Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Mallet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
clubberlang


Joined: 04 Dec 2011
Posts: 143
Location: OH10
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i wouldn't be opposed to mallet, i wouldn't want to pay the price for him. He young has a cannon arm and can make all the throws. If i remember correctly he did have decision making problems and always struggled with any pressure up the middle since he was so immobile. Considering he would probably go for a 2nd if not more i would rather stick with weeds and see what he can do in this system. If he doesnt produce then we are back to looking for a qb in 2014. Same story as always. I just dont see that franchise guy out there this year so why not roll the dice one more year with weeds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Productiondawg


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 409
Location: Cincinnati
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@KeithBritton86: From what I've been told, I would not expect the #Browns to pursue any deal for Ryan Mallett. #bogus

When he says "from what I've been told" it usually happens, or in this case, doesn't happen.
_________________
"If you can't stand the neural activity, than stay out of the neural activator" -Professor Fink  

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6115
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
Ryan Mallet > Any QB in the draft this year.

If the new regime doesn't think Weeden can be the guy and want to make a change this year and they think Mallet is the guy and want to go get him then I support it.

If Mallet can be a franchise QB then there is no price too high for a franchise QB. You have to have one to win bottom line.

I personally think that if Mallet has learned how to be a good pro, preparation, decision making etc. from Brady, with hi size and arm strength, he could be a complete stud with our offensive weapons, scheme and coaches.



What about Mallet makes him that much better than say, Tyler Wilson, the guy who replaced him at Arkansas?

And if you think Brady is tutoring him, I think you are mistaken. How many times have we been told that backup QB's "learn" from Brady, and how many of them have?


Furthermore - I think it works almost against Brady's backup. I am unsure if the Pats had the same philosophy as the Colts, but I know from my roommates uncle (who worked within the Colts organization) that their philosophy on the backup QB getting #1 reps in practice was - "If Peyton Manning goes down, we are absolutely screwed, and theres no reason to practice being screwed, so we just give Manning all the #1 reps."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NewWorldOrder


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 956
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only in cleveland can there be a quarterback controversy with a player not even on the team!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 6966
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Only in cleveland can there be a quarterback controversy with a player not even on the team!


+1

Mallett will never start here
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13177
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
Ryan Mallet > Any QB in the draft this year.

If the new regime doesn't think Weeden can be the guy and want to make a change this year and they think Mallet is the guy and want to go get him then I support it.

If Mallet can be a franchise QB then there is no price too high for a franchise QB. You have to have one to win bottom line.

I personally think that if Mallet has learned how to be a good pro, preparation, decision making etc. from Brady, with hi size and arm strength, he could be a complete stud with our offensive weapons, scheme and coaches.



What about Mallet makes him that much better than say, Tyler Wilson, the guy who replaced him at Arkansas?

And if you think Brady is tutoring him, I think you are mistaken. How many times have we been told that backup QB's "learn" from Brady, and how many of them have?


Furthermore - I think it works almost against Brady's backup. I am unsure if the Pats had the same philosophy as the Colts, but I know from my roommates uncle (who worked within the Colts organization) that their philosophy on the backup QB getting #1 reps in practice was - "If Peyton Manning goes down, we are absolutely screwed, and theres no reason to practice being screwed, so we just give Manning all the #1 reps."


c'mon thats totally bogus.

jim sorgi is on his way to the hall of fame because of peyton mannings tutor abilities alone. Laughing
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 25347
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Only in cleveland can there be a quarterback controversy with a player not even on the team!


There's a reason we're #3 on the team forums by total posts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13177
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
Only in cleveland can there be a quarterback controversy with a player not even on the team!


There's a reason we're #3 on the team forums by total posts


Could be higher if you didn't lock so many threads









Wink
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
Only in cleveland can there be a quarterback controversy with a player not even on the team!


There's a reason we're #3 on the team forums by total posts


Could be higher if you didn't lock so many threads










Wink


#rimshot
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6115
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
Ryan Mallet > Any QB in the draft this year.

If the new regime doesn't think Weeden can be the guy and want to make a change this year and they think Mallet is the guy and want to go get him then I support it.

If Mallet can be a franchise QB then there is no price too high for a franchise QB. You have to have one to win bottom line.

I personally think that if Mallet has learned how to be a good pro, preparation, decision making etc. from Brady, with hi size and arm strength, he could be a complete stud with our offensive weapons, scheme and coaches.



What about Mallet makes him that much better than say, Tyler Wilson, the guy who replaced him at Arkansas?

And if you think Brady is tutoring him, I think you are mistaken. How many times have we been told that backup QB's "learn" from Brady, and how many of them have?


Furthermore - I think it works almost against Brady's backup. I am unsure if the Pats had the same philosophy as the Colts, but I know from my roommates uncle (who worked within the Colts organization) that their philosophy on the backup QB getting #1 reps in practice was - "If Peyton Manning goes down, we are absolutely screwed, and theres no reason to practice being screwed, so we just give Manning all the #1 reps."


c'mon thats totally bogus.

jim sorgi is on his way to the hall of fame because of peyton mannings tutor abilities alone. Laughing



guhhhhhh, I've blocked Sorgis name out of my mind ever since that SNF game vs the Titans. Sorgi wins the game the Browns make the playoffs, lose we don't. He was so freaking bad.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12133
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
Ryan Mallet > Any QB in the draft this year.

If the new regime doesn't think Weeden can be the guy and want to make a change this year and they think Mallet is the guy and want to go get him then I support it.

If Mallet can be a franchise QB then there is no price too high for a franchise QB. You have to have one to win bottom line.

I personally think that if Mallet has learned how to be a good pro, preparation, decision making etc. from Brady, with hi size and arm strength, he could be a complete stud with our offensive weapons, scheme and coaches.



What about Mallet makes him that much better than say, Tyler Wilson, the guy who replaced him at Arkansas?

And if you think Brady is tutoring him, I think you are mistaken. How many times have we been told that backup QB's "learn" from Brady, and how many of them have?


Furthermore - I think it works almost against Brady's backup. I am unsure if the Pats had the same philosophy as the Colts, but I know from my roommates uncle (who worked within the Colts organization) that their philosophy on the backup QB getting #1 reps in practice was - "If Peyton Manning goes down, we are absolutely screwed, and theres no reason to practice being screwed, so we just give Manning all the #1 reps."


c'mon thats totally bogus.

jim sorgi is on his way to the hall of fame because of peyton mannings tutor abilities alone. Laughing



guhhhhhh, I've blocked Sorgis name out of my mind ever since that SNF game vs the Titans. Sorgi wins the game the Browns make the playoffs, lose we don't. He was so freaking bad.


we could have wrapped it up on our own had DA gone full DA. but yea al we needed was them to win and we were in and they played Jim Fíng Sorgi.
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 16060
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
Ryan Mallet > Any QB in the draft this year.

If the new regime doesn't think Weeden can be the guy and want to make a change this year and they think Mallet is the guy and want to go get him then I support it.

If Mallet can be a franchise QB then there is no price too high for a franchise QB. You have to have one to win bottom line.

I personally think that if Mallet has learned how to be a good pro, preparation, decision making etc. from Brady, with hi size and arm strength, he could be a complete stud with our offensive weapons, scheme and coaches.



What about Mallet makes him that much better than say, Tyler Wilson, the guy who replaced him at Arkansas?

And if you think Brady is tutoring him, I think you are mistaken. How many times have we been told that backup QB's "learn" from Brady, and how many of them have?


Furthermore - I think it works almost against Brady's backup. I am unsure if the Pats had the same philosophy as the Colts, but I know from my roommates uncle (who worked within the Colts organization) that their philosophy on the backup QB getting #1 reps in practice was - "If Peyton Manning goes down, we are absolutely screwed, and theres no reason to practice being screwed, so we just give Manning all the #1 reps."


c'mon thats totally bogus.

jim sorgi is on his way to the hall of fame because of peyton mannings tutor abilities alone. Laughing



guhhhhhh, I've blocked Sorgis name out of my mind ever since that SNF game vs the Titans. Sorgi wins the game the Browns make the playoffs, lose we don't. He was so freaking bad.


we could have wrapped it up on our own had DA gone full DA. but yea al we needed was them to win and we were in and they played Jim Fíng Sorgi.


Out the next week in the wild card round most likely, but a playoff appearance is a playoff appearance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 41484
Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
Only in cleveland can there be a quarterback controversy with a player not even on the team!


There's a reason we're #3 on the team forums by total posts


I always thought it was because of our lulz

If we actually had a competitive team I can't imagine what this place would be like
_________________

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12133
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:
Only in cleveland can there be a quarterback controversy with a player not even on the team!


There's a reason we're #3 on the team forums by total posts


I always thought it was because of our lulz

If we actually had a competitive team I can't imagine what this place would be like


Well what's more Lulzy than our qb chatter
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schuttje


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 2203
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Ryan Mallett news from Playerline: http://www.playerline.com/r/0noq5XE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group