Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Star Lotulelei 3-4 Beast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Star is basically a Ngata clone, think that's a great comparison.

Because of that, no way he makes it out of the top 4 picks unless some crazy hijinx go down (like two QBs getting picked or someone rolling the dice on Mingo/Jordan).

I have Lotulelei as the best player in this draft. I agree that he most likely will not be there, but if he is, I hope he is our pick. Our defensive line would be absolutely nasty. Luckily there are some good 3-4 OLBs that are going to hit the FA market, so we could add one there. We could also add someone in the 3rd round like Corey Lemonier or Chase Thomas.

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
brownie man

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign a OLB like a Connor Barwin or even Anthony Spencer then I'm cool with Star that would put our defense climbing up to elite, but unless we get a pass rusher in FA you almost have to get it at 6.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude is a monster. Would love it

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Ether

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
I agree with most, I hope we sign at least one 3-4 OLB before the draft so its not a " we have to get this guy" type of pick.

If Star is not selected before us then IMO he would be the BPA and I would love to have him, Winn will still play, having a solid rotation of guys to play up front is always a good thing, plus think of short yardage situations with : Jabaal-Star-Rubin-Taylor-Winn all down... ya I'll take that

So true. It's why I want us to re-sign Sheldon Brown because we aren't going to get a pass rusher, a corner, a 3-4 end, a FS, and help on offense in one draft. Something has to give.
clubberlang

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be one nasty front 3 if we did pick him at 6. I dont see him being there though. I think jax or oakland take him. If we can get a rush linebacker like barwin, kruger or maybe an anthony spencer then i could see us looking at star. We have some real needs on d at cb, fs, lb. A lot of what we do in the draft is going to depend on where we can fill holes during free agency.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Star Lotulelei 3-4 Beast Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
Lotulelei could play NT or either DE spot in the 3-4. Do we look at this guy with our #6/minor trade down selection?

The guy is a Haloti Ngata clone but may be a better athlete. Is he even on the Browns radar, given he would for my money, be the BPA on defense in terms of a 3-4 player?

Sure, we have a million DT's, but Lotulelei is a perfect fit for the 3-4, whereas we would be plugging in guys and hoping they fit currently.

Lotulelei is a monster and would make teams kill themselves in the film room as they gameplan to go up against a front of

DE: Taylor/Rucker
NT: Rubin/Winn/Hughes
DE: Lotulelei/Rucker

I know we need pass rush linebackers more, and I would probably advocate going rush LB at #6-#12 range, but is Lotulelei a guy who we would consider going after?

You can't tell me he isn't a better player than Dion Jordan or Barkevious Mingo or Jarvis Jones, but I do understand positional value of a 3-4 DE is not as high as a 3-4 OLB.

Thoughts?

Now I give credit where credit is due.....now I NEVER thought about Star as our pick....I am a Deion Jordan vs. Dee Milner...but now....especially with the new rookie S.Cap.....a front line of Star, Uncle Phil and Tuba....seriously, I don't think there would be a stronger 3 man front in the NFL.....introducing this kid as a possible pick has me working on a brand new Mock draft....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
BocaRatonBrown1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is BPA I am 100% for taking him. Star can be a PB level player for many years. As far as I am concerned you can not go wrong with this pick.

I know you hear allot of people say you always take BPA.

Does that work the same way if Chance Warmack is sitting there & everyone gorges the the top 5?

#1 Luke Joeckle
#2 Jarvis Jones
#3 Star
#4 Damontre Moore
#5 Dee Milliner
#6 ?

Bruce thinks that Warmack is going to be a HOFer & his stock is on fire fire. He is going to be as dominant as Carl Nicks year 1....
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:
If he is BPA I am 100% for taking him. Star can be a PB level player for many years. As far as I am concerned you can not go wrong with this pick.

Does that work the same way if Chance Warmack is sitting there & everyone gorges the the top 5?

#1 Luke Joeckle
#2 Jarvis Jones
#3 Star
#4 Damontre Moore
#5 Dee Milliner
#6 ?

Bruce thinks that Warmack is going to be a HOFer & his stock is on fire fire. He is going to be as dominant as Carl Nicks year 1....

I'd be perfectly fine taking Jordan in that scenario

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:

#1 Luke Joeckle
#2 Jarvis Jones
#3 Star
#4 Damontre Moore
#5 Dee Milliner
#6 ?

I am betting we would be taking a trade down for a QB with no problem if this were the scenario. Somebody would cream themselves over Geno Smith and attempt to move up and grab him.

If we couldn't find a trade partner, I'd be fine with Geno Smith or Chance Warmack.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:

#1 Luke Joeckle
#2 Jarvis Jones
#3 Star
#4 Damontre Moore
#5 Dee Milliner
#6 ?

I am betting we would be taking a trade down for a QB with no problem if this were the scenario. Somebody would cream themselves over Geno Smith and attempt to move up and grab him.

If we couldn't find a trade partner, I'd be fine with Geno Smith or Chance Warmack.

Part 1 YES....exactly what I am thinking...

Part 2 NO..unless were drafting Geno Smith to "Control the Value" and make a deal later....

I saw a comment from another brother in here about taking Chance Wormack at 5....that shouldnt happen.......one of the statements made was "He is going to be as good as Carl Nicks in year 1".....the same Carl Nicks that was taken in the 5th round? Wink

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
If we sign a OLB like a Connor Barwin or even Anthony Spencer then I'm cool with Star that would put our defense climbing up to elite, but unless we get a pass rusher in FA you almost have to get it at 6.

I agree. If we get a pass rusher at OLB I'd definetly be cool with Star.
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:

#1 Luke Joeckle
#2 Jarvis Jones
#3 Star
#4 Damontre Moore
#5 Dee Milliner
#6 ?

I frown in the direction of people that say "that will never happen" when it comes to the draft, but in this case, I'm going to be that person.

There is no way, now way at all that a QB does not go in the top 5.

Mark Sanchez went 5th overall. And all these QB's are better than him.
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:

#1 Luke Joeckle
#2 Jarvis Jones
#3 Star
#4 Damontre Moore
#5 Dee Milliner
#6 ?

I frown in the direction of people that say "that will never happen" when it comes to the draft, but in this case, I'm going to be that person.

True. I bet Geno and probably Glennon end up in the top 5.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
BocaRatonBrown1 wrote:

#1 Luke Joeckle
#2 Jarvis Jones
#3 Star
#4 Damontre Moore
#5 Dee Milliner
#6 ?

But that was the Jets. Laughing

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on board for taking him for sure.

Unfortunately, I just don't see a situation where he can fall all the way to #6.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: