Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Combine Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
The cost will determine which route is better. I wouldn't be mad if we got both guys though.

I think if the money is even you probably go for Levitre who is a better player.

I happen to think that they will get similar money about 7 million each but we will have to wait and see.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, I like drafting 2 TEs, since NE uses 2 TEs well and its a copycat league. However, I wouldnt object to us drafting a QB where the 2nd TE is drafted here. Our back up QBs havent done well, and we need quality back ups at any position. We still dont know about Knox, so drafting a WR in the mid rounds is good. I also think we will trade down between 25-32 and pick up a 3rd or extra 4th rounder.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
I like it, I like drafting 2 TEs, since NE uses 2 TEs well and its a copycat league. However, I wouldnt object to us drafting a QB where the 2nd TE is drafted here. Our back up QBs havent done well, and we need quality back ups at any position. We still dont know about Knox, so drafting a WR in the mid rounds is good. I also think we will trade down between 25-32 and pick up a 3rd or extra 4th rounder.

I love the ideas of trading down, but this is not an exceptional draft so it will be interesting to see what we can do in terms if moving around.
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:

I love the ideas of trading down, but this is not an exceptional draft so it will be interesting to see what we can do in terms if moving around.
That's my concern when making my mock. Who would actually want to trade up to where we are. The only teams I could think of are at the top of round 2 for a QB.
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock, but my only concern is do you think the Bears really need to draft two tight ends? Spaeth is not making that much money and they already have Evan Rodriguez plus Kyle Adams in the fold. I do agree that a tight end needs to be added to replace Kellen Davis in the starting lineup.

My question for you is, do you see Rodriguez being an impact player going forward, and do you see that at FB or TE under Trestman. Reason I ask is because Emery seemed to be really high on Rodriguez when he drafted him last year.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Nice mock, but my only concern is do you think the Bears really need to draft two tight ends? Spaeth is not making that much money and they already have Evan Rodriguez plus Kyle Adams in the fold. I do agree that a tight end needs to be added to replace Kellen Davis in the starting lineup.

My question for you is, do you see Rodriguez being an impact player going forward, and do you see that at FB or TE under Trestman. Reason I ask is because Emery seemed to be really high on Rodriguez when he drafted him last year.

I think E-Rod did a great job as a FB/H-Back last year and I wouldn’t move him from that spot…I don’t think he is big enough to play as an inline TE but as a FB he is a good run blocker and we can motion him out of the backfield and get favourable matchups in the passing game…I think Escobar and Williams have really different skill sets and would give us guys to develop and move forward with.
Los Osos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see any reason to keep D.J. Moore.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Los Osos wrote:

I remember the vast majority…including myself...saying that about Tim Jennings last offseason…there is no doubt Moore had a rough year…but in the 2 seasons before that he had 16 PBUs & 8 INTs…at 25 years old he still has plenty of time to come back around and if we can retain him on a solid deal we should.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Los Osos wrote:

I remember the vast majority…including myself...saying that about Tim Jennings last offseason…there is no doubt Moore had a rough year…but in the 2 seasons before that he had 16 PBUs & 8 INTs…at 25 years old he still has plenty of time to come back around and if we can retain him on a solid deal we should.
If Lovie was still here, I would say that Moore for sure played himself off the team this year, but we'll have to see what Mel Tucker and Marc Trestman want on that side of the ball now.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
DaMike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Los Osos wrote:

If Lovie was still here, I would say that Moore for sure played himself off the team this year, but we'll have to see what Mel Tucker and Marc Trestman want on that side of the ball now.
I agree. Moore can still have a role. It may be limited but you never know. The only think I see is that Moore thinks he's a starter and may get more money elsewhere.
Bounty91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Los Osos wrote:

I agree. Moore can still have a role. It may be limited but you never know. The only think I see is that Moore thinks he's a starter and may get more money elsewhere.

I can see Moore chasing a starting gig and more money elsewhere. I would prefer resigning Hayden at NB, who has played marginally better and would be cheaper.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: