Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre Senior Bowl/Combine QB Rankings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1A. Geno Smith
1B. Tyler Wilson
2. Zac Dysert
3. Matt Barkley
4. Ryan Nassib
5. Mike Glennon
6. Landry Jones
7. EJ Manuel
8. Alex Carder
9. Colby Cameron
10. Matt Scott
11. Nathan Stanley (very raw but very talented)

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Has anyone in here seen any Redhawks games this year?

I think you are trying to trick people.

I have not seen any games, but watching every throw made in 2 games on youtube, at least 3 times each, against solid to very good competition is pretty good. And ultimately it's all the tape we're going to have until this week.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Has anyone in here seen any Redhawks games this year?

I think you are trying to trick people.

I have not seen any games, but watching every throw made in 2 games on youtube, at least 3 times each, against solid to very good competition is pretty good. And ultimately it's all the tape we're going to have until this week.

Just checking. I wanted to know where the diehards got Miami of Ohio gamefilm!

Wink

Here is my ranking right now :

Geno Smith, West Virginia
Tyler Wilson, Arkansas
Mike Glennon, North Carolina State
Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
E.J. Manuel, Florida State
Zac Dysert, Miami (OH)
Landry Jones, Oklahoma
Matt Barkley, USC
Tyler Bray, Tennessee (Junior)
Sean Renfree, Duke
Brad Sorenson, Southern Utah

The only two quarterbacks I haven't watched any games of would be Dysert and Sorenson. I am not a big fan of Landry Jones or Matt Barkley so ranking Dysert where I did ahead of them was pretty much by default. I watched as many games as possible that had "draftable" starting quarterbacks this year because of our definite need.

I am definitely looking forward to watching Dysert during offseason workouts/games. I do agree with your ranking of Smith and Wilson being #1A and #1B. I do have reservations about Smith and Wilson is definitely not far behind.

Edit : As I see it there are basically three tiers at the top. Smith and Wilson in tier 1, with Glennon and Nassib in tier 2. Dysert could definitely enter tier 2 IMO, which is why I want to watch him this offseason. Then you have the next tier with E.J. Manuel at top and behind Dysert the aforementioned Jones and Barkley. The rest are definitely in the long term developmental area.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

Sean Renfree, Duke

I'll need to look into Renfree and Sorenson. What's to like about them? Are the high upside guys that need work, or solid game manager types with limited upside?

Bray for me is almost undraftable and is why I didn't have him ranked. I suppose if I was supremely confident in my staff, team culture, and locker room attitude, I'd be OK with bringing him in. Ultimately, your QB should be your leader, and by default needs to be a respectable person. I don't believe Bray fits that mold, and as such is essentially undraftable.

FYI, the last four in my list all played at the Shrine Game. I had seen some from Cameron (whole A&M game) and Matt Scott (bowl game) before, and they were OK, but Carder stood out as the most ready, and Nathan Stanley as the most gifted.

Stanley is intriguing, because the school he comes from is one that didn't have a football program like 7-8 years ago, so it's understandable if he didn't have the best development. I've been to this school before (Southeastern Louisiana) as my wife went there for 2 years. It's smaller then some JUCO's I've seen.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Sean Renfree, Duke

I'll need to look into Renfree and Sorenson. What's to like about them? Are the high upside guys that need work, or solid game manager types with limited upside?

Bray for me is almost undraftable and is why I didn't have him ranked. I suppose if I was supremely confident in my staff, team culture, and locker room attitude, I'd be OK with bringing him in. Ultimately, your QB should be your leader, and by default needs to be a respectable person. I don't believe Bray fits that mold, and as such is essentially undraftable.

FYI, the last four in my list all played at the Shrine Game. I had seen some from Cameron (whole A&M game) and Matt Scott (bowl game) before, and they were OK, but Carder stood out as the most ready, and Nathan Stanley as the most gifted.

Stanley is intriguing, because the school he comes from is one that didn't have a football program like 7-8 years ago, so it's understandable if he didn't have the best development. I've been to this school before (Southeastern Louisiana) as my wife went there for 2 years. It's smaller then some JUCO's I've seen.

Renfree IMO has some tools to work with. He has good size and has an NFL arm. I am not necessarily comparing prospects, but Renfree might be a player like T.J. Yates - a developmental quarterback that could end up being solid when thrown into the mix because of some intangibles to go along with physical ability. IMO Sorenson has the size and arm strength to get a shot at making an NFL roster.

I think when you get into the middle rounds the quarterbacks really start to get jumbled together and it really depends on what a team is specifically looking for that will determine how the final ranking (drafted) will shake out.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: