Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Star Lotulelei 3-4 Beast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spectre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it weren't for Billy Winn I'd be all over Star but as is, if he's rated equal to or above a guy like Moore, I'm taking Moore. Not trying to repeat the Ngata Wimbley decision but if either is BPA, pass rusher has to be the pick.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectre wrote:
If it weren't for Billy Winn I'd be all over Star but as is, if he's rated equal to or above a guy like Moore, I'm taking Moore. Not trying to repeat the Ngata Wimbley decision but if either is BPA, pass rusher has to be the pick.

or LB, Craig Powell over Warren Sapp...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectre wrote:

yeah back in 2006 our need for DE was just as bad as DT. So it was a toss up but this draft our need for LB is far and above than a DL. Hell if Star is legit he could help us trade down a couple spots. Allow us to nab our OLB and allow us to get a 2nd rd pick or something

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Spectre wrote:

looking back at it now that trade down looks bad but at the moment you know the whole city loved it. Youngstown boy, tOSU star, and drafted by the Browns

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Spectre wrote:

looking back at it now that trade down looks bad but at the moment you know the whole city loved it. Youngstown boy, tOSU star, and drafted by the Browns

thats the problem.... draft a player from that ohio school.... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Spectre wrote:

its hard to judge Powell tho because the guy had a serious knee injury that ruined his career

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Spectre wrote:

its hard to judge Powell tho because the guy had a serious knee injury that ruined his career

the Miami team that Sapp was on also had Ray Lewis... and the Rock!! Very Happy

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Spectre wrote:

I think everyone knows that. Warren Sapp was the reason the rocks playing career was ruined. He gave him a cheap shot during practice and it really messed up his shoulder. Sapp takes his starting spot. The rock went through through some form of depression because of it basically

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
buno67 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Spectre wrote:

I think everyone knows that. Warren Sapp was the reason the rocks playing career was ruined. He gave him a cheap shot during practice and it really messed up his shoulder. Sapp takes his starting spot. The rock went through through some form of depression because of it basically

Sucks, but in the end it all worked out... funny how that works for some people and not others....

but back on topic...

hopefully the Browns can use FA to plug the holes in the roster and then draft BPA with less regard to positioning. I would be perfectly happy with Star, Moore, or Milliner... at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Star is BPA, then yeah I don't see why we pass on him regardless of defensive formation. But man we desperately need a pass rusher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most, I hope we sign at least one 3-4 OLB before the draft so its not a " we have to get this guy" type of pick.

If Star is not selected before us then IMO he would be the BPA and I would love to have him, Winn will still play, having a solid rotation of guys to play up front is always a good thing, plus think of short yardage situations with : Jabaal-Star-Rubin-Taylor-Winn all down... ya I'll take that

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But really I doubt he makes it too us, if he gets past 3 I could see the eagles or lions trading back with someone...

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
boblight22

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
If Star is BPA, then yeah I don't see why we pass on him regardless of defensive formation. But man we desperately need a pass rusher

Could not have
Put it better.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Spectre wrote:

Or Von Miller over Marcell Dareus... Oh wait, it doesn't always work the same way ...
CleBrowns07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like our depth on the dline and lack of depth at LB makes it all the more likely we target an OLB with the 6th pick. Star will be an awesome player and I won't be mad at all if we picked him but I don't see how we pass up a Moore/Jordan type of talent for another lineman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: