech to learn how to block.


Yeah it's crazy...Bebe Thomas showed what he can do with a real QB this year...if the Jets get a proper QB too Hill will more than likely do the same.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5096
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
When you compare Johnson to Webb you're at least insinuating that.


Considering I wasn't comparing the two at all you’re a mile off...I said that J'Marcus Webb on paper has better triangle numbers than Johnson and using Johnson to point out that just because a guy has better measurables doesn't mean they are a better player...much like you could say J'Marcus Webb has better measurables than Joe Thomas...but obviously it emphasises my point that measurables shouldn't alone be trusted over tape.
Again this is the opposite of why someone would take Hill in the 1st. I can understand not wanting to take a risk on an athlete in the 1st or wanting to take an athlete in the 1st. It's just strange to have that view then have the exact opposite view the very next year. Especially when the guy you wouldnt take has shown more then the guy you would.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21806
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21806
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
When you compare Johnson to Webb you're at least insinuating that.


Considering I wasn't comparing the two at all you’re a mile off...I said that J'Marcus Webb on paper has better triangle numbers than Johnson and using Johnson to point out that just because a guy has better measurables doesn't mean they are a better player...much like you could say J'Marcus Webb has better measurables than Joe Thomas...but obviously it emphasises my point that measurables shouldn't alone be trusted over tape.
Again this is the opposite of why someone would take Hill in the 1st. I can understand not wanting to take a risk on an athlete in the 1st or wanting to take an athlete in the 1st. It's just strange to have that view then have the exact opposite view the very next year. Especially when the guy you wouldnt take has shown more then the guy you would.


No it's not...because again Hill had good tape...there just wasn't much of it because of the limited opportunity that GT's scheme provided him with.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9315
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.


I wonder if Trestman and Kromer will continue to look at the big boys that I like so much?

If they are looking for pass blockers I could see them looking at Pugh to play at LG.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21806
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.


I wonder if Trestman and Kromer will continue to look at the big boys that I like so much?

If they are looking for pass blockers I could see them looking at Pugh to play at LG.


I think they will just look for big OTs to play inside at OG...as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker if he were to fall to the 2nd round I would be ok with us going after him to play LG...I think a guy like Chris Faulk would be better but still I think someone in that vein will be the guy...not sure if Warford has the pass pro skills to play LG but I haven't watched a lot of him yet.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9315
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really see Emery drafting the LT position, he is too shrewd.

I don't see a guy like Emery making the decision to over pay for a player at LT that is good, but not great.

Bushrod is a good LT, but he is going to get paid like he is better than that.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5096
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.


I wonder if Trestman and Kromer will continue to look at the big boys that I like so much?

If they are looking for pass blockers I could see them looking at Pugh to play at LG.


I think they will just look for big OTs to play inside at OG...as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker if he were to fall to the 2nd round I would be ok with us going after him to play LG...I think a guy like Chris Faulk would be better but still I think someone in that vein will be the guy...not sure if Warford has the pass pro skills to play LG but I haven't watched a lot of him yet.
Didn't you say a few days ago that you wouldn't want Fluker at all?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9315
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.


I wonder if Trestman and Kromer will continue to look at the big boys that I like so much?

If they are looking for pass blockers I could see them looking at Pugh to play at LG.


I think they will just look for big OTs to play inside at OG...as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker if he were to fall to the 2nd round I would be ok with us going after him to play LG...I think a guy like Chris Faulk would be better but still I think someone in that vein will be the guy...not sure if Warford has the pass pro skills to play LG but I haven't watched a lot of him yet.


Fluker I am dying to see at OG during the Senior Bowl.

Chris Faulk has the size and movement skills when healthy, but 330lbs men with knee injuries scare me.

Warford apparently dominated in 1 on 1s today so take that for what it is worth.

I like Fluker simply because you cannot teach what he is, but if we are going OG I hope and pray that Warmack or Cooper are there for us.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5096
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.


I wonder if Trestman and Kromer will continue to look at the big boys that I like so much?

If they are looking for pass blockers I could see them looking at Pugh to play at LG.
Pugh is going to have to get a lot bigger and stronger to hold up inside. His strength and ability to sustain blocks was a concern I had with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5096
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.


I wonder if Trestman and Kromer will continue to look at the big boys that I like so much?

If they are looking for pass blockers I could see them looking at Pugh to play at LG.


I think they will just look for big OTs to play inside at OG...as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker if he were to fall to the 2nd round I would be ok with us going after him to play LG...I think a guy like Chris Faulk would be better but still I think someone in that vein will be the guy...not sure if Warford has the pass pro skills to play LG but I haven't watched a lot of him yet.


Fluker I am dying to see at OG during the Senior Bowl.

Chris Faulk has the size and movement skills when healthy, but 330lbs men with knee injuries scare me.

Warford apparently dominated in 1 on 1s today so take that for what it is worth.

I like Fluker simply because you cannot teach what he is, but if we are going OG I hope and pray that Warmack or Cooper are there for us.
I think they said Fluker isn't going to practice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9315
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.


I wonder if Trestman and Kromer will continue to look at the big boys that I like so much?

If they are looking for pass blockers I could see them looking at Pugh to play at LG.


I think they will just look for big OTs to play inside at OG...as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker if he were to fall to the 2nd round I would be ok with us going after him to play LG...I think a guy like Chris Faulk would be better but still I think someone in that vein will be the guy...not sure if Warford has the pass pro skills to play LG but I haven't watched a lot of him yet.
Didn't you say a few days ago that you wouldn't want Fluker at all?


I think he said he did not like him.

And to be fair I am no a huge fan of his at RT, but at OG I would be very happy with him.

But I would rather draft OT than OG and avoid over paying for an average OT.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21806
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.


I wonder if Trestman and Kromer will continue to look at the big boys that I like so much?

If they are looking for pass blockers I could see them looking at Pugh to play at LG.


I think they will just look for big OTs to play inside at OG...as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker if he were to fall to the 2nd round I would be ok with us going after him to play LG...I think a guy like Chris Faulk would be better but still I think someone in that vein will be the guy...not sure if Warford has the pass pro skills to play LG but I haven't watched a lot of him yet.
Didn't you say a few days ago that you wouldn't want Fluker at all?


What did I just write?..."as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker" I don't think he is going to make an elite Olinemen and don't want anything to do with him in the 1st ...but if Kromer, Trestman & Emery think he is worth a 2nd round pick I would be ok with it because I trust all three of them to make the right decision…plus we don't know what they are going to ask him to do...if they are asking him to short set like the NO line did I reckon he could do it...if they are asking him to drop back I don't...but I would trust them in the 2nd...I don't think they would take him in the 1st.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5096
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.


I wonder if Trestman and Kromer will continue to look at the big boys that I like so much?

If they are looking for pass blockers I could see them looking at Pugh to play at LG.


I think they will just look for big OTs to play inside at OG...as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker if he were to fall to the 2nd round I would be ok with us going after him to play LG...I think a guy like Chris Faulk would be better but still I think someone in that vein will be the guy...not sure if Warford has the pass pro skills to play LG but I haven't watched a lot of him yet.
Didn't you say a few days ago that you wouldn't want Fluker at all?


What did I just write?..."as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker" I don't think he is going to make an elite Olinemen and don't want anything to do with him in the 1st ...but if Kromer, Trestman & Emery think he is worth a 2nd round pick I would be ok with it because I trust all three of them to make the right decision…plus we don't know what they are going to ask him to do...if they are asking him to short set like the NO line did I reckon he could do it...if they are asking him to drop back I don't...but I would trust them in the 2nd...I don't think they would take him in the 1st.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=511325

You literally just said you dont want him at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21806
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Where are you getting that from?...I never said I wasn't high on Johnson at all.
Compared to Pugh?


Compared to getting Pugh in the 2nd or getting Johnson in the 1st then no…but that doesn’t mean I don’t like Johnson or wasn’t high on him…IMO he should be the 2nd rated LT on the board behind Joeckel because of his upside…but a one year LT is always going to be a little concerning even with his skill set and tape…that said I would be thrilled with either if we can’t sign a vet like Bushrod in FA.
You were talking about Pugh as a potential 1st round pick. You don't think that anymore? You'd still take Pugh in the 2nd as a LT? You have Johnson ahead of Eric Fisher?


I was talking about Pugh as a 1st round pick because his tape makes him look like one…I think if there is a ZBS needing a LT he could certainly do it…even with his short arms…but most of the ZBS have LTs in place like Duane Brown and Trent Williams and some teams will now view him as an OG only so he will more than likely fall…I would still take him in the 2nd but we won’t if we are looking for the massive Olinemen that Windy has said Trestman likes and Kromer has always taken bigger guys as well…he won’t fit the scheme…I have Johnson just ahead of Fisher because of his upside…he is a bigger gamble but Fisher may have already maxed out his potential…I don’t think Johnson has and some team will value that higher.


I wonder if Trestman and Kromer will continue to look at the big boys that I like so much?

If they are looking for pass blockers I could see them looking at Pugh to play at LG.


I think they will just look for big OTs to play inside at OG...as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker if he were to fall to the 2nd round I would be ok with us going after him to play LG...I think a guy like Chris Faulk would be better but still I think someone in that vein will be the guy...not sure if Warford has the pass pro skills to play LG but I haven't watched a lot of him yet.
Didn't you say a few days ago that you wouldn't want Fluker at all?


What did I just write?..."as much as I'm not a big fan of Fluker" I don't think he is going to make an elite Olinemen and don't want anything to do with him in the 1st ...but if Kromer, Trestman & Emery think he is worth a 2nd round pick I would be ok with it because I trust all three of them to make the right decision…plus we don't know what they are going to ask him to do...if they are asking him to short set like the NO line did I reckon he could do it...if they are asking him to drop back I don't...but I would trust them in the 2nd...I don't think they would take him in the 1st.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=511325

You literally just said you dont want him at all.


Yes because where is he projected to be drafted? In the 1st round…and I stand by not wanting anything to do with him there…I also just said that even in the 2nd round I would rather have Chris Faulk if he is healthy…but if Fluker makes it to the 2nd and Emery, Trestman & Kromer take him there then I would be ok with it…not particularly happy but ok with it.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 8 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group