Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chip Kelly Staple Plays and Offensive Philosophy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
It's a shame because Vick has one of the strongest arms I've ever seen.

Just because you have the biggest gun, doesn't mean you know how to use it.

But if you had the biggest gun and knew how to use it... Shocked
Seriously, the guy would never have trouble throwing to any part of the football field.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
birdman0069

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
It's a shame because Vick has one of the strongest arms I've ever seen.

Just because you have the biggest gun, doesn't mean you know how to use it.

But if you had the biggest gun and knew how to use it... Shocked
Seriously, the guy would never have trouble throwing to any part of the football field.

Typical of what you see now a days. The guy was so physicaly gifted it came so easy to him at every level other the Pros. He was always the most talented guy on the field so he never developed a strong work ethic. I would go so far as to say he was the most gifted athlete I have ever seen. If he worked half as hard as Peyton, he would have been one of the best ever. There have been guys in the league that haven't had half of Vicks God givin ability but turned out to be superior football players.
Wasted talent, it's a shame.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also don't think Michael Vick is the right quarterback for the WCO. If we switch to a more traditional one with quick passes to keep tempo up, his height isn't ideal.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDrake wrote:
Chip may not use a lot of these plays but you can bet he will bring innovation to Philly

http://fishduck.com/2013/01/what-every-nfl-fan-should-know-about-chip-kelly/

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inside zone read does give me a boner. some of the fakes and ball handling of Mariota was unreal.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Drake trollin Very Happy

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15572393&highlight=#15572393

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15572273&highlight=#15572273

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15572269&highlight=#15572269

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Drake <3 <3 <3 Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very enjoyable read. Thanks 808

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDrake! Cool

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Dude, you say anything to prop up your boy. Are you his agent or his brother?
Vick has a football I.Q. In the single digits. He can not read defenses, period. He never has and never will. Great athlete, below average NFL caliber QB.
If you want people to respect your opinion, and you obviously do, stop trying to fluff your favorite player. At least try and look at this situation from a semi unbiased point of you.
Stop pointing to one year. Look at his career numbers, they do not lie.
111 TD's to 72 Int's. he has taken 244 sacks in 111 games. 73 fumbles in 111games. 104 turnovers in 111 games. He is responsible for almost a turnover a game. A career passer rating of 80.4.
If I showed you these stats, without telling you the players name, you would never want this guy on your team.
Stop it. Just stop it. It sounds more like you are doing everything in your power to convince yourself Vick is a good player.

Not about convincing myself. Just the naysayers

Same naysayers who thought it was ridiculous to think Vick could ever start another game again in the league at an effective level, let alone for most of a year. Then 2010 happened

You say it's one year? Vick's career TD/INT ratio and total TD/TO ratio including lost fumbles are better than Eli Manning

So I guess he can't read defenses either.

Same with Jay Cutler, etc

I'm far more objective in my critique of Vick than his detractors who say asinine things like "he can't read a defense"

If Vick can't read a defense then just what the heck is Mark Sanchez or all these other Qbs out there who have worse TD/TO ratios some of them with more turnovers than TDs for their CAREER

His woeful passer rating is the best in Eagles history
birdman0069

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
Dude, you say anything to prop up your boy. Are you his agent or his brother?
Vick has a football I.Q. In the single digits. He can not read defenses, period. He never has and never will. Great athlete, below average NFL caliber QB.
If you want people to respect your opinion, and you obviously do, stop trying to fluff your favorite player. At least try and look at this situation from a semi unbiased point of you.
Stop pointing to one year. Look at his career numbers, they do not lie.
111 TD's to 72 Int's. he has taken 244 sacks in 111 games. 73 fumbles in 111games. 104 turnovers in 111 games. He is responsible for almost a turnover a game. A career passer rating of 80.4.
If I showed you these stats, without telling you the players name, you would never want this guy on your team.
Stop it. Just stop it. It sounds more like you are doing everything in your power to convince yourself Vick is a good player.

Not about convincing myself. Just the naysayers

Same naysayers who thought it was ridiculous to think Vick could ever start another game again in the league at an effective level, let alone for most of a year. Then 2010 happened

You say it's one year? Vick's career TD/INT ratio and total TD/TO ratio including lost fumbles are better than Eli Manning

So I guess he can't read defenses either.

Same with Jay Cutler, etc

I'm far more objective in my critique of Vick than his detractors who say asinine things like "he can't read a defense"

If Vick can't read a defense then just what the heck is Mark Sanchez or all these other Qbs out there who have worse TD/TO ratios some of them with more turnovers than TDs for their CAREER

His woeful passer rating is the best in Eagles history

1, passer rating is a mathematically formula that means nothing. To add to this, the Eagles have never had a top tier QB. They have had average to above average guys that played some of their best football while on our roster. Scheme makes up for flaws.
2, Sanchez shouldn't even be in the league and I fail to see what that has to do with anything.
3, He can't read Defenses, he never has and never will. Defenses have consistantly "fooled" Vick with different looks and Vick has never adapted. Not during a game, not during the season and not during his career. He doesn't read the blitz well. He is at his best when he drops back, looks at one receiver then pass or take off. Vick looked good when plays broke down, receivers broke off their pattern and went deep.
4, what is your point with Cutler? Again, an average QB with great arm strength and poor reading skills.
5, Eli has progressed. During his early years he was awfull. During the last several Eli has improved. Add to this Eli has risen to the challenge and played his best football during big games. Vick has rarely showed up during big games. Great players rise to the occasion. There is an old saying about football payers.... You make your money during the season, you make you legacy in the post season.
Lastly son, the naysayers have facts to support their position not conjecture.
This is truly irrevolent though as one thing is as true as the sky is blue.
No one here agrees with you yet you still try to convince everyone you are right. You can't be vindicated yet you won't stop trying.
It must be you are trying to convince yourself.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:

Lastly son, the naysayers have facts to support their position not conjecture.
This is truly irrevolent though as one thing is as true as the sky is blue.
No one here agrees with you yet you still try to convince everyone you are right. You can't be vindicated yet you won't stop trying.
It must be you are trying to convince yourself.

What could you possibly provide that is factually to suggest an NFL QB that can't read defenses could consistently throw for more TDs than INTs.

IT just would not happen at this level of the NFL

Never mind the fact Vick in a more favorable offense would not have to have to process information before or after snap that he does in the confines of the offense he's been in the last couple of years
birdman0069

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things give me the ability to say Vick can't read a defense.
Averaging a turnover a game and watching football for the last 30 plus years.
Anyone who has been to a game has seen Vick staring down the field, not seeing a Safty and throwing an int. Or.....staring down the field, not seeing the open guy and take off running. If your a fan of Vick then I assume you watched him at the college level. He had the same knock on him in college, when he was drafted, when he played for Atlanta and now that he plays for the birds.
You want to use Eli as example, fine I'll stick with that.
Over Eli's first 4 years he never completed 58 percent of his passes. Over the next 5 years he never completed less then 59.9 percent of his passes. He improved, he learned.
Vicks career completion percentage is 55.3 and he has only completed more then 59.8 once in his career. Vick has not improved. On year does not a career make.
At the end of a players career, they are whom their numbers say they were.
Vicks numbers say he was an exceptional athlete and a very average NFL caliber QB.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Two things give me the ability to say Vick can't read a defense.
Averaging a turnover a game and watching football for the last 30 plus years.
Anyone who has been to a game has seen Vick staring down the field, not seeing a Safty and throwing an int. Or.....staring down the field, not seeing the open guy and take off running. If your a fan of Vick then I assume you watched him at the college level. He had the same knock on him in college, when he was drafted, when he played for Atlanta and now that he plays for the birds.
You want to use Eli as example, fine I'll stick with that.
Over Eli's first 4 years he never completed 58 percent of his passes. Over the next 5 years he never completed less then 59.9 percent of his passes. He improved, he learned.
Vicks career completion percentage is 55.3 and he has only completed more then 59.8 once in his career. Vick has not improved. On year does not a career make.
At the end of a players career, they are whom their numbers say they were.
Vicks numbers say he was an exceptional athlete and a very average NFL caliber QB.

Eli Manning's turnovers have not come down since he's come in the league

Don't know what stats you're looking at. Eli has 15+ turnovers in every year he's been a starter except 2008

And Vick has raised his completion percentage by a whopping 6 points in Philly even with the step taken back the last couple of years

But again what Qb would succeed with the Eagles Oline situation this year?
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Chip installs any of the zone readd stuff, its not about that amazing athletic intangible that Vick hasm, its almost 90% between the ears an you just have to be a good enough athlete to run but you dont have to be a 4.3-4.4 guy tho, if you have that element an the brains like a Kaep not a Vick, then you can do amazing things.

Length, height, vision, hand size, arm length-stride length is more important then pure wheels, Foles has better tool to sale the fakes and see the defense unfolding, he so long he can confuse defenders by being some where when hes not, like Marcus Mariota's arms are redic long, he can hold the ball out 2 gaps from hi body while holding 1 gap and pull it in and boom hes gone up the middle.

Foles has more then enough athletic ability and size to be the man in a hybrid Chip offense.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: