Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders hire Greg Olson to be OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate for us to start Palmer, win 7 games and miss on a guy like Tedy Bridgewater.

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Raiders/Warriors/A's
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering what you guys think about this scenario. What if we go with Pryor and he fails, which I believe he will, and we end up with the first pick in next year's draft. Do we draft a potential franchise QB or everyone's consensus number one pick next year in Clowney?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo_This_Man wrote:
I would hate for us to start Palmer, win 7 games and miss on a guy like Tedy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater still has another year to go. You might be eating those words wishing for him right now. Just sayin.... Another QB could emerge as the best also. If you don't believe, go look at Barkley around this time last season.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Wondering what you guys think about this scenario. What if we go with Pryor and he fails, which I believe he will, and we end up with the first pick in next year's draft. Do we draft a potential franchise QB or everyone's consensus number one pick next year in Clowney?

That would be the ultimate dilemma. Honestly, if I were in that situation, I'd rob someone blind for that top pick b/c someone will want one them BADLY ala the Rams and Redskins.

PM sig requests.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:

At this point I'd take him over anyone. He seems like a surefire beast at DE. Pair him with a pick this year in Jarvis or Star and we are looking at the making of an elite defense.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-offseason-tps-report-oakland-raiders-014656401--nfl.html
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Raiders passed on Clowney for any reason I would seriously lose it worst than passing on CJ for Russell. I just don't know how I would react. I didn't watch any serious football for a year after the 2007 debacle.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
I feel like I can say with relative certainty that Pryor is not the answer. There is nothing about his game that leads me to believe he's a QB that can lead the Raiders to the playoffs and beyond.

So for me, there is no 'let's see if Pryor is the answer'. He's not and the next great QB of the Raiders isn't on this roster. Sooner that is acknowledged, sooner a solution can hopefully be obtained.

I don't think he's the answer either. But I give him a 10% chance. For me, its more of a 'Carson Palmer's contract' kind of thing than a 'OMGz TPeezy = GOAT' kind of thing. I hope to hell Palmer takes a massive pay cut or restructures his deal in such a way that we can move on from him easily after the 2013 season.

A restructure only makes it more costly cap wise to get rid of a player in the future.

Last edited by oakdb36 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

Bridgewater still has another year to go. You might be eating those words wishing for him right now. Just sayin.... Another QB could emerge as the best also. If you don't believe, go look at Barkley around this time last season.

Or Jake Locker and Matt Leinart. They were projected #1 picks. Heck, even Brian Brohm and Cody Pickett were supposed to be some of the top QBs before their Senior year, and they were drafted in the 2nd and 7th rounds when all was said and done. It is way too early to be deeming anyone the top QB for the 2014 draft.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
If the Raiders passed on Clowney for any reason I would seriously lose it worst than passing on CJ for Russell. I just don't know how I would react. I didn't watch any serious football for a year after the 2007 debacle.

What if it's for a franchise QB?

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!

On the Panthers signing Roman Harper:
Harper41 wrote:
I feel like I just walked in on my brother and my wife.

Laughing
Chali21

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

Or Jake Locker and Matt Leinart. They were projected #1 picks. Heck, even Brian Brohm and Cody Pickett were supposed to be some of the top QBs before their Senior year, and they were drafted in the 2nd and 7th rounds when all was said and done. It is way too early to be deeming anyone the top QB for the 2014 draft.

This.

It is way too early to project who the best is. Every year there are risers and fallers, heck before 2011 season no one even knew who RG3 was.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo_This_Man wrote:
Don't worry, if we start Palmer there is no way we will ever win seven games , book it. Pryor is the best qb on the team currently and if the coaches run Palmer back out there it just further proof of there ability or lack there of.

I will make a prediction, Pryor will outplay Palmer in the preseason games(just like last year) but Palmers contract won't allow for him to sit on the bench. We will lose 4 out of 6 games(which i won't be watching live if Palmer is starting) to start the season and DA will have a clear choice to make, start Pryor and become competitive or have MD through RM fire him at the end of the year. At this point we will see what kind of coach we have, a stubborn old school type or a forward thinking Harbaugh type.
thebeyonder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When does Johnny Manziel come out? Next year? Why aren't we talking about Bridgewater and not him? There's also Mariota..

Anyway the smart thing to do is play Pryor and do whatever with Palmer.
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Boo_This_Man wrote:

I am in full understanding about how things like this work, thats why I said Like Teddy Bridgewater just to give an example of a prospect. So I am not wishing for anyone but a franchise player and hopefully that franchise player comes in the form of a QB

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebeyonder wrote:
When does Johnny Manziel come out? Next year? Why aren't we talking about Bridgewater and not him? There's also Mariota..

Anyway the smart thing to do is play Pryor and do whatever with Palmer.

Bridgewater was simply an example. I for one am a big Teddy Bridgewater fan but that does not mean if Johhny came out as the better prospect (which I don't believe will happen) then of course he should be considered.

Johnny is a red shirt freshman and Texas A&M believe that he will probably leave if he has another good season next year and Tedy is a sophomore so he can leave or stay after next season. Both may come out or neither may come out. Either way there is a sure fire number 1 pick and Clowney so even if we get the 2nd or 3rd pick, we will still have a shot at a great player imo.

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Raiders/Warriors/A's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: