Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects linked to the Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. He should definitely be reinstated. Dude was in jail. Did his time. Suspended for this whole season even though he was out of jail. All he did was drink some sizzurp. Stallworth killed a dude. I'm pretty sure Jerome Simpson had like 20lbs of marijuana and he's only got a few games. And I don't think Sam Hurd is suspended, just not good so he's a fa. Jolly deserves to be reinstated for next season.

Jolly was already suspended and then got busted again. He's had his multiple chances and I'd be pretty surprised if he got another shot. All of your examples, sure might be worse in the individual, but Jolly had his 4 game, 1 year and now indefinite suspension. He got his 3 strikes and didn't learn.

Also at this point, this long out of football, I have no faith he'd be able to come in and contribute anything to anyone, even if he did get a shot.
He's an unfortunate case of a guy who ended up addicted to painkillers. As was stated, he did his time, and others have done far worse.

As for his ability to compete, they do have weight facilities in some prisons, and that's why he should be instated at the beginning of the offseason, to give him a chance to work with the conditioning staff, and a full offseason to get in football shape
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
spilltray wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. He should definitely be reinstated. Dude was in jail. Did his time. Suspended for this whole season even though he was out of jail. All he did was drink some sizzurp. Stallworth killed a dude. I'm pretty sure Jerome Simpson had like 20lbs of marijuana and he's only got a few games. And I don't think Sam Hurd is suspended, just not good so he's a fa. Jolly deserves to be reinstated for next season.

Jolly was already suspended and then got busted again. He's had his multiple chances and I'd be pretty surprised if he got another shot. All of your examples, sure might be worse in the individual, but Jolly had his 4 game, 1 year and now indefinite suspension. He got his 3 strikes and didn't learn.

Also at this point, this long out of football, I have no faith he'd be able to come in and contribute anything to anyone, even if he did get a shot.
He's an unfortunate case of a guy who ended up addicted to painkillers. As was stated, he did his time, and others have done far worse.

As for his ability to compete, they do have weight facilities in some prisons, and that's why he should be instated at the beginning of the offseason, to give him a chance to work with the conditioning staff, and a full offseason to get in football shape

He had 3 different arrests over a 3 year period for the same issue. He's had his chances and blew them all. At some point you don't get any more, and that's where his situation probably is now. Others have done worse on individual incidents, sure, but not 3 separate felony drug cases.

This isn't "He deserves a second chance!". What you are arguing is that he deserves a FOURTH chance. Sorry he's blown all his good graces and I really can't see him getting the benefit of the doubt all over again, regardless.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SDN40

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If there is an injury or two, Texas A&M running back Christine Michael will be asked to join the Senior Bowl. Michael had a great week in St. Petersburg for the East-West Shrine. WalterFootball.com has been told by sources that the Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints and New York Jets love Michael. Some believe that he might sneak into the third round. His Combine performance, interviews and physical are going to be critical for Michael to maintain his positive momentum up draft boards."

Additional info from Walters talking about Christine Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
"If there is an injury or two, Texas A&M running back Christine Michael will be asked to join the Senior Bowl. Michael had a great week in St. Petersburg for the East-West Shrine. WalterFootball.com has been told by sources that the Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints and New York Jets love Michael. Some believe that he might sneak into the third round. His Combine performance, interviews and physical are going to be critical for Michael to maintain his positive momentum up draft boards."

Additional info from Walters talking about Christine Michael

Michaels a very intriguing prospect, was a 5 star coming to TA&M and had a great frosh year, then got hurt and didn't live up quite as much to the hype, we'll see how his skills translate to the pros
packattack86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
DraftCountdownBlog wrote:
Massive Georgia NT John Jenkins is an easy guy to spot and Iíll be interested to see what he weighs in at tomorrow after being listed at 358 pounds on the official roster. At one point Jenkins was joking around with Packers GM Ted Thompson and an unidentified Bears employee and the table of Krispy Kreme doughnuts were mentioned followed by a round of laughs.

It's something Laughing
Ted Thompson...joking around??

I've watched enough Georgia games to where i'd be very happy if he falls to 26. The guy is massive, but he's not just a blob, he can move a bit for a big man, very hard to move and he can push the pocket much better than Pickett. He would be a nice NT/DE combo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margus Hunt had an interview with the Packers.

From Walterfootball.com:
Quote:
WalterFootball.com spoke with Hunt on media night and learned there are a plethora of teams that are interested in him. In only one night of interviews, he met with a quarter of the NFL.

"I met the Buccaneers, the Packers, the Dolphins, Bears, the Saints for a brief moment, the 49ers, the Jaguars and the Texans as well."
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margus Hunt has some serious potential, but he literally has 'Boom or Bust' written all over him. It's hard not to be infatuated with his size and potential. All of that being said, I would want nothing to do with him until our 2nd Round Pick.

Christine Michael reminds me so much of Trent Richardson. I really like his ability and would welcome him in the third round. Him and Harris would be a really good backfield.

Check out some highights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVqxFeWFoU
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
Margus Hunt has some serious potential, but he literally has 'Boom or Bust' written all over him. It's hard not to be infatuated with his size and potential. All of that being said, I would want nothing to do with him until our 2nd Round Pick.
]
like in sharpie?
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
]
like in sharpie?

Yep... Sharpie
Teddy T

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinton Patten WR, Louisiana Tech
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy T wrote:
/2013/01/28/2013-nfl-draft-team-interests/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=2013-nfl-draft-team-interests]Quinton Patten WR, Louisiana Tech

He seems like a TT receiver too

IrishGreen wrote:
we're all gonna make it
justo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy T wrote:
/2013/01/28/2013-nfl-draft-team-interests/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=2013-nfl-draft-team-interests]Quinton Patten WR, Louisiana Tech
Watch him be our #1 pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Teddy T wrote:
Watch him be our #1 pick.

Don't be silly, have you not seen TT's secret approach

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512276

IrishGreen wrote:
we're all gonna make it
Willink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy T wrote:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/receivers-catching-looks-from-packers-ak8gosc-188313691.html

Quote:
The Packers did meet with Patton this week. And he believes he fits the team's small-school, overlooked mold.

None of Green Bay's receivers come from powerhouses. James Jones (San Jose State), Jennings (Western Michigan) and Driver (Alcorn State) have all been adamant. Humble college roots - being a score on the bottom-line ticker - helped spark their emergence in the pros. Same for Randall Cobb at basketball-craved Kentucky.

Patton actually remembers watching Cobb's high school state championship game. He grew up in Nashville, about three hours away from Cobb's high school. This mind-set that the Packers' receivers often talk about is something Patton can relate to.

"You get overlooked and you have to grind every day," Patton said. "You never take anything for granted. When you get a chance to go against a big school, you want to show out. Every time. You feel like you can play any time against anybody and compete at a high level."

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
RCobb18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
Teddy T wrote:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/receivers-catching-looks-from-packers-ak8gosc-188313691.html

Quote:
The Packers did meet with Patton this week. And he believes he fits the team's small-school, overlooked mold.

None of Green Bay's receivers come from powerhouses. James Jones (San Jose State), Jennings (Western Michigan) and Driver (Alcorn State) have all been adamant. Humble college roots - being a score on the bottom-line ticker - helped spark their emergence in the pros. Same for Randall Cobb at basketball-craved Kentucky.

Patton actually remembers watching Cobb's high school state championship game. He grew up in Nashville, about three hours away from Cobb's high school. This mind-set that the Packers' receivers often talk about is something Patton can relate to.

"You get overlooked and you have to grind every day," Patton said. "You never take anything for granted. When you get a chance to go against a big school, you want to show out. Every time. You feel like you can play any time against anybody and compete at a high level."

Thats what I like to hear, the more I watch on Patton the more I want to see him in Green Bay. Probably my favorite WR in this draft, the guy a great route runner and he can create YAC. I feel like he is going to start moving up draft boards, personally I would take him in the 2nd if he were available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: