Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Brisel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
La_Vader

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Mike Brisel Reply with quote

Can the smallish g play in a power scheme. I know he player hurt buy can he thrive in this system

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Mike Brisel Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
Can the smallish g play in a power scheme. I know he player hurt buy can he thrive in this system

Not looking too good for Mike here unless they decide they'd rather pay him to play in a system he isn't really suited for than pay him for nothing.

Also, spell check man. Or just quickly glance at the text before submitting. I'm not usually a stickler for this kind of thing but that sentence is an abomination.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting an injury release during TC. If Brisiel is fully healthy and makes the team he'll be Carlisle 2.0 for the duration of his stay in Oakland, a constant irritant holdover from an abandon system. Again, it has statistically been proven you don't need great OG play to win games if you have bookend OTs, if you have great OGs sans OTs then u still gots nothing. OTs > OG x 50.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Mike Brisel Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:

He is 6-5, 310. That is taller and bigger than Wiz (6-3, 307). Its all about technique. Is he strong enough and can he pick up the technique after spending so much time in the ZBS. With Brisiel its not so much about size though.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was hurt for 2 1/2 years out of 3.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he's our most expensive OLineman and he has played in a ZBS his whole career. He's also a bit injury prone. He came with Knapp and Pollack who are now gone. There are many reasons to get rid of him now.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Mike Brisel Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
La_Vader wrote:

Not looking too good for Mike here unless they decide they'd rather pay him to play in a system he isn't really suited for than pay him for nothing.

Also, spell check man. Or just quickly glance at the text before submitting. I'm not usually a stickler for this kind of thing but that sentence is an abomination.
lol
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Well, he's our most expensive OLineman and he has played in a ZBS his whole career. He's also a bit injury prone. He came with Knapp and Pollack who are now gone. There are many reasons to get rid of him now.

Good post and agreed. Good bye.

PM sig requests.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may be a casualty of what the OC and new OL coach want in their guys. The real issue is what to do with him and his cap acceleration. We can't really depend on him being traded for anything of substance. That would be a gift if it happens.

holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
He may be a casualty of what the OC and new OL coach want in their guys. The real issue is what to do with him and his cap acceleration. We can't really depend on him being traded for anything of substance. That would be a gift if it happens.

No trade, I don't even know that he's gone but like you said it depends to some degree on cap stuff.
I think if someone else is just a better player (Nix, Bergstrom, or draft addition) noone will be there to make a stink about keeping him around. I think in many ways, personnel decisions rule the roost. I.E. talent wins out. If someone is markedly better, Brisiel will get the ax one way or another.
101Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

His contract gave a lot of people pause when it was announced. 20 million for 5? I know I wasn't as pleased as a few. However, looking at the way it structured was pretty ingenious. He cost us very little year 1 and we are able to cut him this year for some cap relief.

If this is accurate, his base this year is 4.35 million. He signed a 3.5 mil signing bonus averaging 680,000 a year. Accelerated bonus is 2.72 mil.

Meaning if we cut him we save 1.63 mil. In hindsight not the best player hire, but pretty good contract structuring in my mind. I say nice job Reggie.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/mike-brisiel/
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job indeed to be able to actually save money by getting rid of a guy. And he was a pretty good signing for the scheme they wanted to use seeing as knapp came from houston and brought him here. The scheme just didn't fit here and he was hurt for most of the season. If we go with an OG in the draft and he isn't in the top three at the position (on either side) then he has to go and that money can be used to sign draft picks and UDFA's. And it wouldn't be a big loss if he were outplayed by the younger ballplayers.

If we were able to land Barrett Jones it would give us so much versatility with whatever combination they wanted to use at OC and OG with he and Wiz. It is pretty exciting to think about all the possibilities.

Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a feelin he'll come good this year
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
i got a feelin he'll come good this year

gotta feeling he's gone.. not worth the money, doesn't fit the scheme.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try and forget last year, whole offense was a mess, take your mind back a year, the lad had talent at ZBS but is big enough to potentially play the PBS/ZBS hybrid that we are apparently set to play....under an imporved OL I feel he will be more than serviceable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: