Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Mallet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clubberlang

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i wouldn't be opposed to mallet, i wouldn't want to pay the price for him. He young has a cannon arm and can make all the throws. If i remember correctly he did have decision making problems and always struggled with any pressure up the middle since he was so immobile. Considering he would probably go for a 2nd if not more i would rather stick with weeds and see what he can do in this system. If he doesnt produce then we are back to looking for a qb in 2014. Same story as always. I just dont see that franchise guy out there this year so why not roll the dice one more year with weeds.
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@KeithBritton86: From what I've been told, I would not expect the #Browns to pursue any deal for Ryan Mallett. #bogus

When he says "from what I've been told" it usually happens, or in this case, doesn't happen.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
roger murdock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
Ryan Mallet > Any QB in the draft this year.

If the new regime doesn't think Weeden can be the guy and want to make a change this year and they think Mallet is the guy and want to go get him then I support it.

If Mallet can be a franchise QB then there is no price too high for a franchise QB. You have to have one to win bottom line.

I personally think that if Mallet has learned how to be a good pro, preparation, decision making etc. from Brady, with hi size and arm strength, he could be a complete stud with our offensive weapons, scheme and coaches.

What about Mallet makes him that much better than say, Tyler Wilson, the guy who replaced him at Arkansas?

And if you think Brady is tutoring him, I think you are mistaken. How many times have we been told that backup QB's "learn" from Brady, and how many of them have?

Furthermore - I think it works almost against Brady's backup. I am unsure if the Pats had the same philosophy as the Colts, but I know from my roommates uncle (who worked within the Colts organization) that their philosophy on the backup QB getting #1 reps in practice was - "If Peyton Manning goes down, we are absolutely screwed, and theres no reason to practice being screwed, so we just give Manning all the #1 reps."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only in cleveland can there be a quarterback controversy with a player not even on the team!
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:
Only in cleveland can there be a quarterback controversy with a player not even on the team!

+1

Mallett will never start here

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

If the new regime doesn't think Weeden can be the guy and want to make a change this year and they think Mallet is the guy and want to go get him then I support it.

If Mallet can be a franchise QB then there is no price too high for a franchise QB. You have to have one to win bottom line.

I personally think that if Mallet has learned how to be a good pro, preparation, decision making etc. from Brady, with hi size and arm strength, he could be a complete stud with our offensive weapons, scheme and coaches.

What about Mallet makes him that much better than say, Tyler Wilson, the guy who replaced him at Arkansas?

And if you think Brady is tutoring him, I think you are mistaken. How many times have we been told that backup QB's "learn" from Brady, and how many of them have?

Furthermore - I think it works almost against Brady's backup. I am unsure if the Pats had the same philosophy as the Colts, but I know from my roommates uncle (who worked within the Colts organization) that their philosophy on the backup QB getting #1 reps in practice was - "If Peyton Manning goes down, we are absolutely screwed, and theres no reason to practice being screwed, so we just give Manning all the #1 reps."

c'mon thats totally bogus.

jim sorgi is on his way to the hall of fame because of peyton mannings tutor abilities alone. Laughing

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewWorldOrder wrote:

There's a reason we're #3 on the team forums by total posts
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Could be higher if you didn't lock so many threads

Wink

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

Could be higher if you didn't lock so many threads

Wink

#rimshot

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
roger murdock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

jim sorgi is on his way to the hall of fame because of peyton mannings tutor abilities alone. Laughing

guhhhhhh, I've blocked Sorgis name out of my mind ever since that SNF game vs the Titans. Sorgi wins the game the Browns make the playoffs, lose we don't. He was so freaking bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

guhhhhhh, I've blocked Sorgis name out of my mind ever since that SNF game vs the Titans. Sorgi wins the game the Browns make the playoffs, lose we don't. He was so freaking bad.

we could have wrapped it up on our own had DA gone full DA. but yea al we needed was them to win and we were in and they played Jim Fíng Sorgi.

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

we could have wrapped it up on our own had DA gone full DA. but yea al we needed was them to win and we were in and they played Jim Fíng Sorgi.

Out the next week in the wild card round most likely, but a playoff appearance is a playoff appearance.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

I always thought it was because of our lulz

If we actually had a competitive team I can't imagine what this place would be like

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
NewWorldOrder wrote:

I always thought it was because of our lulz

If we actually had a competitive team I can't imagine what this place would be like

Well what's more Lulzy than our qb chatter

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

schuttje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Ryan Mallett news from Playerline: http://www.playerline.com/r/0noq5XE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: