Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chip Kelly Staple Plays and Offensive Philosophy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 43102
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless LOLKK
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7685
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
FOR THE LAST TIME.. OREGON AND THE EAGLES ARE WAY DIFFERENT. IF WE HIRED THE MOST IGNORANT JACKARSE IN THE WORLD, YOUR POINT IS VALID, BUT WE HIRED BILL BELICHICK 2.0... CHIP IS NOT GOING TO RUN A COLLEGE OFFENSE OR OREGONS SYSTEM.. DUDE LIVES FOR PHILOSOPHY OF THE GAME NOT A PARTICULAR PHILOSOPHY. ITS BOLD AND CLEAR.

<3

BBIB, listen to Kelly as he says exactly that

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap2000000127748/Chip-Kelly-evaluating-everybody-on-Eagles-roster

"I don't think anybody's gonna score 70 points on anybody in the NFL. I think there's a lot of misconceptions about what we do. Our offense is always driven by personnel, putting our players in position to make plays. I think that's what any good coach does, you gotta evaluate the personnel you have, and build the scheme around them. If people think that we're gonna do exactly what we did at Oregon, then they should study what we did at Oregon. Every year we were different, because the personnel was different every year. It's about looking at what you got for resources and then putting them in position to make plays. If people think I'm just gonna take the Oregon playbook and cross out Oregon and put Philadelphia on it... I hope they think that. Because they're gonna be defending a lot of things that we're not running."


/Discussion
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33180
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:


Razz
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:

Sure they could, because it is the backs and WRs running instead. You don't need a mobile QB to do this, though it wouldn't hurt. Start a stretch with McCoy coming across the QB. If the defense bites, toss to Brown the opposite direction. Maybe Desean comes around back pre-snap in motion, then Brown can choose to option to him.


Do you realize how slowly developing of a play that would be?

And what you described is basically a WR reverse. That play wouldn't even be as effective at the college level, let alone the NFL level

Watch how the 49ers run the pistol offense. It's effective because a team crashes down on the QB. Without the QB being a threat they can converge on the back(s) like a normal running play
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:

<3

BBIB, listen to Kelly as he says exactly that

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap2000000127748/Chip-Kelly-evaluating-everybody-on-Eagles-roster

"I don't think anybody's gonna score 70 points on anybody in the NFL. I think there's a lot of misconceptions about what we do. Our offense is always driven by personnel, putting our players in position to make plays. I think that's what any good coach does, you gotta evaluate the personnel you have, and build the scheme around them. If people think that we're gonna do exactly what we did at Oregon, then they should study what we did at Oregon. Every year we were different, because the personnel was different every year. It's about looking at what you got for resources and then putting them in position to make plays. If people think I'm just gonna take the Oregon playbook and cross out Oregon and put Philadelphia on it... I hope they think that. Because they're gonna be defending a lot of things that we're not running."


There's no doubt that

A)You can't be as efficient on offense in college as you are in the NFL

B)There are certain plays that will either work on a limited basis or not at all

Chip Kelly will certainly be looking to see which plays that he has to basically completely throw out the playbook regardless of style of QB

I"m not saying that he absolutely needs a dual threat guy because of how incredible of an innovator he is

I'm just saying how he's made his bread and butter in terms of innovation is what he's done with a dual threat QB

He literally is the inspiration behind Chris Ault and the implementation of the pistol offense.

So again it may not be Vick but it would be a huge upset that during his tenure in Philly that Chip Kelly completely stuck with a pocket passer

And it would be even more of a shock if he did so if the 49ers win the Super Bowl totally demolishing the concept that a "running QB" can't win a Super Bowl


Because from Chip Kelly's perspective it would basically be, "not only did I inspire that offense, but I have a far more sophisticated version of that offense that I could use to make that one look like child's play by comparison"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33468
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:

<3

BBIB, listen to Kelly as he says exactly that

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap2000000127748/Chip-Kelly-evaluating-everybody-on-Eagles-roster

"I don't think anybody's gonna score 70 points on anybody in the NFL. I think there's a lot of misconceptions about what we do. Our offense is always driven by personnel, putting our players in position to make plays. I think that's what any good coach does, you gotta evaluate the personnel you have, and build the scheme around them. If people think that we're gonna do exactly what we did at Oregon, then they should study what we did at Oregon. Every year we were different, because the personnel was different every year. It's about looking at what you got for resources and then putting them in position to make plays. If people think I'm just gonna take the Oregon playbook and cross out Oregon and put Philadelphia on it... I hope they think that. Because they're gonna be defending a lot of things that we're not running."


There's no doubt that

A)You can't be as efficient on offense in college as you are in the NFL

B)There are certain plays that will either work on a limited basis or not at all

Chip Kelly will certainly be looking to see which plays that he has to basically completely throw out the playbook regardless of style of QB

I"m not saying that he absolutely needs a dual threat guy because of how incredible of an innovator he is

I'm just saying how he's made his bread and butter in terms of innovation is what he's done with a dual threat QB

He literally is the inspiration behind Chris Ault and the implementation of the pistol offense.

So again it may not be Vick but it would be a huge upset that during his tenure in Philly that Chip Kelly completely stuck with a pocket passer

And it would be even more of a shock if he did so if the 49ers win the Super Bowl totally demolishing the concept that a "running QB" can't win a Super Bowl


Because from Chip Kelly's perspective it would basically be, "not only did I inspire that offense, but I have a far more sophisticated version of that offense that I could use to make that one look like child's play by comparison"



You do know the pistol offense started in 2004 2 years before chip kelly left new hampshire. I don't think he inspired anything.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

You do know the pistol offense started in 2004 2 years before chip kelly left new hampshire. I don't think he inspired anything.


At least you said "THINK"

Quote:
Ever since Kaepernick rushed for 181 yards against the Packers, an N.F.L. record for a quarterback, Ault had spent more than three hours each day talking about his offense and the quarterback who sped forward its evolution. Ault heard from former players and assistants, from locals and friends and reporters, from what seemed like every person he ever met.

He told them all about the Pistol and about Kaepernick, the perfect marriage, Ault repeated, between system and skills.

The system was born after Ault returned to the sidelines in 2004 and Nevada stumbled to a 5-7 record. Ault wanted to reinvent his offense and himself. Every day for three months, he scribbled notes, watched tape and studied other teams, including an innovative coach at New Hampshire named Chip Kelly.

Ault wanted his quarterback to take snaps almost exclusively from the shotgun formation, just as Kelly’s did. Except Ault wanted his running back behind the quarterback, not beside him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/20/sports/football/nfc-49ers-colin-kaepernick-takes-nevada-offense-to-big-stage.html?_r=0



BTW, not only that but Chip Kelly has even showed the creativity of a DOUBLE pistol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VorOLsrydcU#t=4m31s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33468
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm interesting.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Hmm interesting.


Chip Kelly literally may be an offensive genius

That's why to clarify I don't doubt that he could build a high octane offense around a 100% pocket passer

I just think he has enough confidence that he can build one around a dual threat guy and really revolutionize the game doing so

What the 49ers are doing with Kaepernick is not even close to what Chip Kelly could potentially do especially considering an uptempo approach added to all the creative formations and variations of plays

Defenses will HATE this guy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 33468
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Hmm interesting.


Chip Kelly literally may be an offensive genius

That's why to clarify I don't doubt that he could build a high octane offense around a 100% pocket passer

I just think he has enough confidence that he can build one around a dual threat guy and really revolutionize the game doing so

What the 49ers are doing with Kaepernick is not even close to what Chip Kelly could potentially do especially considering an uptempo approach added to all the creative formations and variations of plays

Defenses will HATE this guy



I don't think the guy he wants would be vick though, Vick would need to take a big pay cut and then I doubt he makes it through the season if he was here. Old, injury prone, on the downside of his career as a player.

I think if chip wants a mobile guy especially now with pat shurmur on board he goes for him in the draft.
_________________
Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

I don't think the guy he wants would be vick though, Vick would need to take a big pay cut and then I doubt he makes it through the season if he was here. Old, injury prone, on the downside of his career as a player.

I think if chip wants a mobile guy especially now with pat shurmur on board he goes for him in the draft.


Look even though Vick's my favorite player I know he doesn't have exactly 6-10 years left. I'm hopeful he has 4-5 which he will have to take care of himself to reach. So obviously even if Kelly goes with Vick there would have to be a QB in waiting.

Im just saying from an offensive philosophy standpoint, I see Chip Kelly enjoying the challenge of doing something new an innovative

You could say the tempo is innovative but in of itself we've seen faster tempos before

But combining the up tempo with a spread offense with the threat of a QB run, is something we haven't seen before

Forget about Belichick, Chip Kelly could be drawing comparisons to Bill Walsh in terms of fame for inventing a new style of offense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I definitely think Vick is sold on that offense and the idea of staying in Philly and would be willing to take a paycut

If Vick is trying to sell Chip Kelly on the idea of Vick staying, he should point out that the type of injuries that he took the last few years in terms of the rib injuries came without wearing the protection of a military designed kevlar vest. And it's technology like that which could save Vick from further injuries in the future

And Vick has never had the serious nagging knee or leg type injuries despite all the games he's missed in his career. There was the fluke broken fibula on an illegal horse collar tackle in a pre-season game and the two rib injuries and you're talking about that's 90% of the time Vick had missed in his career due to injury up until that concussion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
birdman0069


Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 6270
Location: Key West, FL
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you say anything to prop up your boy. Are you his agent or his brother?
Vick has a football I.Q. In the single digits. He can not read defenses, period. He never has and never will. Great athlete, below average NFL caliber QB.
If you want people to respect your opinion, and you obviously do, stop trying to fluff your favorite player. At least try and look at this situation from a semi unbiased point of you.
Stop pointing to one year. Look at his career numbers, they do not lie.
111 TD's to 72 Int's. he has taken 244 sacks in 111 games. 73 fumbles in 111games. 104 turnovers in 111 games. He is responsible for almost a turnover a game. A career passer rating of 80.4.
If I showed you these stats, without telling you the players name, you would never want this guy on your team.
Stop it. Just stop it. It sounds more like you are doing everything in your power to convince yourself Vick is a good player.
_________________

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48548
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame because Vick has one of the strongest arms I've ever seen.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21236
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
It's a shame because Vick has one of the strongest arms I've ever seen.


Just because you have the biggest gun, doesn't mean you know how to use it.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group