Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects linked to the Packers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
DraftCountdownBlog wrote:
Massive Georgia NT John Jenkins is an easy guy to spot and Iíll be interested to see what he weighs in at tomorrow after being listed at 358 pounds on the official roster. At one point Jenkins was joking around with Packers GM Ted Thompson and an unidentified Bears employee and the table of Krispy Kreme doughnuts were mentioned followed by a round of laughs.

It's something Laughing
Ted Thompson...joking around??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank our lucky stars if Jenkins falls. It should take a trade up to have a shot at him.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Thank our lucky stars if Jenkins falls. It should take a trade up to have a shot at him.

You that high on him? I haven't watched much of him because I was looking at length guys so far. Might have to check him out.
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

You that high on him? I haven't watched much of him because I was looking at length guys so far. Might have to check him out.

One of the few guys I watched that could hang with the Alabama oline. Very powerful man there that's hard to keep blocked.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

One of the few guys I watched that could hang with the Alabama oline. Very powerful man there that's hard to keep blocked.

Could be a good replacement for Pickett. Be interesting to see where he goes. I think it depends on what teams in front of us want. Do they want more of a penetrating DT like Richardson? Do they prefer someone like Floyd? Or maybe Williams from Bama for a run stuffer. He could definitely be on the board for us. Could be an interesting pick to help give us another big with good movement skills. Will definitely be a better pass rusher than Pickett.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
RCobb18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

Could be a good replacement for Pickett. Be interesting to see where he goes. I think it depends on what teams in front of us want. Do they want more of a penetrating DT like Richardson? Do they prefer someone like Floyd? Or maybe Williams from Bama for a run stuffer. He could definitely be on the board for us. Could be an interesting pick to help give us another big with good movement skills. Will definitely be a better pass rusher than Pickett.

If Jenkins were to fall to us and we drafted him I think we would kick Raji outside to end and put Jenkins in at nose tackle.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCobb18 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

If Jenkins were to fall to us and we drafted him I think we would kick Raji outside to end and put Jenkins in at nose tackle.
Jenkins played both NT and DE at UGA, and Raji is already comfortable in the middle. Didn't we try Raji at DE already?
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I think discipline, particularly from the OLB and the S is more of the issue than "toughness" or "nasty"
Speed at ILB (we have McMillian for S speed and Perry for OLB speed already) wouldn't hurt.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
RCobb18 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

Jenkins played both NT and DE at UGA, and Raji is already comfortable in the middle. Didn't we try Raji at DE already?

I think Jenkins would be that run stuffing DE we haven't had since Jolly was suspended. Imagine a base D with Jenkins-Raji-Pickett That's over 1100lbs right there. Beastly. Would definitely help free up our LBs to make more plays.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
RCobb18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
RCobb18 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

Raji's first year in the league he was a DE and Pickett was the NT, then the next season Raji went to NT. I thought Raji was actually better at DE , same with Pickett at NT.

I just think Jenkins would be the better fit at NT because of his size.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
RCobb18 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

I think Jenkins would be that run stuffing DE we haven't had since Jolly was suspended. Imagine a base D with Jenkins-Raji-Pickett That's over 1100lbs right there. Beastly. Would definitely help free up our LBs to make more plays.
Do we have a thread on getting Jolly back? Because I definitely think he deserves a full offseason shot.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
RCobb18 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

Do we have a thread on getting Jolly back? Because I definitely think he deserves a full offseason shot.

Not that I'm aware of. He should definitely be reinstated. Dude was in jail. Did his time. Suspended for this whole season even though he was out of jail. All he did was drink some sizzurp. Stallworth killed a dude. I'm pretty sure Jerome Simpson had like 20lbs of marijuana and he's only got a few games. And I don't think Sam Hurd is suspended, just not good so he's a fa. Jolly deserves to be reinstated for next season.

stallyns wrote:
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Not that I'm aware of. He should definitely be reinstated. Dude was in jail. Did his time. Suspended for this whole season even though he was out of jail. All he did was drink some sizzurp. Stallworth killed a dude. I'm pretty sure Jerome Simpson had like 20lbs of marijuana and he's only got a few games. And I don't think Sam Hurd is suspended, just not good so he's a fa. Jolly deserves to be reinstated for next season.

Jolly was already suspended and then got busted again. He's had his multiple chances and I'd be pretty surprised if he got another shot. All of your examples, sure might be worse in the individual, but Jolly had his 4 game, 1 year and now indefinite suspension. He got his 3 strikes and didn't learn.

Also at this point, this long out of football, I have no faith he'd be able to come in and contribute anything to anyone, even if he did get a shot.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Jolly was already suspended and then got busted again. He's had his multiple chances and I'd be pretty surprised if he got another shot. All of your examples, sure might be worse in the individual, but Jolly had his 4 game, 1 year and now indefinite suspension. He got his 3 strikes and didn't learn.

Also at this point, this long out of football, I have no faith he'd be able to come in and contribute anything to anyone, even if he did get a shot.

You sure on those suspensions? I'm pretty sure the 1 year happened, he applied for reinstatement and was denied. I don't know of any 4 game or indefinite.

stallyns wrote:
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
spilltray wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

You sure on those suspensions? I'm pretty sure the 1 year happened, he applied for reinstatement and was denied. I don't know of any 4 game or indefinite.

You're right on the 4 game... from wikipedia:

Quote:
-On July 8, 2008, Houston police arrested Jolly for possession of at least 200 grams of codeine, a second-degree felony.
-On February 11, 2011, Jolly began the process of applying for reinstatement. He was under contract with the Packers until the end of the 2011 season.
-On March 25, 2011, Jolly was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute after police allegedly found 600 grams of codeine in his vehicle.[4] In addition, he was caught driving a car with a suspended license.
-Jolly was arrested and charged again on October 1, for possession of codeine and tampering with evidence by trying to hide the drug.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: