Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders hire Greg Olson to be OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly if Olsen gets us running the ball to a top 10 level again he is already streets ahead of Knapp. Run the ball, revamp/rebuild the D and have an elite and/or clutch QB. Thats how you make/win Superbowl's.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Honestly if Olsen gets us running the ball to a top 10 level again he is already streets ahead of Knapp. Run the ball, revamp/rebuild the D and have an elite and/or clutch QB. Thats how you make/win Superbowl's.

From what I've heard he is not a run heavy OC. However, a return to the PBS, better playcalling, and a better fit for Palmer will result in a better run game, even if we aren't run heavy.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to hear a press conference/interview with him.
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
91jmay wrote:

From what I've heard he is not a run heavy OC. However, a return to the PBS, better playcalling, and a better fit for Palmer will result in a better run game, even if we aren't run heavy.

He doesn't have to be run heavy, we just need to run it well.

1,777 yards @ 4.4 in 2004 with Detroit
1,805 yards @ 4.3 in 2006 with St Louis
1,837 yards @ 4.1 in 2008 with Tampa
1,627 yards @ 4.0 in 2009 with Tampa
2,001 yards @ 4.6 in 2010 with Tampa
1,458 yards @ 4.2 in 2011 with Tampa

This year we had 1,420 yards @ 3.8. I am not hugely confident or impressed with Olsen, but we should run the ball better.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews
Looking at the 2011 when Greg Olson was the OC of TB. Even in wins he calls more passes than runs. In wins in '11, they passed 61% of plays
In 2011, in losses, Tampa called pass on approximately 3/4 of their plays and ran only about 25% of the time.

TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Quote:
Looking at the 2011 when Greg Olson was the OC of TB. Even in wins he calls more passes than runs. In wins in '11, they passed 61% of plays
In 2011, in losses, Tampa called pass on approximately 3/4 of their plays and ran only about 25% of the time.

Thats probably because they were losing. If you get down early you pass more.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Quote:

Which we've seen first hand. Then again, we've seen you also can go pass heavy because your pitiful attempts at getting the run game going have been futile. I'll take it with a grain of salt since it was so long ago though.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Quote:

61% passing in wins. Anyway, this is just for information. It seems there's no clear trend or tendencies with him. Apparently, there's not a typical Greg Olson's offense.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Quote:

Look and see how many points the defense let up in 2011, that's why they passed so much
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Quote:

61% passing in wins. Anyway, this is just for information. It seems there's no clear trend or tendencies with him. Apparently, there's not a typical Greg Olson's offense.

That's my conclusion as well, he really doesn't have an identify.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Quote:

That's my conclusion as well, he really doesn't have an identify.

Hopefully because he adapts to his situations well.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catching up on the news. This thread was about the most painful thing I've read in months. So much crying and some of the dumbest stuff I've read in some time.

Here are my thoughts on the hire:

1) Not a splash, but I think the staff wants a guy who they can all grow with. Not a guy who might be headed to a HC gig in the short term.

2) A PBS guy. Isn't that what most wanted?!?

3) Stats are meaningless. Coaches look as good or as bad as the talent they have at their disposal.

4) Encouraged by his work at some of his stops.

To the 'yeah but we were 8-8 crowd' that just won't STFU"

1) Every season is different. Living in the past make you a complete idiot. The division, the schedule, the injuries, the roster etc. all change.

2) Hue Jackson's team folded 1-4 down the stretch, couldn't score in the red zone or put teams away. You think he improves on an 8-8 record when he was going backwards to finish his first year as HC?

To the DA is in over his head, has no connections, is a egomaniac morons.

1) Some of the things you say are so dumb, it pains me we enjoy the same team.

2) You're negativity and crybaby attitudes are ridiculous and I hate to see what you people are like in real life.

3) Patients is a wonderful thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
91jmay wrote:

He doesn't have to be run heavy, we just need to run it well.

1,777 yards @ 4.4 in 2004 with Detroit
1,805 yards @ 4.3 in 2006 with St Louis
1,837 yards @ 4.1 in 2008 with Tampa
1,627 yards @ 4.0 in 2009 with Tampa
2,001 yards @ 4.6 in 2010 with Tampa
1,458 yards @ 4.2 in 2011 with Tampa

This year we had 1,420 yards @ 3.8. I am not hugely confident or impressed with Olsen, but we should run the ball better.

Agree 100%

You don't have to run the ball more than you pass in order to have a good run game. Our blocking should improve, which should return McFadden to his former self. That rig there is enough to improve our offense immensely. Id be happy with any of those types of seasons you listed over what we had this year, and aside from Steven Jackson, Olson didn't exactly have a lot of star power at RB during his OC stints.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Catching up on the news. This thread was about the most painful thing I've read in months. So much crying and some of the dumbest stuff I've read in some time.

1) Not a splash, but I think the staff wants a guy who they can all grow with. Not a guy who might be headed to a HC gig in the short term.

3) Stats are meaningless. Coaches look as good or as bad as the talent they have at their disposal.

1) Every season is different. Living in the past make you a complete idiot. The division, the schedule, the injuries, the roster etc. all change.

2) Hue Jackson's team folded 1-4 down the stretch, couldn't score in the red zone or put teams away. You think he improves on an 8-8 record when he was going backwards to finish his first year as HC?

To the DA is in over his head, has no connections, is a egomaniac morons.

1) Some of the things you say are so dumb, it pains me we enjoy the same team.

2) You're negativity and crybaby attitudes are ridiculous and I hate to see what you people are like in real life.

So he'll do as well as knapp? We should've kept him then...

Stats aren't great but they are good to show improvement or lack of

macklemore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

First of all, don't complain about people being stupid all off-season then end a post with "Patients is a wonderful thing", the word you were looking for is patience.

Secondly, your post sucks.

pig_balooka wrote:

lol.. let me get this straight.. You make excuses for Dennis Allen saying the schedule, injuries and roster are different, then, in the very next point rag on Hue Jackson for going 1-4 down the stretch when he had to deal with injuries, a different schedule and roster? Can't believe I used to respect you.

big_palooka wrote:

Not true at all. Stats are meaningful. Coaches are directly responsible for putting talent in positions to succeed, you can have all the talent in the world but if you are asking them to do stuff they can't do you will not have any success. e.g. Knapp putting Darren McFadden in a ZBS.

Hue Jackson put our offensive players in positions they could succeed and what happened? our offense scored points.

Greg Knapp took virtually the same players and put them in a scheme they could not succeed in and what happened? He turned an offense into a defense for the other team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 19 of 28

Jump to: