Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ryan Mallet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
I'm just so iffy on the trading for or signing another teams backup idea. How many times has that worked out in the past outside of Matt Schaub? It's too big of a gamble.

another team's backup who likes cocaine

Bear... bear... Big Bear... big bear chase meeeeeeee...!

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:
I'm just so iffy on the trading for or signing another teams backup idea. How many times has that worked out in the past outside of Matt Schaub? It's too big of a gamble.

Laughing

What are you doing thats a lamp? Yea but its loaded
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:

Laughing

Laughing

one of my favorite movies of all time. Sad day when John Candy died....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:

Laughing

Laughing

The great outdoors, Uncle Buck, Planes Trains, and Automobiles. all classics
Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
CleBrowns07 wrote:

Laughing

Laughing

I can't even watch that scene in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles when Steve Martin figures out about Candy's wife....too sad anymore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StewieRules wrote:
Frankly I'd rather trade for Terrelle Pryor than Mallett. What does Mallett have that Weeden doesn't, except 15 fewer NFL starts? And spare me the age logic - the guys 29 not 35 ....if he plays for 8 seasons that's FOUR times as many years as any QB we've had.

No, I think Turner & Chud will be a Godsend for Weeden (and for TR too IMO)

He has development time. I'm tellin ya, if Weeden is even around this year to start and he still doesn't play that well, he's done here. With a guy like Mallett, if he struggles in his first year as a starter, you can justify keeping him around. You can't justify keeping a QB turning 31 who still needs work.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectre wrote:
StewieRules wrote:
Frankly I'd rather trade for Terrelle Pryor than Mallett. What does Mallett have that Weeden doesn't, except 15 fewer NFL starts? And spare me the age logic - the guys 29 not 35 ....if he plays for 8 seasons that's FOUR times as many years as any QB we've had.

No, I think Turner & Chud will be a Godsend for Weeden (and for TR too IMO)

He has development time. I'm tellin ya, if Weeden is even around this year to start and he still doesn't play that well, he's done here. With a guy like Mallett, if he struggles in his first year as a starter, you can justify keeping him around. You can't justify keeping a QB turning 31 who still needs work.

This is true, but at the same time if they trade for Mallett and he fails, they are going to have to pay that pipper. If they keep Weeds and he fails, they can always dump him and blame the old regime.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the price is right I go after Mallet...

I dont care what he did with college, we know he was immature and dumb in college, he did choose to go to Michigan out of HS. Ppl grow as they get older and being in the pats and playing alongide Tom Brady could only helped him grow as a person that his character problems in college are prolly a zero concern

At least getting him you have a QB who knows the NFL, knows what it is like to play for a winning organization and would have a small learning curve compared to drafting a QB

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just as an example...

Weeden
Anderson
Renfree

Weeden gets the start to see if he progresses in his second season with the new offense. If Weeden fails then they have a back up with nfl playing experience that is familiar with Chuds system, and also the token #3 developmental guy. Neither of which would prevent the Browns from getting a different QB in 2014 if they wish, nor cost them valuable resources in the meantime...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleBrowns07 wrote:

Brett favre, steve young, tom brady were all backups, not saying mallet is one of these but to write off the potential of all backups is crazy.
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Mallet > Any QB in the draft this year.

If the new regime doesn't think Weeden can be the guy and want to make a change this year and they think Mallet is the guy and want to go get him then I support it.

If Mallet can be a franchise QB then there is no price too high for a franchise QB. You have to have one to win bottom line.

I personally think that if Mallet has learned how to be a good pro, preparation, decision making etc. from Brady, with hi size and arm strength, he could be a complete stud with our offensive weapons, scheme and coaches.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:

If the new regime doesn't think Weeden can be the guy and want to make a change this year and they think Mallet is the guy and want to go get him then I support it.

If Mallet can be a franchise QB then there is no price too high for a franchise QB. You have to have one to win bottom line.

I personally think that if Mallet has learned how to be a good pro, preparation, decision making etc. from Brady, with hi size and arm strength, he could be a complete stud with our offensive weapons, scheme and coaches.

What about Mallet makes him that much better than say, Tyler Wilson, the guy who replaced him at Arkansas?

And if you think Brady is tutoring him, I think you are mistaken. How many times have we been told that backup QB's "learn" from Brady, and how many of them have?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:

What about Mallet makes him that much better than say, Tyler Wilson, the guy who replaced him at Arkansas?

And if you think Brady is tutoring him, I think you are mistaken. How many times have we been told that backup QB's "learn" from Brady, and how many of them have?

Size, arm strength, and the fact that he has been practicing with and against pros, as in you know not a rookie.

I don't think Tom Brady has been tutoring him, but I do think that you can learn from watching the way he prepares and practices. I also think McDaniels and BB have been tutoring him. As far as Brady's other backups not succeeding, well maybe Mallet is more talented than all of them. He has better tools and better production coming out of college than any of his other backups. He did beat out Hoyer for the backup spot right?

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never liked Mallet in college. I certainly don't want to give up picks to get him. I just don't think he has it between the ears.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
tricklogic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I watched Mallet in college I saw a guy who could make all of the throws. He was accurate and could get the ball deep. The only real problem with his game was that he needed a clean pocket. He did not make any time back there and was probably the slowest QB I've ever seen. I'm not looking it up, but for some reason I thought he took a lot of sacks too. Luckily, he had a pretty quick release. Hopefully adjusting to the speed of the NFL and at least sitting behind Brady helped him develop some sort of instinct.

Also as soon as he opened his mouth Embarassed on top of that he was young and did some dumb stuff. I didn't think he'd fall to the 3rd because he had a better arm than most of the QBs in that draft, but when he did I was cool with taking him. I'm all for second chances, lord knows I want one Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: