Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders hire Greg Olson to be OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:
I would hate for us to start Palmer, win 7 games and miss on a guy like Tedy Bridgewater.
Don't worry, if we start Palmer there is no way we will ever win seven games , book it. Pryor is the best qb on the team currently and if the coaches run Palmer back out there it just further proof of there ability or lack there of.

I will make a prediction, Pryor will outplay Palmer in the preseason games(just like last year) but Palmers contract won't allow for him to sit on the bench. We will lose 4 out of 6 games(which i won't be watching live if Palmer is starting) to start the season and DA will have a clear choice to make, start Pryor and become competitive or have MD through RM fire him at the end of the year. At this point we will see what kind of coach we have, a stubborn old school type or a forward thinking Harbaugh type.

HAHAHAHA I usually ignore the tripe that comes from your keyboard but Pryor was god awful 90% of the time last preseason against third stringers and people who didn't even make teams LOL You are a piece of work.

I hope you're not watching games then I hope you change favorite teams so you don't subject us to any more of this crap.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
If the Raiders passed on Clowney for any reason I would seriously lose it worst than passing on CJ for Russell. I just don't know how I would react. I didn't watch any serious football for a year after the 2007 debacle.

Normally I would agree w/ this but w/ the amount of work this team needs, I'll take 2 first round picks over the next 3 years instead of Clowney.

EDIT: And yes, I do honestly feel someone will want him that badly.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeyonder wrote:
When does Johnny Manziel come out? Next year? Why aren't we talking about Bridgewater and not him? There's also Mariota..

Anyway the smart thing to do is play Pryor and do whatever with Palmer.

Manzel is so much fun to watch, I am agreeing w/ that but I'd worry about his size in the NFL. Plus I want him to stay all four years so we actually get to watch him play and succeed.

PM sig requests.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Manziel is going to destroy the NFL.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:
I would hate for us to start Palmer, win 7 games and miss on a guy like Tedy Bridgewater.
Don't worry, if we start Palmer there is no way we will ever win seven games , book it. Pryor is the best qb on the team currently and if the coaches run Palmer back out there it just further proof of there ability or lack there of.

I will make a prediction, Pryor will outplay Palmer in the preseason games(just like last year) but Palmers contract won't allow for him to sit on the bench. We will lose 4 out of 6 games(which i won't be watching live if Palmer is starting) to start the season and DA will have a clear choice to make, start Pryor and become competitive or have MD through RM fire him at the end of the year. At this point we will see what kind of coach we have, a stubborn old school type or a forward thinking Harbaugh type.

HAHAHAHA I usually ignore the tripe that comes from your keyboard but Pryor was god awful 90% of the time last preseason against third stringers and people who didn't even make teams LOL You are a piece of work.

I hope you're not watching games then I hope you change favorite teams so you don't subject us to any more of this crap.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1311449-lions-vs-raiders-terrelle-pryor-powers-raiders-to-31-20-victory

Pretty sure he was referencing this particular game. It was only 3 completed passes but what he did that game was just insane. Probably my favorite game from all of last season.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1311449-lions-vs-raiders-terrelle-pryor-powers-raiders-to-31-20-victory

Pretty sure he was referencing this particular game. It was only 3 completed passes but what he did that game was just insane. Probably my favorite game from all of last season.
This is excactly why Knapp got fired because of his inability to get Pryor on the field even Pryor haters should be able to realize we should have atleast brought Pryor in on some redzone situations.

Last edited by raidr4life on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tacos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I liked that game, the Lions don't have a good secondary as it is and Pryor was playing against backups wasn't he?

You'd have to think average corners, with tape on TP, will know to turn their head and fight for those rainbows.

I like TP, have no faith in him beating out CP in any facet besides scrambling capability. We're apparently going into a play action focused passing attack however, so having a QB that can run would benefit that. I think CP's knowledge of the game far outweighs the scrambling ability of Pryor though.

I don't like backing CP but I can't see him losing out to Pryor and if he does we better shop him.

Also want to say I'd take Teddy and Mariota over Johnny football at this point but I'm going to love watching these guys progress.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bone_Collector wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
If the Raiders passed on Clowney for any reason I would seriously lose it worst than passing on CJ for Russell. I just don't know how I would react. I didn't watch any serious football for a year after the 2007 debacle.

What if it's for a franchise QB?

Clowney is going to a transcendent prospect at DE with extraordinary size/speed ratio reminiscent of Julius Peppers. Clowney IS that once in a decade prospect that will be the cornerstone of a defense for 10 years.

Unless of QB comes along with similar rare and unusual measurements (read: Cam Newton) with proven production I couldn't pass on Clowney. Similar to the Luck sweepstakes someone will tank to take a shot at him.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeyonder wrote:
When does Johnny Manziel come out? Next year? Why aren't we talking about Bridgewater and not him? There's also Mariota..

Anyway the smart thing to do is play Pryor and do whatever with Palmer.

This is beyond unfunny. Injuries will eventually force all these small guys to produce in the pocket

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

I wish I had a sig quote big enough . . . . .

I'm all for starting Pryor to join the "Clown Parade". I don't see the Raiders winning many games regardless of who starts so it's all about how competitive you want to look in losses and how one evaluates competitive (some hate Palmer's garbage time stats but love Pryor's). Although it does seem conspicuous to add Sparano as asst. HC. I could easily see DA getting fired during the season and Olsen losing play calling duties to Saprano who starts Pryor and deploys the wildcat.

I REALLY am intrigued by the staff and would hate to lose them in a lost season. /sigh

Bonez wrote:
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

I hope Pryor does beat Palmer out in preseason but what happens if Palmer shreads someones 3rd stringers?

Bonez wrote:
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

I hope Pryor does beat Palmer out in preseason but what happens if Palmer shreads someones 3rd stringers?

It'll be considered garbage time. Clown question bro.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

I wish I had a sig quote big enough . . . . .

I'm all for starting Pryor to join the "Clown Parade". I don't see the Raiders winning many games regardless of who starts so it's all about how competitive you want to look in losses and how one evaluates competitive (some hate Palmer's garbage time stats but love Pryor's). Although it does seem conspicuous to add Sparano as asst. HC. I could easily see DA getting fired during the season and Olsen losing play calling duties to Saprano who starts Pryor and deploys the wildcat.

I REALLY am intrigued by the staff and would hate to lose them in a lost season. /sigh
Jeez man, is Al Davis living in your head? Da getting fired in the middle of his 2nd season is insane. Adding a former head coach to help DA doesnt make him the coach in waiting.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Normally I would agree w/ this but w/ the amount of work this team needs, I'll take 2 first round picks over the next 3 years instead of Clowney.

EDIT: And yes, I do honestly feel someone will want him that badly.

Dude . . . . Clowney will be the Andrew Luck of defense in 2014.

With so many teams converting to the 34 the value will no longer there. Provided he's relatively injury free Clowney will be an absolute terror from the edge and make the entire DL more effective both in run defense and especially the pass.

Don't be stupid and draft David Carr over Julius Peppers.

Bonez wrote:
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

It'll be considered garbage time. Clown question bro.

hahaha. dat's my dude. . . exactly

Bonez wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: