Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Trestman/Emery Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Nice write-up. The only move I see a real issue with is the 2nd round pick of Minter. I don't think there is much chance of him making it out of the first round, let alone to the end of the second.

Do you really think 3 MLBs go on the 1st round?

Manti Te'o
Alec Ogletree
And Minter?

It seems to be a position where guys fall.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the right amount of money for a good not great LT?

The great ones are getting 11-12 million a season.

We need to sign a LT because there are only 1-2 legitimate starters in the draft [Fisher and Joeckel]. When you sign a FA you over pay.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

We need to sign a LT because there are only 1-2 legitimate starters in the draft [Fisher and Joeckel]. When you sign a FA you over pay.
I think Long can be had for around $10 mil per. I think he would be a good fit.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

It would be a poor move to pay a guy who has finished the last two years on IR $10 million a year...

As for Bushrod he signed a 2 year $9.5 million contract with the Saints…he has outplayed that but I would think at 29 years old his market would be somewhere between $6 - $7.5 million a season…if we could get him for something like 4 years $28 million with $16 million guaranteed it would be a real solid move.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

It would be a poor move to pay a guy who has finished the last two years on IR $10 million a year...

As for Bushrod he signed a 2 year $9.5 million contract with the Saints…he has outplayed that but I would think at 29 years old his market would be somewhere between $6 - $7.5 million a season…if we could get him for something like 4 years $28 million with $16 million guaranteed it would be a real solid move.

My guess is because he plays LT and not even competent ones usually hit the market that he gets paid on the high age of that range.

Agreed Long is a mistake he is broken down.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Nice write-up. The only move I see a real issue with is the 2nd round pick of Minter. I don't think there is much chance of him making it out of the first round, let alone to the end of the second.

Do you really think 3 MLBs go on the 1st round?

Manti Te'o
Alec Ogletree
And Minter?

It seems to be a position where guys fall.

No, but I think Minter will be the first MLB off the board. I think once the tape of Te'o against 'non-hyphenated' schools is cut together, he'll drop.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it in general but the one thing I really dislike is Denard Robinson. Essentially you are replacing a guy who was a long term project to become a NFL receiver with another guy who is a long term project to become a NFL receiver. If you're looking for a speedy mid round receiver I am sure we can do far better. Let's be honest, how many guys who transitioned from QB to WR after playing QB their entire college career have ever amounted to anything? Best case I can think of is Brad Smith and he's what, a #4?

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I like it in general but the one thing I really dislike is Denard Robinson. Essentially you are replacing a guy who was a long term project to become a NFL receiver with another guy who is a long term project to become a NFL receiver. If you're looking for a speedy mid round receiver I am sure we can do far better. Let's be honest, how many guys who transitioned from QB to WR after playing QB their entire college career have ever amounted to anything? Best case I can think of is Brad Smith and he's what, a #4?

The only one I can think of is Antwaan Randle El but I agree that there will be better WR options in the 4th and better depth options across the board.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

The only one I can think of is Antwaan Randle El but I agree that there will be better WR options in the 4th and better depth options across the board.

Also, I'm not totally convinced with the emergence of guys like Kaepernick and Wilson as non-1st rounders that someone won't draft him before the 4th with the idea that he might be a guy like that in a year or so. I wouldn't, and he isn't as good a passer as either of those guys, but it only takes one team and the NFL is the ultimate copycat league.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Also, I'm not totally convinced with the emergence of guys like Kaepernick and Wilson as non-1st rounders that someone won't draft him before the 4th with the idea that he might be a guy like that in a year or so. I wouldn't, and he isn't as good a passer as either of those guys, but it only takes one team and the NFL is the ultimate copycat league.

You make a good point there…I agree that he wouldn’t have the same effect because teams wouldn’t have to worry about getting beat deep if they over pursue…if someone does take him early it’s Pat White 2.0.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Potential HOFer Hines Ward? Randall Cobb? Anquan Boldin? (although he did play WR for a couple games) They say the transition from QB to WR isn't as big of a deal b/c as a QB they already understand route concepts and timing.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Potential HOFer Hines Ward? Randall Cobb? Anquan Boldin? (although he did play WR for a couple games) They say the transition from QB to WR isn't as big of a deal b/c as a QB they already understand route concepts and timing.

None of those guys played exclusively as QBs in college like Robinson has.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Those guys played almost exclusively WR in college. Quick stat check finds Ward had 149 college receptions, Cobb 144 and Boldin 118. Denard Robinson had just 3.

GRRLacher wrote:
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Those guys played almost exclusively WR in college. Quick stat check finds Ward had 149 college receptions, Cobb 144 and Boldin 118. Denard Robinson had just 3.
84 of Cobbs receptions came his junior year. He actually has more rushes than anything else as a spread QB.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denard Robinson will not be included in the next draft.

But I expect that Emery and Trestman will take someone that makes us go hmm and that they can coach up for value.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: