Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Jets to name Marty Mornhinweg as OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Is Norv Turner not available?

The Browns snagged him.

Oh Damn! The Browns have a bright future i must say. Theyre a star WR a way from probably competing in the AFC North. The AFC north looks resume its supremacy as the best division in football.

A WR as Julio Jones!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't lie, I'd rather have Killa Cam. Good luck, Jetties!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this guy even in the league...

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, posts that are nothing more than an emoticon or a string of emoticons are not acceptable posts in this forum. We're here to discuss news and those type of posts contribute absolutely nothing constructive to the discussion.

If you're going to post, please contribute something of substance. This goes to EVERYBODY.

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
green24 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
While certainly not my first choice, I think the reaction here is a little over the top. I don't think Rex Ryan is going to allow it to get to the point where the pass/run ratio is where it was in Philly. If we're to believe anything Rex said, he's going to be more involved in all aspects of the Jets.

This hire shows Ryan is serious about ditching ground and pound, but I just can't see him going all the way to the other side of the spectrum either.

This move is secondary to a QB change, really. The Jets could have Bill Walsh calling plays, but it wouldn't matter given who the Jets QBs are at this point. I can't really judge anyone working with Sanchez at QB. It's all going to depend on who they bring in to be the QB. If its Vick, I'll be sorely disappointed.

AJ Feeley needs a job. I don't know that this particularly bodes well for the Jets enticing Alex Smith - though he does have a solid qorking knowledge of several varietal of the WCO. Could see a move for Matt Flynn, though Seattle's sitting in the dirver's seat there with all the leverage (since even eating a $4 million dead money cap hit to trade him, they still end up saving $3 million compared to what Flynn would count against the 2013 cap).

We just hired John Idzik as our GM, so I could easily see a trade for Matt Flynn.

Yeah, I just updated my post above with what I'd expect Flynn to cost. Just because a guy came from a front office doesn't mean he's going to get a friends and family discount. If anything, as we've seen with Belichick and Pioli, there's a kiss-the-ring sort of deference to the original team with the QB. And since the Jets aren't in a position to take on a salary-dump the way the Chiefs were with taking Vrabel off the Pats' hands (and saving the Pats somewhere between $5-7m that season), the makeup in compensation is very likely in the form of draft picks.

A swap of firsts? Shocked

That's a bit much for a guy that might not even see the field for Seattle. I was thinking maybe a 3rd, Sanchez, and maybe a late conditional 2014 pick for Flynn. That would cost Seattle a few million this year, but save them some money in 2014.

The only words that matter "potential franchise QB". Sanchez, with his salary, doesn't have trade value. He simply doesn't. Carson Palmer went for two 1st's and a 2nd. Matt Schaub for a swap of 1st's and two 2nd's. Charlie Whitehurst for a 2nd and a 3rd. Kevin Kolb for a former Top 15 pick still on his rookie deal (at a premium position) and a future 2nd. None of those guys were going to see the field any time soon and the QB classes were all stronger in the year's they were traded that this one.

You're not going to land ANY potential franchise QB in trade (particularly one who is young, under a very reasonable contract, and has at least some starting experience) for anything less than the equivalent of a 1st round pick. A swap of 1st's and a 3rd gives you exactly that and very similar value to the Whitehurst trade (a 3rd plus the value of a 2nd round pick - which is what it would cost by and large to move up from where the Hawks are picking at #25 to #9); perhaps a 4th or 5th round pick shy on the return from Seattle, but you pay a premium for premium positions like QB's - and the Whitehurst trade was the low end of the example spectrum.

wackywabbit wrote:
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
The only words that matter "potential franchise QB". Sanchez, with his salary, doesn't have trade value. He simply doesn't. Carson Palmer went for two 1st's and a 2nd. Matt Schaub for a swap of 1st's and two 2nd's. Charlie Whitehurst for a 2nd and a 3rd. Kevin Kolb for a former Top 15 pick still on his rookie deal (at a premium position) and a future 2nd. None of those guys were going to see the field any time soon and the QB classes were all stronger in the year's they were traded that this one.

You're not going to land ANY potential franchise QB in trade (particularly one who is young, under a very reasonable contract, and has at least some starting experience) for anything less than the equivalent of a 1st round pick. A swap of 1st's and a 3rd gives you exactly that and very similar value to the Whitehurst trade (a 3rd plus the value of a 2nd round pick - which is what it would cost by and large to move up from where the Hawks are picking at #25 to #9); perhaps a 4th or 5th round pick shy on the return from Seattle, but you pay a premium for premium positions like QB's - and the Whitehurst trade was the low end of the example spectrum.

Sanchez has NEGATIVE trade value. I understand that. However, I don't see why it would take a first round pick for a guy that we could have just signed in FA last season. He has started TWO games in his career and did not win the starting job this year. Why would the Seahawks not accept a third round pick for a guy that they are paying millions to sit on the bench?
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Sanchez has NEGATIVE trade value. I understand that. However, I don't see why it would take a first round pick for a guy that we could have just signed in FA last season. He has started TWO games in his career and did not win the starting job this year. Why would the Seahawks not accept a third round pick for a guy that they are paying millions to sit on the bench?

Simplest reason, because you didn't sign him last FA season. That's why. Seattle has all the leverage. Whenever the trade of a QB with franchise potential and a friendly contract is the case it is ALWAYS a seller's market, not a buyer's market. They have him under contract. He's not costing them an arm and a leg (a bit more than you'd prefer to pay a backup sure, but not crippling and they would have a sophomore QB ahead of him on the DC who has shown a tendency to run more than your average QB in a league where a run-happy rookie QB just did his knee and is in jeopardy to miss the next season).

But ultimately, their desire to sell is far exceeded by your desire to buy. that's why it costs a premium.

wackywabbit wrote:
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LOL team is back!

Thankyou Jets!

I really don't think this will work out for the Jets, but it will certainly work out for me! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Jets can't do anything right can they. If it wasn't for Rex Ryan's defense, they would be the worst team in the league next year.

We hired John Idzik. That's doing something right.
Hiring a cap guy at GM? That's not bad, but when an organization has no one that can evaluate talent, it makes no sense to me.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
The LOL team is back!

Thankyou Jets!

I really don't think this will work out for the Jets, but it will certainly work out for me! Laughing

Thank you for this useful post. Anyone who is a fan of 2 teams isn't a real fan.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
green24 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Jets can't do anything right can they. If it wasn't for Rex Ryan's defense, they would be the worst team in the league next year.

We hired John Idzik. That's doing something right.
Hiring a cap guy at GM? That's not bad, but when an organization has no one that can evaluate talent, it makes no sense to me.

Hes more than a cap guy.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to go over board on this hire. Let's face it, the Eagles just weren't that good, and it wasn't all Marty's fault. He is a very experienced play caller, and I think that is key. Everyone is saying he loves to pass too much, but with Rex known for wanting to run I think it will balance itself out just a bit.

The most important thing here isn't who we hired as OC, it's who we will have at QB.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically Sanchez could be done after next season. This wont help his growth. Unless the jets provide him with a good SC.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel so bad for the Jets... That franchise is downward spiralling into the ground! The only thing that would top it off is Jerry Angelo. Too bad...

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 10 when the WE WANT THE WIND thing happened. I remember my dad swearing up a storm Laughing

Probably the most angry he has even been at the Lions, and thats saying quite a lot.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: