Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Olson help?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Greg Olson help? Reply with quote

Hey guys, theres a report about the Raiders hiring Greg Olson, who apparently was your old OC. Can anyone tell me about him? Style of offence? Run vs Pass? ZBS or PBS? Thanks in advance.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
BBando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is awful. I am sorry Raider fans. Seriously he is awful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:

Heres to Lovie Smith next offseason after Allen is fired!

BBando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
BBando wrote:

If you like 3 and outs you will love Olsen!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nvm.

Last edited by BBando on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
RaidersAreOne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
BBando wrote:

If you like 3 and outs you will love Olsen!

I have become used to them with Greg Knapp as our previous OC. :-&

RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep in mind that Olson was the OC under Raheem Morris, and when he was fired, the entire coaching staff was fired as well (right after our 4 - 12 season a year ago). Be prepared for a lot of run up the middle, run up the middle, desperation pass, punt. Sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets give some credit. Olson did a fantastic job in 2010 and to be fair he didt have the talent at the skill positions our current staff has to work with.

2011 was horrible for everyone. You can say 3 and outs were very common and it's true. But we still fail to sustain drives and convert on 3rd downs under sully.

I'm not saying he's a great or good coordinator but 2012 got everyone canned. Who knows maybe freeman was the problem. As you can see he still leads a lot of 3 and outs.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of Olson' principles are based off of West Coast principles. The Bucs weren't as much of a vertical passing game as they are now. Also, K2 was on the roster and pretty much the first or second option in the passing game. If you like gaget plays, Olson was not terribly creative. Hopefully he will tear out the WR end around play out of his playbook. Very Happy

As for the running game, they were pretty much both power and zone blocking. I wouldn't say they favored a scheme either way. If anything, I thought Olson would abandon the run far too early in games. Granted, in his last year the defense was abysmal.

To quantify an Olson offense is one which is ball control methodically going down the field. I wouldn't characterize his offense in Tampa as a large chunk yardage. There were explosive plays, but generally the offense when it was clicking was a sustained running and passing drives which would consume a lot of time off of the clock. Again, he is pretty much West Coast offense.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lets give some credit. Olson did a fantastic job in 2010 and to be fair he didt have the talent at the skill positions our current staff has to work with.

2011 was horrible for everyone. You can say 3 and outs were very common and it's true. But we still fail to sustain drives and convert on 3rd downs under sully.

I'm not saying he's a great or good coordinator but 2012 got everyone canned. Who knows maybe freeman was the problem. As you can see he still leads a lot of 3 and outs.

Or maybe the year Freeman had the year before got him extended? ALL of the players who had big years before had a bad 2011, he holds weight in that. His predictability, lack of creativity, poor playcalling, and lack of ability to adjust was on him. Now is he the complete blame on guys like Freeman and Willliams 2011 season? No, but lets not like he was a good OC here in Tampa..... Because he was not.

Best of luck to you Raider fans, maybe it will work out better there.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck Raiders. Prepare to pull your hair out as drag routes the main call on 3rd and long....ugh

Here's to Lovie Smith for you guys next year. Lovie would be great in the AFC West

#TradeUpForTeddy
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sounds like a pretty horrible OC, no surprise.
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Or maybe the year Freeman had the year before got him extended? ALL of the players who had big years before had a bad 2011, he holds weight in that. His predictability, lack of creativity, poor playcalling, and lack of ability to adjust was on him. Now is he the complete blame on guys like Freeman and Willliams 2011 season? No, but lets not like he was a good OC here in Tampa..... Because he was not.

REBIRTH TO THE BENN'D AROUND

This time:

HAYWARD-BEY AROUND
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

This time:

HAYWARD-BEY AROUND

might work better with the speed. It'll get 3 yards instead of negative 3

#TradeUpForTeddy
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

This time:

HAYWARD-BEY AROUND

Laughing just a classic part of Olsen's offense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: