Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Caldwell is in talks to return with the Ravens...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Jim Caldwell is in talks to return with the Ravens... Reply with quote

Per Jason LaCanforna on The NFL Today pregame show.

Quote:
Jim Caldwell is in talks with Harbaugh of the Ravens about retaining his coordinator position for next season. So obviously he'll be back there in that capacity (when referring to minority offensive coordinators and a possible update to the Rooney rule).

Obviously if their is a twitter update that I should be aware of I'll add that link.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. At this point it seems like some of the better offensive coordinator talent available has already been taken by teams that have already ended their seasons and Caldwell has done a pretty good job so far. I'll be interested to see what kind of system/playbook he implements himself next season.
Baltimore Pride

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm content with that. Hes been pretty solid so far and Flacco also has a good relationship with him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earned it.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Earned it.

This.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Earned it.

This.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

gooselovechild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't knock the red zone success and Joe's improved confidence since he took over.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say though, out of all the games Jim has coached, this one has impressed me the least. The playcalling was vanilla for a lot of the game. When he opened it up, the Ravens broke open the game. Hopefully you guys open the offense up early. Put the ball in the Flacco's hands from the start.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Gotta say though, out of all the games Jim has coached, this one has impressed me the least. The playcalling was vanilla for a lot of the game. When he opened it up, the Ravens broke open the game. Hopefully you guys open the offense up early. Put the ball in the Flacco's hands from the start.

I think this is a case of coaches finally becoming familiar with his tendencies- part of it at least. I think the 49ers will be the most apt of any team this season in being able to put together a plan to stop Caldwell's tendencies.

But yeah, he was indeed less creative than in some of his other games that he's coahed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

I think this is a case of coaches finally becoming familiar with his tendencies- part of it at least. I think the 49ers will be the most apt of any team this season in being able to put together a plan to stop Caldwell's tendencies.

But yeah, he was indeed less creative than in some of his other games that he's coahed.

However, the important thing was that he made adjustments, which Cam would never seem to do.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/21/sports/football/ravens-caldwell-lets-his-offense-make-loudest-statement.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&smid=tw-share

This is a pretty good read.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Bisciotti, here are your contract negotiation tactics for Jim Caldwell, this off-season:

The man has earned it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most definitely earned it.

Honestly, while I'm interested in what kind of system he wants to put in -- I wouldn't be shocked if he kept a lot of what we've been doing. It's obviously been working, and while the scheme as a whole isn't a great fit for Flacco, it's been working. Have I mentioned its been working?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

I don't know I was liking the play-calling last night. All the draw plays help set up other things and I loved that we called a run on 3rd and 2. I'll have to watch the game again, but I know there were other plays where I said I liked the call.

I kind of think the vanilla calls early are meant to sort of lull the defense to sleep and get them expecting certain things, that way at the end of the game when we need to make something happen we can change it up and catch them off guard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: