Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Richie incognitoto the pro bowl?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Richie incognitoto the pro bowl? Reply with quote

It is expected that after this weekend he will be added either to replace logan mankings of the patriots or marshal yanda of baltimore.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was our best guard, by far IMO. He actually had a couple plays in open space and while he's not the best fit for what we're trying to do on the offensive line he's probably the 2nd / 3rd best OL we have assuming Jake walks.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having Richie Incognito play in a ZBS is like watching a bull navigate a china shop.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He and Jerry were both so-so run blockers in our ZBS, which by itself is surprising considering they didn't completely fail, but he was a good pass protector for us regardless. That said, I'm sure someone else is probably more deserving.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the gets more tish than he deserves - we didnt call his name all season. That being said - next in line after Mankins and Yanda? Shocked
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
I think the gets more tish than he deserves - we didnt call his name all season. That being said - next in line after Mankins and Yanda? Shocked

Mankins didn't have a good season, similar to Long. It was also a bit of a shock that he was voted in.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did alright, I definitely wouldn't rush to replace him.

But not really a pro bowler.

^ Jamison on the sig.
Judson49

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Bowl. Pah!! What a pointless event.

Didn't Mankins start at the Pro Bowl despite missing half a season?

...and CD, "He was our best guard by far"?? John Jerry dude, not sure I didn't have a better season than him!
DoLFaN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pro bowl is a joke, Pouncey should have made it EASY

he is one of the best centers in the NFL
mountainpd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might increase his trade value though.

^^^Kempes^^^
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pro Bowl has become a farse for years. NO one wants to play in it and when they do the participants are risk adverse, which equates to hogwash. I think the time has come where making the Pro Bowl is no longer the badge of honor it once was. I applauded the move of Roger Goddel to move the pro bowl the week before the SuperBowl. Now I believe he should do what is right and eliminate it. I think making the pro bowl should now be substituted to making the All-Pro team. Those who make the All-Pro team are given an incentive trip by the NFL to take at any point within 12 months. This way we do not have to grind our teeth whenever we hear a 4th alternate being introduced as a pro bowler when he does not deserve it.

Incognito is no more a pro bowler than I am. All this does is give him false sense of entitlement when his contract expires.

Last edited by ovaw8lover on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
The Pro Bowl has become a farse for years. NO one wants to play in it and when they do the participants are risk adverse, which equates to hogwash. I think the time has come where making the Pro Bowl is no longer the badge of honor it once was. I applauded the move of Roger Goddel to move the pro bowl the week. Now I believe he should do what is right and eliminate it. I think making the pro bowl should now be substituted to making the All-Pro team. Those who make the All-Pro team are given an incentive trip by the NFL to take at any point within 12 months. This way we do not have to grind our teeth whenever we hear a 4th alternate being introduced as a pro bowler when he does not deserve it.

Incognito is no more a pro bowler than I am. All this does is give him false sense of entitlement when his contract expires.

I'm on board. I agree the Pro Bowl Game is a farce. Pro Bowl Honors have always been considered inferior to the All Pro moniker. The Pro Bowl represents the best in your conference while All Pro is for the best in the NFL. Beyond that, the game itself is often filled with 2nd and 3rd choices since so many guys skip the game and since the Superbowl participants aren't eligible to play.

Up until the mid 70' there was a game each year between the College All Stars and Title winner from the Pro's. The game was meaningless, the coaches hated it, and the fans started to see how pointless (and mismatched) the game was. It went away and I never hear ANYONE complain that its gone. I firmly believe the same thing would happen with the Pro Bowl. Especially since its practically two hand touch.

Incognito was bi-polar with his play. He had some absolute crap games , and he played well against some others. That kind of inconsistency shouldn't earn a guy a probowl trip, but hey, as has been mentioned, there's only so many candidates and half of them seem unwilling or unable to play.

I love me some football, but I'm all for canning this game.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pro-bowl is pointless....

I think the last one I watch was when Ricky Williams made it after his 1800 yards season. Give the guys the honor of making AFC/NFC All Pro and NFL All Pro send them an award in the mail and be done with it....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito was GREAT the last 6-7 weeks. Took time to adjust to ZBS, but then he was excellent.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: