Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ninja Mock Offseason V 1.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Ninja Mock Offseason V 1.0 Reply with quote

Free Agent Signings: DE Shaun Edwards, RB Peyton Hillis, SS Charlie Peprah, LB Ernie Sims, OT Frank Omiyale, LS L.P. Ladouceur

Extend: Sean Lee, Tony Romo, Dan Connor

Restructure: Brandon Carr

Renegotiate: Miles Austin

Notable Cuts: Doug Free, Gerald Sensebaugh (both June 1st designations), Marcus Spears

DRAFT:

1. Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
-This is Bryan Broddus' guy and Im not going to argue. This guy would be a great start for our new 4-3 front, offering power and pass-rush ability. Could rotate with Jason Hatcher at 3 technique DT until Kiffin feels he is ready to go full time.

2. Larry Warford OG Kentucky
-Another Broaddus guy. Big, powerful and can move. An instant plug in on the right side of the line.

3. DJ Swearinger FS South Carolina
-The team is very luke warm on Sensebaugh's FS ability in this scheme. With only the unproven Matt Johnson currently on the roster, Swearinger would be great competition for the starting spot. Both players offer play making ability at the position and should be an excellent camp battle.

4. Devin Taylor DE South Carolina
-Can play the run and get in the back field. Would be a solid player to sub in for Crawford at RDE.

5. Shawn Williams SS Georgia
-Depth is needed at SS. Williams offers aggressive play and has played both SS and LB in college. Would be an excellent option for nickel-backer and ST. Replaces the very ineffective Danny McCray.

6. Michael Williams TE Alabama
-A very big body that could provide excellent blocking and a red zone threat. John Phillips was a John Garrett guy and coincidently, they are now both gone.

53 Man Roster:

RDE: Crawford, Taylor
1 tech DT: Ratliff, Lissemore
3 tech DT: Floyd, Hatcher, Price
LDE: Ware, Edwards
SAM: Albright, Sims
MIC: Lee, Connor, Lemon
WIL: Carter, Wilber
SS: Church, Peprah, S.Williams
FS: Johnson/Swearinger
RCB: Carr, Scandrick
LCB: Claiborne, Moore

RT: Parnell, Omiyale
RG: Warford, Leary
C: Bernedeau, Cook, Arkin
LG: Livings, Kowalski
LT: Smith
WR: Bryant, Austin, Harris, Beasley, Coale, Benford
TE: Witten, Hanna, M.Williams
RB: Murray, Hillis, Dunbar, Vickers
QB: Romo, Orton

K: Bailey
P: C.Jones
LS: Ladouceur
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it overall. Only thing I'd likely change is replacing Shawn Williams with Earl Wolff from NC State. He's just recently popped onto my radar and I really like what I've seen from him.

Good job.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
I like it overall. Only thing I'd likely change is replacing Shawn Williams with Earl Wolff from NC State. He's just recently popped onto my radar and I really like what I've seen from him.

Good job.
Thanks. Im not familiar with Wolff. Ill have to check him out.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ninja Mock Offseason V 1.0 Reply with quote

ninjaneer wrote:
With only the unproven Matt Johnson currently on the roster, Swearinger would be great competition for the starting spot.

Barry Church?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ninja Mock Offseason V 1.0 Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
ninjaneer wrote:
With only the unproven Matt Johnson currently on the roster, Swearinger would be great competition for the starting spot.

Barry Church?
Free Safety. Church will play the box SS.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did u really extend connor? Most people think he is getting cut.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ninja Mock Offseason V 1.0 Reply with quote

ninjaneer wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
ninjaneer wrote:

Barry Church?

Seems like a misconception to me. They'll put the two best safeties on the field, IMO, regardless of the "SS" and "FS" labels.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks to Hillis. He is a locker room cancer & isn't that good even when he's not injured.
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
Did u really extend connor? Most people think he is getting cut.
yeah i know. not a popular move. i figure we have two choices. cut him and pay $1.35 mil in remaining bonus money or extend him and reduce his current CAP hit. Only the local media has speculated on the move, though. No official from the Cowboys has said squat, so Ill wait til I hear what Kiffin and Jerry say about him, before believing he couldnt be solid depth behind Lee at the MIC.
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrassyKnoll wrote:
No thanks to Hillis. He is a locker room cancer & isn't that good even when he's not injured.
He had his best year in Cleveland running behind Vickers.
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ninja Mock Offseason V 1.0 Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
ninjaneer wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
ninjaneer wrote:

Barry Church?

Seems like a misconception to me. They'll put the two best safeties on the field, IMO, regardless of the "SS" and "FS" labels.
I disagree. That's what RR's scheme believed. The Tampa 2 has a ball-hawking FS playing deep (Johnson) and a roving SS playing closer to the line of scrimmage and also providing run support (Church)
GrassyKnoll

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja, I get that Hillis had a good year with Vickers blocking for him, but he's been a bum since. I'd rather get someone in the draft like Leveon Bell.
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Ninja, I get that Hillis had a good year with Vickers blocking for him, but he's been a bum since. I'd rather get someone in the draft like Leveon Bell.
Me too. I love Bell, but I took Swearinger to play FS in the third, where I would take Bell. There are other options in FA to get a competent backup who is capable of starting at RB. To get a starting caliber FS in FA would cost too much. That was my reasoning behind the two moves.
GrassyKnoll

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on Mendenhall coming here instead of Hillis?
ninjaneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrassyKnoll wrote:
Any thoughts on Mendenhall coming here instead of Hillis?
I was one of the ones that wanted Mendenhall over Felix in the '08 draft. Neither have been spectacular and both have had an injury history. I dont know. La’Rod Stephens-Howling, Cedric Benson (if he checks out healthy), Rashad Jennings, Shonn Greene (if not too expensive), Ryan Torrain...I guess the choices arent spectacular, but neither are our funds. Who knows. Will be a position to watch for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: