Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cards over the Salary Cap for 2013...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13080
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Cards over the Salary Cap for 2013... Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/87970/updated-look-at-nfc-west-cap-situations

Almost 1M over next year. There goes any Jake Long/Adam Levitre dreams (mostly from me).

Add the salary of 7-8 draft picks and we'd be way over. Time for cuts and capologists...
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boise&cards Fan


Joined: 02 Dec 2010
Posts: 3131
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah say that twitter earlier. Going to be interesting to see what Kein does.
_________________

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5229
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My time to shine.

Moving numbers around to get the effect you wanted is the easy part.

it is actually paying some bonuses that come from the moving that is the part that hurts.

Interested to see where those figures come from, as we are always OVER the cap from some people, but when the real figures come out we are always WAY UNDER.

Seems reporting is done just to sell papers, who would have thought.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13080
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we cut a guy does the remaining signing bonus hit our cap next season or over the course of his his original contract lasted?
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 53019
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
If we cut a guy does the remaining signing bonus hit our cap next season or over the course of his his original contract lasted?


Because it is an up front bonus, it hits our cap immediately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I had us at about 7M under the cap before any rollover, though that was with an assumed $125M cap, what is it slated to be does anyone know?
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.


Last edited by khodder on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13080
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
If we cut a guy does the remaining signing bonus hit our cap next season or over the course of his his original contract lasted?


Because it is an up front bonus, it hits our cap immediately.


Boo. So the relief wouldn't be until 2014... Makes one think we could keep Snyder since his remaining signing bonus is the same to his 2013 salary. Colledge on the other hand has 4.5M signing bonus remaining and a 7.5M cap hit for next season. Cutting him would save around 3M.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
If we cut a guy does the remaining signing bonus hit our cap next season or over the course of his his original contract lasted?


Because it is an up front bonus, it hits our cap immediately.


Boo. So the relief wouldn't be until 2014... Makes one think we could keep Snyder since his remaining signing bonus is the same to his 2013 salary. Colledge on the other hand has 4.5M signing bonus remaining and a 7.5M cap hit for next season. Cutting him would save around 3M.


Cutting Bradley saves us $2M. Getting rid of Early Doucet, Kory Sperry and Jeff King opens up close to $4M
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Colledge on the other hand has 4.5M signing bonus remaining and a 7.5M cap hit for next season. Cutting him would save around 3M.


Colledge has 4.5M left on his signing bonus but he also has a bonus that was paid out last season which has 2.3M left to hit the cap.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 53019
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Kolb. There's your cap relief.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 53019
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Colledge on the other hand has 4.5M signing bonus remaining and a 7.5M cap hit for next season. Cutting him would save around 3M.


Colledge has 4.5M left on his signing bonus but he also has a bonus that was paid out last season which has 2.3M left to hit the cap.


Yup, rolled him over. From DJ's post above:

"Moving numbers around to get the effect you wanted is the easy part. it is actually paying some bonuses that come from the moving that is the part that hurts."

This is it, in the flesh. Rolled him back last year to free up some cap room but in doing so we're on the hook for a bit more this season. Vicious cycle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how much has been taken into account, but we had $11M of dead money on our cap in 2012, none of that is there in 2013.

On Kolb, not a lot. 2011 signing bonus has 6M left to hit the cap and he has 5.6M worth of option bonus to hit the cap 2013 onwards.

We would save about $3.30M from cutting Kolb. Would get the same effect from cutting Doucet and King.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 53019
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Not sure how much has been taken into account, but we had $11M of dead money on our cap in 2012, none of that is there in 2013.

On Kolb, not a lot. 2011 signing bonus has 6M left to hit the cap and he has 5.6M worth of option bonus to hit the cap 2013 onwards.

We would save about $3.30M from cutting Kolb. Would get the same effect from cutting Doucet and King.


Which is why you don't cut him, you restructure him (Especially since Bidwill reportedly wants him here). Strip his salary, make him waive the roster bonus and roll a portion of the option bonus back another year. The bonus prorated is still small enough to where cutting him in 2014 doesn't hurt, depending on much of his salary you slice and you save a whole lot more. We could save 7-8 mill easy and he's still on the roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Which is why you don't cut him, you restructure him (Especially since Bidwill reportedly wants him here). Strip his salary, make him waive the roster bonus and roll a portion of the option bonus back another year. The bonus prorated is still small enough to where cutting him in 2014 doesn't hurt, depending on much of his salary you slice and you save a whole lot more. We could save 7-8 mill easy and he's still on the roster.


Thought you were refering to cutting him. My mistake.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13080
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
If we cut a guy does the remaining signing bonus hit our cap next season or over the course of his his original contract lasted?


Because it is an up front bonus, it hits our cap immediately.


Boo. So the relief wouldn't be until 2014... Makes one think we could keep Snyder since his remaining signing bonus is the same to his 2013 salary. Colledge on the other hand has 4.5M signing bonus remaining and a 7.5M cap hit for next season. Cutting him would save around 3M.


Cutting Bradley saves us $2M. Getting rid of Early Doucet, Kory Sperry and Jeff King opens up close to $4M


Forgot about them. All depth guys that can be replaced by mid-late round rookies...

So long-story-short we won't be FA players? Using that money on Roberts/Schofield??
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group