Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

La Canfora tweets that Bears are hiring Mel Tucker as DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PredatorPeppers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Hopefully he changes his " vanilla " style defense a little bit and blitzes, I don't want to see the same ol' cover 2 crap get lit up like a Christmas tree against good offenses that slant the crap out of the cover 2 into oblivion. I guess you could say I am disappointed with this hire, unless he changes his philosophy some.

We have already established that this is simply untrue.

Well if you repeat it in every thread then maybe itll come true! Laughing

What do you believe Mr. GOGRIESE?
Wes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid hire, no need to play around with the defense this year. We have a team built to win this year.

I am just praying Trestman can get this offense to at least tap into some of its potential.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
Hopefully he changes his " vanilla " style defense a little bit and blitzes, I don't want to see the same ol' cover 2 crap get lit up like a Christmas tree against good offenses that slant the crap out of the cover 2 into oblivion. I guess you could say I am disappointed with this hire, unless he changes his philosophy some.

Exactly what Superman and MM90 have been trying to pound into your brain the past few days.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
BonanzaHawk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to change the defense at all. We're a very good defense. We'll need to transition generationally, but there's no need to change in philosophy.

We got a new offense to pair with our old offense, and Tucker is being brought in for that, or at least closely resembling it.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

Exactly what Superman and MM90 have been trying to pound into your brain the past few days.

Meatball fans be meatball fans...
PredatorPeppers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

Can

Not

Compute Drool Laughing
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

Can

Not

Compute Drool Laughing

Clearly....

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
PredatorPeppers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

Can

Not

Compute Drool Laughing

Clearly....

Just be content with a good but not great defense that is predictable and will continue to fold at the end of games against superior teams, as well as allow about 100 quick slants over the middle per game.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
PredatorPeppers wrote:

Can

Not

Compute Drool Laughing

Clearly....

Just be content with a good but not great defense that is predictable and will continue to fold at the end of games against superior teams, as well as allow about 100 quick slants over the middle per game.

Every defense is susceptible to something, and the cover 2 is no different. If you think our defense that was 3rd in points allowed, 1st in takeaways (with at least 9 more than everyone but NE) and top 10 in run defense, pass defense, sacks, 1st downs allowed, 3rd down percentage and penalties taken was the problem then I'm not sure we watched the same games. Without that D being as good as it was we wouldn't have been 10-6. We would have been 6-10. Or worse. Our defense got rolled once - against San Francisco. In case you aren't paying attention, that same team is the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl in a few weeks.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PredatorPeppers wrote:

1. There are routes that beat every coverage. That's football.

2. I know what your response is going to be: "well then mix up coverages!" Right, because the best QBs in the league don't know how to read coverages and just assume the Bears use the same coverage every play. Rolling Eyes

3. But I know what you want: change for the sake of change, like people who insist the Bears should switch to a 3-4.

4. Above all, if you truly believe the Bears played Cover 2/Tampa 2 on every down or nearly every down under Lovie, you're greatly mistaken. It has been well documented that they played a great deal of zone (and man during the Marinelli years) under Cover 1 and Cover 3 shells. Anybody who refuses to believe this just has no place debating it, because they're obviously much happier wallowing in sheer ignorance than accepting the truth.

Go back and look the threads following Bears/Pats, December 12, 2010 for this topic in detail, with a tremendous amount of stupidity topped off by wiscbearsfan schooling everybody (yes, my I have a knack for remembering these things).
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accurate of Tucker's D? http://www.scardraft.com/2gap43.html
CBears019

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:

Pretty sure that site belongs to a a Falcons poster on FF.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
No, this is 3 years old, not reflective of what Tucker has done.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
bears2308

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BonanzaHawk"]From a Jags site:

Quote:
Then came defensive coordinator Mel Tucker and his vanilla 4-3.
A vanilla 4-3 is majorly different from a 4-3 that uses its linebackers to blitz gaps between defensive tackles and defensive ends or other scheming to change matchups, create mismatches, and find advantages. Tucker’s version relies on strong play from his defensive personnel. His defense is reliant on strong pressure from the front four (defensive tackles and defensive ends) that free up the linebackers and secondary to make plays either due to good containment or a good pass rush.

Re-signing of Melton deemed imminent. Keep it going, Emery. I like.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bears2308"]
BonanzaHawk wrote:
From a Jags site:

Quote:
Then came defensive coordinator Mel Tucker and his vanilla 4-3.
A vanilla 4-3 is majorly different from a 4-3 that uses its linebackers to blitz gaps between defensive tackles and defensive ends or other scheming to change matchups, create mismatches, and find advantages. Tucker’s version relies on strong play from his defensive personnel. His defense is reliant on strong pressure from the front four (defensive tackles and defensive ends) that free up the linebackers and secondary to make plays either due to good containment or a good pass rush.

Re-signing of Melton deemed imminent. Keep it going, Emery. I like.

Slightly worried about this to be fair…Melton is from Texas…Marinelli just went to the Cowboys…Jerry Jones is known for giving out massive contracts…the Cowboys need a new UT for Kiffin’s scheme…the quicker he is resigned the more comfortable I will feel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: