Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Get Campbell, draft Geno Smith, keep Stanzi, seems obvious.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taylor916

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Get Campbell, draft Geno Smith, keep Stanzi, seems obvious. Reply with quote

Bring in Jason Campbell via free agency, a relatively talented veteran. Draft Geno Smith, a future franchise QB. Keep stanzi who is still coachable and has potential. Jason Campbell is a great mentor and teacher for two young quarterbacks. He is talented enough to start until Geno out playes him. Who ever does best can play but im sure that will be Geno. Seems obvious to me. I heard Dorsey is big on taking the best player available which is stupid. Id hate to think im smarter than the nfl best but it seems obvious that Geno is worth our number 1 as bad as we need a QB. Im sorry if this is already posted as I dont read but 30% of posts and im sure many have thought of this but it seems obvious.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, bring in Campbell. Twisted Evil

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Get Campbell, draft Geno Smith, keep Stanzi, seems obvio Reply with quote

Taylor916 wrote:
I heard Dorsey is big on taking the best player available which is stupid.

Our 2008 Draft class strongly disagrees with this.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Get Campbell, draft Geno Smith, keep Stanzi, seems obvio Reply with quote

Taylor916 wrote:

Green Bay disagrees as well.

Oh, and his paycheck ... hmm ... guess someone believes he's a really smart guy.

And where does your knowledge about Stanzi come from? Didn't see him play recently. Didn't even see him holding a clipboard.
valkrei

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Geno smith #1 and I want him to start. As long as we can provide good protection we need our #1 to start developing imediately. Maybe we will get lucky and this guy can do well like some QB's in the most recent draft have.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Get Campbell, draft Geno Smith, keep Stanzi, seems obvio Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Taylor916 wrote:

Our 2008 Draft class strongly disagrees with this.

Yep. I am fully on board the BPA stragegy. Especially in this draft class. Obviously we will get a stud at 1 overall, but I am stoked because there are going to be some VERY good players available at pick 34. We could be looking at players like Tavon Austin, Arthur Brown, or Ryan Nassib at the top of the 2nd. I would be thrilled to end up with either of those guys. And then at the top of the third we should be able to get another stud.
Taylor916

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Stanzi play at Iowa several times, I live in iowa city and before that lived in nebraska who is in the big ten with Iowa. Stanzi will never be great but could be functional which is much more than Cassel. We do not need the BPA. We already have a great team on the field who cannot win due to cassel mainly but also coaching and Pioli. This team is a superbowl contender right now with a good QB. Manning would have gone much further with us than the donks but who can blame the man for snubbing Pioli and company. Our second biggest need is cornerback after QB. Dorsey is obviously a fabulous scout but to not take the best QB available would be a critical mistake. More enormous talent on top of great talent will not help with another 2nd rate QB. And raiders dude? Whats wrong with cambpell? You did much better with him than worn out old Palmer, you should have kept him.
Victor1124

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody always says BPA but every single team drafts within their needs.Green Bay always drafts for their needs but for some reason has this BPA mystic about them.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor1124 wrote:
Everybody always says BPA but every single team drafts within their needs.Green Bay always drafts for their needs but for some reason has this BPA mystic about them.

Green Bay is the one team that actually lives it. They drafted Rodgers in the first round and sat him on the bench for 3 years because they had Brett. That is BPA. They drafted Randall Cobb early when they had Jennings, driver, Nelson, and James Jones. That is BPA.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor1124 wrote:

You have the luxury of taking straight BPA more often when your team is good enough to generally be drafting in the bottom third of rounds.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith has an 80 to 90% chance of being a good starter to where these others are more like 50%. Tyler wilson and the kid from usc maybe decent starters but are injury prone. Smith has a good shot at starting sometime next year. If stanzi does not stay im cool with drafting two quarterbacks. All the talent in the world is pointless if we dont have a good qb. Jamaal charles cant win by himself and recievers need a qb.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Victor1124 wrote:

You have the luxury of taking straight BPA more often when your team is good enough to generally be drafting in the bottom third of rounds.

An argument can be made that the reason your team is that good in the first place is because they drafted BPA to get that good.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every team keeps needs in mind, especially when they're drafting high and actually have glaring needs. The good teams don't draft pure BPA, they just don't take complete reaches as often.

When the Packers picked up Rodgers, Favre was already 35 years old and had already begun waffling on retirement. QB WAS a need when they picked Rodgers, and likely would have started earlier had he not been kinda raw mechanically coming out considering how Favre played in 05-06.

Pure BPA is a myth, teams ALWAYS keep their needs in mind. Just that when your team at the moment is good enough to be picking low in the round, those needs don't always mean you need a day 1 starter at a position.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you 110% bobikus. Often just having a good qb gives you more freedom to draft BPA. I admit our 2008 draft is a big reason we have a lot of talent. Taking Eric Berry worked out fabulous as did Flowers. Drafting DL players 1st round has been a bust twice and is old. Drafting BPA has worked out very well a couple times recently and a couple times not like Glen Dorsey and that other DE. Fact is we need a QB so bad that we cannot skio on a franchise QB just because we pick 1st and the experts say Geno is worth a 15th pick. Sometimes you have to reach. If we dont, I promise you Jacksonville will and we will suck again with more studs on the team.
Rumless

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is such a myth that Geno is head and shoulders above these other QBs.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: