Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D82's 2013 Mock Off-Season *UPDATE*
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27698
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: D82's 2013 Mock Off-Season *UPDATE* Reply with quote

2013 DALLAS COWBOYS COACHING STAFF
HC: Jason Garrett
OC/OL: Bill Callahan
DC: Monte Kiffin
ST: Rich Bisaccia

QBs: Wade Wilson
RBs: Sam Gash
WRs: Hue Jackson
TEs: Wes Phillips
Offensive Quality Control: Keith O'Quinn

DL: Rod Marinelli
Linebackers: Matt Eberflus
Secondary: Jerome Henderson
Assistant Secondary: Joe Baker
Defensive Assistant/Defensive Line: Leon Lett
Defensive Quality Control: Ben Bloom



RE-SIGNED
- Charlie Peprah, S
- L.P. Ladouceur, LS



NOT RE-SIGNED/CUT
- Felix Jones, RB
- Kevin Ogletree, WR
- John Phillips, TE
- Derrick Dockery, OG
- Ryan Cook, C
- Phil Costa, C
- Doug Free, OT (cut after draft/FA)
- Victor Butler, DE/OLB
- Anthony Spencer, DE/OLB
- Kenyon Coleman, DT
- Jay Ratliff (cut after draft/FA)
- Marcus Spears, DT
- Dan Connor, OLB
- Brady Poppinga, OLB
- Ernie Sims, OLB
- Michael Coe, CB
- Mike Jenkins, CB
- Eric Frampton, S
- Danny McCray, S
- Gerald Sensabaugh, S (cut after draft)
- Brian Moorman, P


FREE AGENCY



- Henry Melton, DT follows his former coordinator to Dallas.



- Nick Roach, OLB, a decent ST player and reliable backup OLB.



- Shonn Greene, RB is brought in to be a reliable option should Murray go down.


2013 NFL DRAFT



1st Round, 18th Overall Pick: Chance Warmack OG, Alabama




2nd Round, 47th Overall Pick: Kyle Long OT, Oregon




3rd Round, 80th Overall Pick: Cornellius Carradine DE, Florida State




4th Round, 111th Overall Pick: Brian Schwenke C, California




5th Round, 144th Overall Pick: D.J. Swearinger S, South Carolina




6th Round, 175th Overall Pick: Michael Mauti ILB, Penn State



UDFAs:
- Jake Stoneburner TE, Ohio State
- Sean Renfree QB, Duke
- Tanner Hawkinson OT, Kentucky
- Quanterus Smith DE, Western Kentucky
- Nigel Malone CB, Kansas State


2013 Dallas Cowboys Roster

- OFFENSE -
QB: Tony Romo | Kyle Orton | Sean Renfree
RB: DeMarco Murray | Shonn Greene | Phillip Tanner | Lance Dunbar
FB: Lawrence Vickers
WR: Dez Bryant | Miles Austin | Dwayne Harris | Cole Beasley | Danny Coale
TE: Jason Witten | James Hanna | Jake Stoneburner
LT: Tyron Smith | Tanner Hawkinson
LG: Chance Warmack | David Arkin
C: Mackenzy Bernadeau | Brian Schwenke | Kevin Kowalski
RG: Nate Livings | Ronald Leary
RT: Kyle Long | Jeremy Parnell


- DEFENSE -
DE: Tyrone Crawford | Cornellius Carradine
DT: Jason Hatcher | Sean Lissemore | Rob Callaway
DT: Henry Melton | Brian Price
DE: DeMarcus Ware | Cameron Sheffield | Quanterus Smith
OLB: Alex Albright | Kyle Wilber
MLB: Sean Lee | Michael Mauti | Caleb McSurdy
OLB: Bruce Carter | Nick Roach
CB: Brandon Carr | Orlando Scandrick | Nigel Malone
FS: D.J. Swearinger | Matt Johnson
SS: Barry Church | Charlie Peprah
CB: Morris Claiborne | Sterling Moore


- SPECIAL TEAMS -
K: Dan Bailey
P: Chris Jones
LS: L.P. Ladouceur

_________________

^^^mack


Last edited by Desperado82 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3561
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good Des. AJ Klein is my favorite pick by a mile. I love that kid. He'll never blow you away with his athleticism, but he just produces. He's constantly around the ball making plays. Personally, I don't like taking a safety in the 2nd round. I think we have too big of a problem on the Dline to pass over until the 4th round.

Overall though, I'd be content if this were to happen. Helped out one side of the trenches enormously and addressed the safety position. Still would be worried about Dline.

EDIT: I realize you signed Melton as a FA, but I still feel the need to get younger and more depth through the draft at Dline.
_________________

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27698
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Pretty good Des. AJ Klein is my favorite pick by a mile. I love that kid. He'll never blow you away with his athleticism, but he just produces. He's constantly around the ball making plays. Personally, I don't like taking a safety in the 2nd round. I think we have too big of a problem on the Dline to pass over until the 4th round.

Overall though, I'd be content if this were to happen. Helped out one side of the trenches enormously and addressed the safety position. Still would be worried about Dline.

EDIT: I realize you signed Melton as a FA, but I still feel the need to get younger and more depth through the draft at Dline.


I drafted Taylor and added Quanterus Smith as a UDFA. I personally think Hatcher is going to do well playing as the 3-tech and think Lissemore can be a reliable player to rotate with him. I really am high on Crawford and think he's going to excel in Kiffin's scheme.

We could probably use more depth at the position, but we only have so many resources. It would be great if we could somehow trade down a few spots in round one and land an extra third, still draft Warmack, Thomas, Bakhtiari and land someone like Cornellius Carradine as well...but trades are difficult to predict in a mock.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dboys88-82


Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Posts: 1761
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause All i needed to see was AJ Klein. GO STATE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Des I just don't see Warmack at 18. I think Cooper is more likely and that may even be more hope than realism. If we did get Cooper I would want Warford in the second round and just finally be done with worrying about the o line. The third round will offer a capable safety including Phillip Thomas.

I think the one free agent who would open up our draft would be Levitre. He would allow us to look at several diffent options in the first two rounds.

I know some are skeptical about 6'7" players but I would take Taylor in the 4th in a blink.

What I don't want to do is restructure a bunch of contracts.

Des in your opinion when does Dallas need to draft a qb ?
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27698
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Des I just don't see Warmack at 18. I think Cooper is more likely and that may even be more hope than realism. If we did get Cooper I would want Warford in the second round and just finally be done with worrying about the o line. The third round will offer a capable safety including Phillip Thomas.

I think the one free agent who would open up our draft would be Levitre. He would allow us to look at several diffent options in the first two rounds.

I know some are skeptical about 6'7" players but I would take Taylor in the 4th in a blink.

What I don't want to do is restructure a bunch of contracts.

Des in your opinion when does Dallas need to draft a qb ?


Guards just don't go in the top 15 picks of the draft, the highest one taken here as of late was Iupati, and he was the 17th overall selection. I think it's realistic that Warmack will go around 18-20.

Taylor has drawn some comparisons to Peppers. The guy is talented and I think he can overcome that 'stiffness' to develop into a good player at the next level. He also reminds me a little of Israel Idonije, another player who has had success under Marinelli.

I could see us take a QB anywhere between rounds 4-6. In this mock, I think Rodgers in the 6th is decent value.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Des I just don't see Warmack at 18. I think Cooper is more likely and that may even be more hope than realism. If we did get Cooper I would want Warford in the second round and just finally be done with worrying about the o line. The third round will offer a capable safety including Phillip Thomas.

I think the one free agent who would open up our draft would be Levitre. He would allow us to look at several diffent options in the first two rounds.

I know some are skeptical about 6'7" players but I would take Taylor in the 4th in a blink.

What I don't want to do is restructure a bunch of contracts.

Des in your opinion when does Dallas need to draft a qb ?


Guards just don't go in the top 15 picks of the draft, the highest one taken here as of late was Iupati, and he was the 17th overall selection. I think it's realistic that Warmack will go around 18-20.

Taylor has drawn some comparisons to Peppers. The guy is talented and I think he can overcome that 'stiffness' to develop into a good player at the next level. He also reminds me a little of Israel Idonije, another player who has had success under Marinelli.

I could see us take a QB anywhere between rounds 4-6. In this mock, I think Rodgers in the 6th is decent value.


Des Warmack will go top 15. A couple of teams to look at. Titans as their o line was obliterated by injuries and at least 2 of their 3 interior guys will be gone. You have a former hof guard as hc with a hof guard as the position coach. Also look out for the Browns and the Bolts.

I like Rodgers where you have him but how about him and Zach Dysert ?
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27698
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
I like Rodgers where you have him but how about him and Zach Dysert ?


I can see Dysert going anywhere between the 2nd-4th rounds. Heck, he may even go in the 1st depending on off-season workouts.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17198
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the chances the Bears actually let Melton hit free agency? He seems like a pretty good candidate for the franchise tag.

Would be an absolute home-run signing, though, IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27698
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
What are the chances the Bears actually let Melton hit free agency? He seems like a pretty good candidate for the franchise tag.

Would be an absolute home-run signing, though, IMO.


I think anything's possible. He may not want to re-sign with Chicago given the new defensive coaching staff, and it's possible Chicago may let him walk so as to avoid a rift.

It's most likely wishful thinking, but that's the great thing about mocks.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
J_Rowskee_DC


Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 782
Location: University of North Texas
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of this draft. I would love to sign Henry Melton. Warmack has a chance(see what I did there?) of being there at our pick. Nobody knows what's going to happen. It's too early as of right now to say Warmack won't be there. History doesn't favor guards being selected very high, and I'm hoping history is on our side.

You have my vote for GM
_________________

thanks to Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dboys88-82


Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Posts: 1761
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love AJ Klein, but Jake knott (another iowa state player) might actually fit our needs a little better(SOLB). Either way they are both talented, extremely hard working, and fit Garrett's "RKG". I can see both of them being likely draft picks just for their extreme passion to play the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27698
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
I love AJ Klein, but Jake knott (another iowa state player) might actually fit our needs a little better(SOLB). Either way they are both talented, extremely hard working, and fit Garrett's "RKG". I can see both of them being likely draft picks just for their extreme passion to play the game.


I forget who (Broaddus?) but someone brought it up that we really don't have a reliable backup to Lee. Connor is most likely going to get cut and neither McSurdy nor Lemon really fit the mold of 4-3 MLB. Hence why I took Klein.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dboys88-82


Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Posts: 1761
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
I love AJ Klein, but Jake knott (another iowa state player) might actually fit our needs a little better(SOLB). Either way they are both talented, extremely hard working, and fit Garrett's "RKG". I can see both of them being likely draft picks just for their extreme passion to play the game.


I forget who (Broaddus?) but someone brought it up that we really don't have a reliable backup to Lee. Connor is most likely going to get cut and neither McSurdy nor Lemon really fit the mold of 4-3 MLB. Hence why I took Klein.


Ahh I see. Maybe im wrong, but seeing that Lee's spot is so important, if he went down i think we would possibly just switch Carter over to his spot. I know the responsibilities are far different, but Carter would be our most talented linebacker regardless of who we drafted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24358
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I like:
The Coaching Staff
The Bear FA's.
Overall the Draft.

What I don't Like:
Greene.

The draft in combination with free agency was able to cover most of our biggest needs. I actually believe we can land one major Free Agent, so Melton seems realistic to me.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group