Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Trestman/Emery Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
I like it in general but the one thing I really dislike is Denard Robinson. Essentially you are replacing a guy who was a long term project to become a NFL receiver with another guy who is a long term project to become a NFL receiver. If you're looking for a speedy mid round receiver I am sure we can do far better. Let's be honest, how many guys who transitioned from QB to WR after playing QB their entire college career have ever amounted to anything? Best case I can think of is Brad Smith and he's what, a #4?
Potential HOFer Hines Ward? Randall Cobb? Anquan Boldin? (although he did play WR for a couple games) They say the transition from QB to WR isn't as big of a deal b/c as a QB they already understand route concepts and timing.

Those guys played almost exclusively WR in college. Quick stat check finds Ward had 149 college receptions, Cobb 144 and Boldin 118. Denard Robinson had just 3.
84 of Cobbs receptions came his junior year. He actually has more rushes than anything else as a spread QB.

True, but my point was that they were all accomplished and experienced college WR coming out and that Robinson has never been a receiver at all. I don't doubt that he could eventually develop into a 3 or 4 but I see that being at least 2 years down the road, and especially in he 4th round I think we could get a guy with similar or more upside who is closer to being a factor on game day at the position.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UtahBear wrote:
Quote:
He reminds me of Lance Briggs because he simply does not miss tackles and he gets guys on the ground.

Minter is a good LB, but don't compare him to Lance Briggs if you are gonna mention missed tackles. I've watched Briggs miss tackles for years now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/965914-the-worst-tackler-on-every-nfl-team/page/7

You're using Bleacher Report for support? Laughing Laughing Laughing
bears2308

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but as I said in the previous mock; we need to sign a TE in free agency. There are too many that blow Kellen Davis out of the water (not saying much) that could come in and produce just as well as any 2nd rounder. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to spending big bucks on Clady. He's much better then Bushrod and has a good 6 years left. A franchise LT is what we all want. They are far from cheap... Wink
bears2308

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
I like it in general but the one thing I really dislike is Denard Robinson. Essentially you are replacing a guy who was a long term project to become a NFL receiver with another guy who is a long term project to become a NFL receiver. If you're looking for a speedy mid round receiver I am sure we can do far better. Let's be honest, how many guys who transitioned from QB to WR after playing QB their entire college career have ever amounted to anything? Best case I can think of is Brad Smith and he's what, a #4?
Potential HOFer Hines Ward? Randall Cobb? Anquan Boldin? (although he did play WR for a couple games) They say the transition from QB to WR isn't as big of a deal b/c as a QB they already understand route concepts and timing.

Those guys played almost exclusively WR in college. Quick stat check finds Ward had 149 college receptions, Cobb 144 and Boldin 118. Denard Robinson had just 3.
84 of Cobbs receptions came his junior year. He actually has more rushes than anything else as a spread QB.

True, but my point was that they were all accomplished and experienced college WR coming out and that Robinson has never been a receiver at all. I don't doubt that he could eventually develop into a 3 or 4 but I see that being at least 2 years down the road, and especially in he 4th round I think we could get a guy with similar or more upside who is closer to being a factor on game day at the position.

If it's our 5th pick I don't see the big deal. We drafted Hester in the 2nd and nobody complained. Robinson could very well be a great ST player and have a few packages on offense. I don't think gambling on him in the 5th is a bad idea.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I thought even in pass protection this year he did a heck of a job," Kiper Jr. said. "That was the big question mark with him. Got very incredibly long arms, physical, tough player. I thought he held up a lot better in pass protection."

Kiper Jr. ranks Fluker as the No. 1 right tackle available in the 2013 NFL Draft. In his latest mock draft, he has Fluker landing with the St. Louis Rams at No. 22.

Gil Brandt of NFL.com projected Fluker to go 13th overall to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/01/mel_kiper_jr_alabamas_dj_fluke.html
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
I like it but as I said in the previous mock; we need to sign a TE in free agency. There are too many that blow Kellen Davis out of the water (not saying much) that could come in and produce just as well as any 2nd rounder. Also, I wouldn't be opposed to spending big bucks on Clady. He's much better then Bushrod and has a good 6 years left. A franchise LT is what we all want. They are far from cheap... Wink

Clady and Albert are getting tagged.

Bushrod might be the best available.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
bears2308 wrote:

Clady and Albert are getting tagged.

Bushrod might be the best available.
Albert is far from a sure thing from getting tagged, for 1, there's still the issue of getting Dwayne Bowe resigned, #2 Albert's backup played really well in Albert's absence, and even Chiefs fans are saying that Albert could get kicked inside to guard, #3 Andy Reid loves his early linemen, and the best player in this draft is Joeckel.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
"I thought even in pass protection this year he did a heck of a job," Kiper Jr. said. "That was the big question mark with him. Got very incredibly long arms, physical, tough player. I thought he held up a lot better in pass protection."

Kiper Jr. ranks Fluker as the No. 1 right tackle available in the 2013 NFL Draft. In his latest mock draft, he has Fluker landing with the St. Louis Rams at No. 22.

Gil Brandt of NFL.com projected Fluker to go 13th overall to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/01/mel_kiper_jr_alabamas_dj_fluke.html
He has the makings of a pro bowl OG.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Way too high for a RT. Or a guard for that matter.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Way too high for a RT. Or a guard for that matter.
No it's not. OGs and RTs have and will go in the 1st round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: