Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Schefter: Worthy to undergo ACL surgery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Well, any ligament sprain is technically a tear. So you can a player has a "torn ACL" without the ligament being completely severed. It's conceivable that it was a minor tear that was discovered during a scope procedure and required relatively little work.

It's also conceivable that it was a completely severed ligament and required a graft, they don't tell us this sort of thing.

I'm not going to get into this one that much. But that was a "low" ACL tear. I have seen players play with those a few weeks after knife met skin. Even more so at position. Not a real issue for me other than it being his second ACL injury. Don't forget that Worthy had a ACL in high school also.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-worthy-faces-battle-to-return-from-acl-surgery-r98h4ah-188450091.html

Quote:
Defensive end Jerel Worthy has undergone reconstructive knee surgery and will have to overcome long odds to play for the Green Bay Packers in the 2013 season.

Uh.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you guys that a knee doesn't get that big from a bruise... Thing looked more swollen than when I tore three ligaments in my knee. You guys with me on the "draft a DL" bandwagon, now?
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
You guys with me on the "draft a DL" bandwagon, now?

Been on it bruh.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sick and tired of all this injury BS! I mean for christs sake first its Mike Neal, then its Sherrod, then Bulaga, then Perry and now Worthy! WHY CANT OUR HIGH PICKS STAY HEALTHY Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
justo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:
You guys with me on the "draft a DL" bandwagon, now?

Been on it bruh.

It's Floyd time.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornOnDaCobb wrote:
Im sick and tired of all this injury BS! I mean for christs sake first its Mike Neal, then its Sherrod, then Bulaga, then Perry and now Worthy! WHY CANT OUR HIGH PICKS STAY HEALTHY Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
You forgot Bishop and like 900 others Crying or Very sad

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:

Well I was referring to our high draft picks over the last 3 years, 5 out of the last 6 of our 1st or 2nd round picks have landed on the IR ( Bulaga, Sherrod, Perry, Neal, Worthy). Unbelievable. Morgan Burnett missed his rookie year too.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornOnDaCobb wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:

Well I was referring to our high draft picks over the last 3 years, 5 out of the last 6 of our 1st or 2nd round picks have landed on the IR ( Bulaga, Sherrod, Perry, Neal, Worthy). Unbelievable. Morgan Burnett missed his rookie year too.
Trust me, I have lost many hour of sleep thinking about it and what could have been. Never got to see the Collins-Burnett duo at 100%. Can't imagine how dominant we would be if healthy...

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a crap article. All ACL injuries are not the same. If Worthy had a complete ACL it could/should have been found by hand before he even left the field. I don't know what they might have found in surgery. But good chance this is just a writer than seen ACL and jumped. That, or the Packers medical staff did that young man a incredible disservice by getting it wrong from the beginning and costing him valuable weeks.

Good chance someone seen ACL though and jumped to conclusions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
That is a crap article. All ACL injuries are not the same. If Worthy had a complete ACL it could/should have been found by hand before he even left the field. I don't know what they might have found in surgery. But good chance this is just a writer than seen ACL and jumped. That, or the Packers medical staff did that young man a incredible disservice by getting it wrong from the beginning and costing him valuable weeks.

Good chance someone seen ACL though and jumped to conclusions.

I've been saying this from the beginning. I forget who it was but one of his teammates was on the Josh Sitton Show (Radio) after the 49ers game and someone asked about Worthy. They said he was going to have minor surgery on his knee to "clean up" some things. Sure it's probably an ACL injury but from everything I've heard he did NOT have a full reconstructive surgery. It's Packers beat writers playing everything up as a worst case doom and gloom scenario when they have nothing to base it on, as usual.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:

Trust me, I have lost many hour of sleep thinking about it and what could have been. Never got to see the Collins-Burnett duo at 100%. Can't imagine how dominant we would be if healthy...

Jeez man, come to see it now another Nick Collins is exactly what we need right now. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this has been interesting.

Expect to see Worthy on the field come camps.

Still need another defensive lineman. Amazing how the Packers play a 3-4 and often a 2 lineman nickel and they still need to find more linemen... just doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't he have a knee injury in high school?

Quote:
Worthy's hopes to play next season should be helped by the fact that he has never suffered a major injury before. But generally, it takes longer for a 300-pound lineman to come back from an ACL than a smaller player.

Bob McGinn doing what he does best, making things appear out of thin air.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
Didn't he have a knee injury in high school?

Quote:
Worthy's hopes to play next season should be helped by the fact that he has never suffered a major injury before. But generally, it takes longer for a 300-pound lineman to come back from an ACL than a smaller player.

Bob McGinn doing what he does best, making things appear out of thin air.

FACT!

Worthy had a full ACL in high school. One of the flags I had there anyway. Most high school level ACL's are not done in the same manner as one would be done on a pro athlete. Because of this, re-injury and/or arthritis often plays out over time. I did not kill the kid over it but something that did come up in our room.

LIS, that article is garbage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: