Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LEO position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jags wrote:
This has just made my man crush on Dion Jordan grow even more.

Why? Nothing has changed about jordan as a prospect

Better fit for us now.

I guess, but I feel like if I have a man crush on the prospect the only thing that can change that is the prospect

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jags wrote:

Better fit for us now.

Absolutely. Now with the proper coaching he could be a force.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jags wrote:

Better fit for us now.

Wasnt he always considered that?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezekial Ansah BYU.
Jags

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jags wrote:

Better fit for us now.

Yes true, but he was not always considered a good fit for the Jaguars, but now things are different.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jags wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Jags wrote:

Better fit for us now.

Yes true, but he was not always considered a good fit for the Jaguars, but now things are different.

I always thought he'd be a great fit, one of the few things corry and i agree on Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about this has me wondering a bit if John Chick might be worth bringing back after all. Obviously he'd be a bit down the depth chart, but it would be nice to have depth at such a crucial spot if this is what we're running...and as a spare part, this LEO business looks like a pretty darn good fit for Chick...at a very low price.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Thinking about this has me wondering a bit if John Chick might be worth bringing back after all. Obviously he'd be a bit down the depth chart, but it would be nice to have depth at such a crucial spot if this is what we're running...and as a spare part, this LEO business looks like a pretty darn good fit for Chick...at a very low price.

Well right now we already have two LEO options and likely will add another one in the draft.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Well right now we already have two LEO options and likely will add another one in the draft.

Branch and...Babin?

Branch wasn't exactly a dynamic force this year. Definitely worth keeping around to develop. But he's more of a #2 option no?

So then we add a guy in the draft...and still pay Babin that much money to be just...in the rotation?

Will Caldwell really do that?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Branch and...Babin?

Branch wasn't exactly a dynamic force this year. Definitely worth keeping around to develop. But he's more of a #2 option no?

So then we add a guy in the draft...and still pay Babin that much money to be just...in the rotation?

Most pass rushers don't do a ton their first year or if they do, they don't do a ton immediately. Branch will be in the plans for the immediate future and he'll likely fit into the LEO role. Babin, if kept, probably stays as starter in the LEO role (ie main focus in that formation, but in others we'd probably see Mincey in that DE spot). I think we take a promising young pass rusher (likely one that fits the LEO mold) and have Babin as the incumbent and Branch/new LEO as developmental rotational guys.

John Chick could be an option (as could an underdog like Ryan Davis, honestly) but I wouldn't really hold my breath since he's still relatively oldish and is still coming off an injury.

I could see Babin cut after 2013, but I'm not as sold on the notion that he will be cut before 2013 to be honest. Perhaps he is, but I'll wait and see how things develop. If we cut him I think we're saying that we are fine with the prospect of having Lane and Mincey and a developing pair in Branch and whoever we bring in (along with anyone we bring back which could be Chick, could be George Selvie, etc.) and as well we have to remember that we could see some position changes, but I'll wait on that too as I just want to see how that goes rather than speculate because then I enter what I call "endless speculation" where I just ramble on even moreso than I already am Laughing

Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Branch and...Babin?

Most pass rushers don't do a ton their first year or if they do, they don't do a ton immediately. Branch will be in the plans for the immediate future and he'll likely fit into the LEO role. Babin, if kept, probably stays as starter in the LEO role (ie main focus in that formation, but in others we'd probably see Mincey in that DE spot). I think we take a promising young pass rusher (likely one that fits the LEO mold) and have Babin as the incumbent and Branch/new LEO as developmental rotational guys.

John Chick could be an option (as could an underdog like Ryan Davis, honestly) but I wouldn't really hold my breath since he's still relatively oldish and is still coming off an injury.

I could see Babin cut after 2013, but I'm not as sold on the notion that he will be cut before 2013 to be honest. Perhaps he is, but I'll wait and see how things develop. If we cut him I think we're saying that we are fine with the prospect of having Lane and Mincey and a developing pair in Branch and whoever we bring in (along with anyone we bring back which could be Chick, could be George Selvie, etc.) and as well we have to remember that we could see some position changes, but I'll wait on that too as I just want to see how that goes rather than speculate because then I enter what I call "endless speculation" where I just ramble on even moreso than I already am Laughing

That makes sense. If Babin does end up the starter in that role.

But the point re: development for Branch is what makes me skeptical. Obviously he's the guy Caldwell and Gus will want developing for that role in all likelihood...along with someone from the draft i'd imagine. There are only so many snaps to go around there. Which means we'd likely be paying Babin quite a bit to sit on the sidelines at least a fair bit of the time.

Obviously Gene was willing to let it ride with Babin for a while...but was that a bit of a last-ditch desperation move? Or will we see Caldwell actually willing to pay Babin the $$$ to play in a rotation there? Potentially only playing ~1/3 of the game snaps?

I can see it both ways i guess. Babin > Chick by a good margin as a potential fit there. Obviously a different calibre of players. But the salary is also a pretty good margin. And Chick is still younger than Babin, though not by any significant gap. Neither guy is a part of the future. Just depends how Caldwell+Gus figure the depth chart will shuffle out i guess. And how much stock they put in true 'win now' mode.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His cap hit for 2013 is 4,325,000. That's not too bad. It really depends on our cap situation and exactly how Caldwell and Bradley want to approach the beginning of this process.

Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very manageable. Actually more so than i thought. But it's still a big chunk of change if he's not the #1 go-to guy.

I guess it just comes down to development vs production now, for the most part. And where they rate Babin's ability in that role vs Branch and the other potential candidates. If he's going to be head and shoulders above Branch/Draft guy it makes sense. But that's a real wildcard. I'm not sure what to make of what Gus did in Seattle when it comes to vets vs. youngsters either.

On the one hand, he definitely worked some vets in to great success, particularly up front it seems. But there's also Irwin who can't be ignored there as a rookie. And the secondary is littered with relatively young and inexperienced players.

So it does still look like he could go either way to me. Babin as the vet with Branch or a Draftee as the 'Irwin'? Seems as though that would hint at a lot of confidence in Branch being the guy. Hard to see Caldwell being keen on a recent 2nd rounder and probably another fairly high pick both sitting behind a Vet like Babin who isn't a long-term solution.

Alternatively, it doesn't seem extremely far-fetched to me that Gus and Caldwell in building a franchise for the future, would be keen to work with a a pair of youngsters in Branch + a Draftee there. With a Vet filling out the depth chart as a bit of a safety net.

Will be really interesting to see how this all plays out either way. Camp will be fun this year. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im with jags, jarvis jones at 2 if healthy, if not, dion jordan.

He shows a lot more explosiveness on tape than moore does
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FREDDY T wrote:
im with jags, jarvis jones at 2 if healthy, if not, dion jordan.

He shows a lot more explosiveness on tape than moore does

Take a look at Barkevious Mingo, start with the Bowl game against Clemson...where he lines up, how he stunts, how he shoots off the line, it is everything you want.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: