Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Signed Three New Coaches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekfelty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Titans Signed Three New Coaches Reply with quote

Shawn Jefferson as Wide Receivers coach.

Jefferson spent eight seasons with the Detroit Lions and the last five as the Wide Receivers coach. In his five years with Calvin Johnson, no player in the NFL had more receiving yards (7,080) or receiving touchdowns (50) than Johnson. Last season, Johnson set the NFL mark for receiving yards in a season with 1,964 and earned his third Pro Bowl selection. A 13-year NFL veteran, Jefferson played for four teams (San Diego, New England, Atlanta, Detroit), totaled 7,023 receiving yards and played in two Super Bowls. Jefferson was originally a ninth-round selection of the Houston Oilers in 1991.

George Henshaw as Tight Ends coach.

Henshaw returns to the Titans coaching staff where he spent nine seasons working with the tight ends from 1997-2005. During his tenure with the team, the tight ends caught 845 passes, the most in the NFL during that span. He also guided TE Frank Wycheck to three Pro Bowl selections and Wycheck led the team in receptions during five separate seasons. Henshaw has a long and successful resume with NFL stops at Denver (1988-92), the New York Giants (1993-96) and New Orleans Saints (2006-07). As an NFL coach he has been an offensive coordinator (Denver and New York Giants) and been a position coach for wide receivers (Denver), tight ends (Tennessee), running backs (New Orleans) and offensive line (Denver).

Sylvester Croom as Running Backs coach.

Croom has 21 years of NFL coaching experience, including one year with the Jacksonville Jaguars as the running back coach last year. Prior to his time in Jacksonville, he spent three seasons (2009-11) with the St. Louis Rams and guided RB Steven Jackson to 3,802 rushing yards and two Pro Bowl selections during their three years together. Croom was the head coach at Mississippi State from 2004-2008 and the offensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions from 1997-2000.

While guiding the Lions offense, RB Barry Sanders posted 2,053 rushing yards in 1997. He also had stints as the running back coach at Green Bay (2001-03), San Diego (1992-96), Indianapolis (1991) and Tampa Bay (1987-90). A native of Tuscaloosa, Ala., Croom was an offensive lineman at the University of Alabama and played one season for the New Orleans Saints.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Titans-Announce-Changes-to-Coaching-Staff/662c2650-e3e4-4b1b-b8c2-2d4e25d2358c
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot of people were and still are upset about some of the coaching changes Munchak's made right after the season. Some say that he's just hiring his old buddies, and these moves make no sense. Although I was scratching my head about a couple of changes, I'm always in the "wait and see" mode. I was trying to do some research on the names I wasn't familiar with, but then I ran across the links to Mike's press conferences. Only time will tell how things will work out, but based on what I heard in the conference, I have to give Munch a lot of credit. I liked a lot of what was said by him and his new staff members.

What I really liked about it was Munchak explained precisely why he made the moves that he did, and how he came to his selections. What I took from it was he didn't like what he was seeing for the last 2 seasons, and he didn't wait around to make the changes he wanted. He had the opportunity to assemble the staff he wanted, with a better working chemistry, more passion and innovation, and better focus on fundamentals. They also want to instill toughness on both sides of the ball. He makes it clear that his plans are focused on helping both Locker and CJ maximize their skills, and he's building the staff and offensive gameplan to do it. I was pleased with the TE coaching move and their plans for Cook and Stevens. This is the guy that helped Wycheck and other TEs during the Steve McNair days. He can help elevate Cook, Stevens and Thompson to beast-mode with his coaching. Munch also shed some light on the LB coach, and he plans to instill some toughness in our young LBs. Can't argue with that. Check the link and make your own assessments. A couple of them are a little lengthy, so listen to them when you definitely have some time on your hands.

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Titans-Introduce-New-Offensive-Coaches/4048d65b-f15c-45dc-809f-ca5580788f5b

I love Shawn Jefferson's approach and what he intends to do with the receivers the offseason. It's almost like he pulled most of his thoughts right out of my head. Check the link...

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Meet-Titans-Wide-Receivers-Coach-Shawn-Jefferson/1f27bc0d-f4d2-4c32-af43-c5a8de865f88

And this should answer any and all questions about Gregg Williams and Jerry Gray working together. Hopefully, they can recapture some of their old magic...HOPEFULLY.

http://www.titansonline.com/media-center/videos/Titans_Introduce_New_Defensive_Coaches/ffba9391-9bff-4173-bb47-b4dc3875fbd8

TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to watch the videos and picked up on a few things.

1. Loggains especially talked as if Cook would be around.
2. McCarthy as well. Some have suggested he could be replaced. Don't see it happening.
3. Munch looked pissed when talking about Britt at the end.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:

2. McCarthy as well. Some have suggested he could be replaced. Don't see it happening.

Finally, someone else knows that. McCarthy is not being replaced. The depth behind him needs to be replaced.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

Finally, someone else knows that. McCarthy is not being replaced. The depth behind him needs to be replaced.

If they do not have a plan in place to add a quality MLB in free agency or the draft to push or even replace McCarthy they are crazy. McCarthy has not played a full season since high school I would imagine? I know he was hurt almost every year at the U. IMO he is not the LB that some on this forum make him out to be, he has leadership qualities but his body has let him down time and time again.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

If they do not have a plan in place to add a quality MLB in free agency or the draft to push or even replace McCarthy they are crazy. McCarthy has not played a full season since high school I would imagine? I know he was hurt almost every year at the U. IMO he is not the LB that some on this forum make him out to be, he has leadership qualities but his body has let him down time and time again.

We definitely need better depth behind him, but I don't see the Titans looking for a starter.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
lamont wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

We definitely need better depth behind him, but I don't see the Titans looking for a starter.

I think we need a player that can be a starter. I think it's being misunderstood how I feel about McCarthy. I don't think he is going to be replaced.

I'd replace him with someone more trustworthy. His body can't hold up. Yes he is a great player to have on the team and is awesome football IQ. but you can't trust him. You just can't trust him to finish a season.

I think they will get a quality backup, but I personally I'd think of replacing him.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:
lamont wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

I think we need a player that can be a starter. I think it's being misunderstood how I feel about McCarthy. I don't think he is going to be replaced.

I'd replace him with someone more trustworthy. His body can't hold up. Yes he is a great player to have on the team and is awesome football IQ. but you can't trust him. You just can't trust him to finish a season.

I think they will get a quality backup, but I personally I'd think of replacing him.

I'm still for drafting another MLB to challenge McCarthy (mainly for his injury issues). But for the record, I liked what I saw from Zac Diles in the limited time he played before his injury. I don't think we should be so quick to cut him because he brought grit and intensity just as good as McCarthy. He's good veteran depth at the very least.

EDIT:

Here's a little more insight on our new LB coach. He should have an interesting impact on our young corps.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Chet-Parlavecchio-has-Passion-for-Developing-Linebackers/0fe1152c-b7a9-467c-8d48-c4fd3d4bc1ce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: