Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3-4 player transition thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ether

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
I believe Star Lotulelei is our pick now. People are saying he is the next Ngata and last time I checked Ngata is the best NT in the league right now. Lotulelei, Rubin, and Taylor would make for a very great 3-4 DL. Sign the best pass rusher in FA. Maybe do some trades for more picks. Who knows.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Rubin is our NT unless he is replaced in which case he is replaced

I'm trying to remember... when Rodgers was our NT, did Rubin ever line up at End? Was he successful?

I remember Rubin being a nobody until Rogers got hurt then we him a shot at NT. He was so good that when Rogers came back we tried to keep him at nose and put Rogers at end, in which either due to injury, lack of motivation, or the position switch Rogers was pretty worthless. Which screams Phil Taylor to me really.

tl;dr version: no
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that is for sure is that depending upon FA - Star, any of the OLBs, and Milliner are all very possible targets for the Browns at #6.

FA is going to be wide open... with nearly 50 million available to spend, new owner, new coaching staff, new schemes and systems, plenty of player contracts expiring... just about any FA scenario is possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
I believe Star Lotulelei is our pick now. People are saying he is the next Ngata and last time I checked Ngata is the best NT in the league right now. Lotulelei, Rubin, and Taylor would make for a very great 3-4 DL. Sign the best pass rusher in FA. Maybe do some trades for more picks. Who knows.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I'm trying to remember... when Rodgers was our NT, did Rubin ever line up at End? Was he successful?

I remember Rubin being a nobody until Rogers got hurt then we him a shot at NT. He was so good that when Rogers came back we tried to keep him at nose and put Rogers at end, in which either due to injury, lack of motivation, or the position switch Rogers was pretty worthless. Which screams Phil Taylor to me really.

They have have similar body types and position, but Rogers was famous for being a lazy, unmotivated sack of crap most of his career. Rogers had more talent than most, but not enough between the ears. I think its rather insulting to compare Taylor to him at this point...

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
boblight22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar
ngata plays 34DE in the base sets and DT in subsets

I believe you are correct.
I am also Pretty sure that a lot of people questioned
The Phil Taylor pick because he was being projected as a great
NT. I don't want star. He is a boom or bust guy at our deepest position
I think we go pass rusher or DB at 6.
Rubin will be a solid NT. Taylor kitchen and the super sophs - Wynn
And Rucker will round things out.
We need a pass rusher BAD! I would like to see Moore have a
Solid combine and sliP to 6!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

boblight22 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I believe you are correct. I am also Pretty sure that a lot of people questioned The Phil Taylor pick because he was being projected as a great NT. I don't want star. He is a boom or bust guy at our deepest position I think we go pass rusher or DB at 6. Rubin will be a solid NT. Taylor kitchen and the super sophs - Wynn And Rucker will round things out. We need a pass rusher BAD! I would like to see Moore have a Solid combine and sliP to 6!

boom or bust can be labelled on just about any player... If Star is sitting there at 6 I dont know how you pass on him without giving it a ton of consideration.

I dont believe pass rusher is as big of need as most here say, however it is obviously one of the top areas. I think that between Sheard, Gocong, JMJ, the host of smaller LBs on the roster, and elmore and I believe stephens most of which have experience either at OLB or 34 olb I think that spot can be held down if just for a year... I believe DBs are clearly the number #1 area that must be addressed going into FA, if the secondary hasnt been addressed by the draft we all know where the picks are headed....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Do you think Phil Taylor is lazy?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell ya What Mingo's Combine could raise his stock a bit to 6

IE the LB drills.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

IE the LB drills.

Great athlete and has good hustle and can get after the qb but he takes himself out of plays quite a bit at times too. Not my first choice at 6 but I wouldn't be mad if he looks good in the next few months and we believe he can be a great rusher. He'd have the athleticism to drop back too but I'm not sure his football IQ is good enough currently for him not to get lost at times.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
boblight22 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I believe you are correct. I am also Pretty sure that a lot of people questioned The Phil Taylor pick because he was being projected as a great NT. I don't want star. He is a boom or bust guy at our deepest position I think we go pass rusher or DB at 6. Rubin will be a solid NT. Taylor kitchen and the super sophs - Wynn And Rucker will round things out. We need a pass rusher BAD! I would like to see Moore have a Solid combine and sliP to 6!

boom or bust can be labelled on just about any player... If Star is sitting there at 6 I dont know how you pass on him without giving it a ton of consideration.

I dont believe pass rusher is as big of need as most here say, however it is obviously one of the top areas. I think that between Sheard, Gocong, JMJ, the host of smaller LBs on the roster, and elmore and I believe stephens most of which have experience either at OLB or 34 olb I think that spot can be held down if just for a year... I believe DBs are clearly the number #1 area that must be addressed going into FA, if the secondary hasnt been addressed by the draft we all know where the picks are headed....

Think sheard will be fine as a pass rusher LB. Not sure about dropping in coverage but most of his sacks last year came from when Jauron had him switch to standing up.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

IE the LB drills.

Great athlete and has good hustle and can get after the qb but he takes himself out of plays quite a bit at times too. Not my first choice at 6 but I wouldn't be mad if he looks good in the next few months and we believe he can be a great rusher. He'd have the athleticism to drop back too but I'm not sure his football IQ is good enough currently for him not to get lost at times.
Don't disagree but it perked my interest that NFL.com gave him the highest grade of ANY DL.That and I don't think anybody could argue he was TOTALLY miscast as a 43LDE. I saw a side by side of Aldon Smiths college career and Mingo's and it is very simular.

That and and having a passrusher named Barkavious would be very coolas a bonus. Wink

fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

IE the LB drills.

Don't disagree but it perked my interest that NFL.com gave him the highest grade of ANY DL.That and I don't think anybody could argue he was TOTALLY miscast as a 43LDE. I saw a side by side of Aldon Smiths college career and Mingo's and it is very simular.

That and and having a passrusher named Barkavious would be very coolas a bonus. Wink

BARK- avious even more of a bonus

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

Funny you should say that, when I was writing that little paragraph about him, I was also thinking his upside reminds me a lot of Aldon Smith. I remember being completely wrong about Aldon when I was shocked (I think many were tbh) at him being drafted at #7. Perhaps it will be Mingo at #6 this year.

If his game can have the impact that Smith has had for SF, BARKevious would be a great fit!

Just want to come out of the draft and FA with 2/3 nice defensive players. A passrusher, a safety and a d-lineman. Lotulelei or a great passrusher at #6 should be possible, even for Lombardi...
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo is going to have to learn to use his hands better, to have an impact like Smith imo, Smith was much better at using his hands in college
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Funny you should say that, when I was writing that little paragraph about him, I was also thinking his upside reminds me a lot of Aldon Smith. I remember being completely wrong about Aldon when I was shocked (I think many were tbh) at him being drafted at #7. Perhaps it will be Mingo at #6 this year.

If his game can have the impact that Smith has had for SF, BARKevious would be a great fit!

Just want to come out of the draft and FA with 2/3 nice defensive players. A passrusher, a safety and a d-lineman. Lotulelei or a great passrusher at #6 should be possible, even for Lombardi...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/barkevious-mingo?id=2540140

Ether

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Do you think Phil Taylor is lazy?

No, but I didn't think Rogers was either in 2008.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: