Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why not Foles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

To Foles other not to Foles
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
No
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 9

chiefs82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Why not Foles? Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1/19/3893112/nick-foles-to-the-chiefs-rumors

Just a thought and keeping an open mind about QBs. Big arm, much like Glennon and Wilson. Kind of a statue at times. Worked with Reid before. Still young. My question is, if he was available for trade, do you pull the trigger?

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
Buckweath

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be our backup??
starbarkc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the price and the role we envision for him. I wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd, which is where he was drafted, but a second would have to be conditional and next year for me to be happy. We need to protect those early picks this year for quality depth purposes and holes on oline, lb, s, and possibly wr that would be more immediate than qb IMO.

Also, this could depend on where we see the 1st pick taking us. Call me crazy, but I am not opposed to pulling a Shanny and drafting a qb at 1.1 and drafting another later. That would leave us inexperienced at the position assuming we keep Stanzi and drop the two proven bums. Bringing in Foles as quality competition only helps us in that respect because of his experience under Reid.

I think Philly only shops him if they strongly believe he won't fit the system. Kelly was talking him up, but that could only be a screen to sell his product at a higher price. They will be lucky to get a 2nd, but there are teams who might be willing to pay that.

Given the argument of this article, which is really all I know about the kid, I wouldn't mind bringing him in, BUT we should have a contingency.
2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #87 Travis Kelce, TE
Rec:0/Yards:0/TD's:0/Avg per:0
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't take a QB at 1, then we are going to have to trade for one. There are no free agent quarterbacks who are any good. the 4 options for trade appear to be Foles, Flynn, Alex Smith, and Vick. I would bet one of those guys will be in KC next year, along with Ryan Nassib or Matt Barkley.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, I have seen a lot of Foles, actually every game he played this year, and I am pretty impressed with what he was able to do in a short period of time. Not too mention his offensive line was in shambles!

BUT! I still want our OWN guy. A Dorsey + Reid + everyone else guy. Not Reid in Philly's guy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure for a 3rd and a 5th. Anything more then no. This franchise needs to DRAFT a guy for the future. We need to break the trend of drafting low round projects that don't pan out or trading for guys.

Edit: This is the year to draft a QB for us. Who knows when we are going to be this high and who knows if next years turns out to be "bad" again.
Ring of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Philly won't trade him.

`

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: