Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If 2nd round pick isn't for the secondary...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you pick?
Marcus Hunt, DE, SMU
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Robert Woods, WR, USC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Williams Gholston, DE, MSU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (list them)
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
William Gholston and Kyle Long are 3rd round prospects right now. And there is a slew of WR's that I would like to see drop to us.

Cordarelle Patterson
Robert Woods
DeAndre Hopkins

Lane Johnson would be a nice pick as well.

Jesse Williams is a big boy and could play the nose to clog up the A gaps and bring on C's and G's.

I would like to keep a good staple of WR's and I would believe that adding another younger prospect with speed and height would really set us up for some long seasons.

Been saying this for several months. This is the perfect draft for us to take a WR, being that there are several WR's that are worthy of a 1st round grade, but likely won't all be selected in the 1st due to how many are coming out this year.

I'm hoping Patterson/Hunter/Williams/Austin are available in the second
I doubt any of them will be there for us in round 2. If they are though, hard to pass on that talent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
William Gholston and Kyle Long are 3rd round prospects right now. And there is a slew of WR's that I would like to see drop to us.

Cordarelle Patterson
Robert Woods
DeAndre Hopkins

Lane Johnson would be a nice pick as well.

Jesse Williams is a big boy and could play the nose to clog up the A gaps and bring on C's and G's.

I would like to keep a good staple of WR's and I would believe that adding another younger prospect with speed and height would really set us up for some long seasons.

Been saying this for several months. This is the perfect draft for us to take a WR, being that there are several WR's that are worthy of a 1st round grade, but likely won't all be selected in the 1st due to how many are coming out this year.

I'm hoping Patterson/Hunter/Williams/Austin are available in the second
I doubt any of them will be there for us in round 2. If they are though, hard to pass on that talent.

In total there are at least 10 guys that could be viewed as round 1-2 selections right now. Plus depending on how guys like Denard Robinson/Dobson/Swope looks in offseason workouts they could be in the round 2 mix as well, so I got a feeling someone will drop to us.

Here's a list of whats gonna be available this year for us to pick from
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/WR
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People want what were a couple teams no. 2 or 3 receiver in the 2nd round?

Wait till the 3rd or 4th to take a wr. Theyll be just as good there as any other selected after 20.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

Wait till the 3rd or 4th to take a wr. Theyll be just as good there as any other selected after 20.

How so? It's very possible that a 1st round caliber wr falls to us in the second with how many are coming out this year. If we wait until the 3rd-4th we likely are going to be drafting a wr that is not going to have the potential to be a number 1 or 2 wr opposite Garcon.
Almm24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this scenario happens and no secondary player is worth our 2nd rounder, i'd go RT or ILB.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

How so? It's very possible that a 1st round caliber wr falls to us in the second with how many are coming out this year. If we wait until the 3rd-4th we likely are going to be drafting a wr that is not going to have the potential to be a number 1 or 2 wr opposite Garcon.

Peterson Hopkins and Hunter wernt near as good as the 1st those teams had that missed this year on those teams. We have gotten guys much like them before. Hankerson, Kelly, Morgan.

Why take guys. Much like we already have. If even that good. Over a guy like Skov, Riddick at the ILB position alone.
As good of wrs will be around later in the draft. There isnt much if any separation of those guys.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Peterson Hopkins and Hunter wernt near as good as the 1st those teams had that missed this year on those teams. We have gotten guys much like them before. Hankerson, Kelly, Morgan.

Why take guys. Much like we already have. If even that good. Over a guy like Skov, Riddick at the ILB position alone.
As good of wrs will be around later in the draft. There isnt much if any separation of those guys.

I'm not quite sure what you meant by that 1st sentence? As for having guys like Patterson, Hopkins, and Hunter...No we haven't had guys like them/don't currently have any guys like them.

Hankerson has okay straight line speed, but has no quickness at all, and has inconsistent hands.

Malcolm Kelly could have been a very good Receiver had it not been for the knee problems.

Josh Morgan is nothing more than a solid 3rd/4th receiver.

Patterson is 6'3" and Hunter is 6'4". Both would add some needed size to our receiving core. They also both have great speed, and can stretch the field, which would help us out a ton since we need to take advantage of RG3's ability to throw the deep ball. Same can be said about Williams as well good size/speed ratio. All 3 of these receivers have the talent to be number 1 receivers.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At our pick, if Philip Thomas is there, we have to take this kid. Lead the nation in INT's, is physical and has speed. A gifted player.

I believe the biggest need for the Redskins is FS. And we have to snag a S with our pick as the top end of the S class is deep and there is sure to be a run on them in the 2nd.

Philip Thomas
Kenny Vaccaro
Baccari Rambo
T.J. McDonald
Matt Elam
Eric Reid
Tony Jefferson
Robert Lester
Shawn Williams
D.J. Swearinger

After these guys, the level drops off.

Duke Williams
Josh Evans
John Boyett
Zeke Motta

IF we cannot snag up Philip Thomas, then I feel we need to go after Tony Jefferson.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

i totally agree Parothead. Ill also day any WR we select this year in the draft will be 4th or 5th on the depth chart depending on whether Moss and/or Briscoe are back.

So my questions to the people wanting to take a wr in round 2 is, why take a wr who won't play much on offense and will be primarily a special teams player instead of a DB, ILB or Rt who will probably start or be #2 on the depth chart year one?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
At our pick, if Philip Thomas is there, we have to take this kid. Lead the nation in INT's, is physical and has speed. A gifted player.

I believe the biggest need for the Redskins is FS. And we have to snag a S with our pick as the top end of the S class is deep and there is sure to be a run on them in the 2nd.

Philip Thomas
Kenny Vaccaro
Baccari Rambo
T.J. McDonald
Matt Elam
Eric Reid
Tony Jefferson
Robert Lester
Shawn Williams
D.J. Swearinger

Duke Williams
Josh Evans
John Boyett
Zeke Motta

IF we cannot snag up Philip Thomas, then I feel we need to go after Tony Jefferson.
Preach on brother!
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

i totally agree Parothead. Ill also day any WR we select this year in the draft will be 4th or 5th on the depth chart depending on whether Moss and/or Briscoe are back.

So my questions to the people wanting to take a wr in round 2 is, why take a wr who won't play much on offense and will be primarily a special teams player instead of a DB, ILB or Rt who will probably start or be #2 on the depth chart year one?

There are quite a few WR's that would be a solid #2 on this team, because not one WR we have has stepped into that role. Moss is clearly a slot WR, Morgan gets lost, Briscoe won't be on the team, Aldrick Robinson has a lot of work to do and is really only a downfield threat...

That leaves Hankerson. Hankerson earned his starting gig, by process of elimination really. His hands are still sketchy, he doesnt have top end speed and his route running needs work.

Adding a guy like Cordarelle Patterson, who could project to the first round, Robert Woods, or Markus Wheaton really could bolster the WR corps to take away pressure on Garcon.

Fred Davis is going to come back and should be able to do this as well. But merely having a young #2 with a lot of upside and potential, could really allow Griffin to stay in the pocket, allow plays to develop and getting him away from running the ball so much to make things happen.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

There are quite a few WR's that would be a solid #2 on this team, because not one WR we have has stepped into that role. Moss is clearly a slot WR, Morgan gets lost, Briscoe won't be on the team, Aldrick Robinson has a lot of work to do and is really only a downfield threat...

That leaves Hankerson. Hankerson earned his starting gig, by process of elimination really. His hands are still sketchy, he doesnt have top end speed and his route running needs work.

Adding a guy like Cordarelle Patterson, who could project to the first round, Robert Woods, or Markus Wheaton really could bolster the WR corps to take away pressure on Garcon.

Fred Davis is going to come back and should be able to do this as well. But merely having a young #2 with a lot of upside and potential, could really allow Griffin to stay in the pocket, allow plays to develop and getting him away from running the ball so much to make things happen.
they are going to be rookies though. I just don't see them taking over those guys year 1. Especially with Shanahan as the coach, he doesn't start rookie wrs
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

Philip Thomas
Kenny Vaccaro
Baccari Rambo
T.J. McDonald
Matt Elam
Eric Reid
Tony Jefferson
Robert Lester
Shawn Williams
D.J. Swearinger

Duke Williams
Josh Evans
John Boyett
Zeke Motta

If PT is there and we pass on him, I'm personally going to Redskins Park and creating a scene!

Same for TJ.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
they are going to be rookies though. I just don't see them taking over those guys year 1. Especially with Shanahan as the coach, he doesn't start rookie wrs

Eheerrmmm Eddie Royal?

I agree with you on S though. 2nd Round S has a better chance of starting for us and filling a position of need. Let's fix our D in this deep secondary draft this year the way we focused on our Offense last draft,

Once Terrance Williams is gone I'm looking at Safeties Laughing
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

My thoughts exactly. If we went S or WR in round 2 I would be perfectly happy. I have a feeling we could get a starting safety in round 3 with the depth this year at the position (Rambo,Swearinger, etc.).

Something like this would be my ultimate scenario for the draft
Round 2 Patterson/Hunter/Williams
Round 3 Rambo/Swearinger/Mcdonald
Round 4 Nico Johnson/Kevin Reddick
Round 5 Mathieu/Mcfadden/Greg Reid (pending how he recovered from knee/off field issues)

Then go BPA after that in the remaining rounds. If we did do this draft I would target a RT in free agency, and probably a CB like Sam Shields. I'm not too worried about the line right now, as we did draft a bunch of young guys last year, and am curious to see if one of them can step up this year at the RT position. With that said it wouldn't hurt to sign someone there either, gotta try to limit RG3 being demolished in the pocket next season if possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: