Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Report: Jets to name Marty Mornhinweg as OC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

And another one...

N E W Y O R K J E T S
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

He's also a bad OC so....

Was a part of way more 10 offenses than the Jets have had in 12 years. I have watched a lot of Eagle games being in NJ, their offensive playcalling was better than anything the Jets had.

Andy Reid was the offensive playcalling of the eagles

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Andy scripted the first 15 plays, after that it was all Marty.

That explains why the first 15 were always usually the best Laughing

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Can someone please make an intelligent post as to why this is such a bad hire?
MM rarely makes mid-game play call adjustments that are successful. His 65/35 pass to run ratio will drive fans crazy. Passing on 3 or 4 consecutive 1st downs cause your drives to be put in long yardage situations more often than NFL offenses would like to be in. Abandoning the strength of a team (like RB screens with the Eagles, for example) befuddle people every game.

I understand the frustration of people laughing and you wanting an honest opinion of the man as an OC, but coming from an Eagle fan of over 10+ years, be prepared for the worst. To put it in the kindest of terms, we're happy he is no longer with the Eagles. Maybe one team's "trash" is another team's "treasure," but I would suggest not holding your breath while hoping for that to come true in this situation.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
MM rarely makes mid-game play call adjustments that are successful. His 65/35 pass to run ratio will drive fans crazy. Passing on 3 or 4 consecutive 1st downs cause your drives to be put in long yardage situations more often than NFL offenses would like to be in. Abandoning the strength of a team (like RB screens with the Eagles, for example) befuddle people every game.

I understand the frustration of people laughing and you wanting an honest opinion of the man as an OC, but coming from an Eagle fan of over 10+ years, be prepared for the worst. To put it in the kindest of terms, we're happy he is no longer with the Eagles. Maybe one team's "trash" is another team's "treasure," but I would suggest not holding your breath while hoping for that to come true in this situation.

I don't think the Jets have passed on first down once in the past decade.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Malik

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Lucky for us there are zero offensive strengths that can be neglected.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang

Steelerspower wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Was a part of way more 10 offenses than the Jets have had in 12 years. I have watched a lot of Eagle games being in NJ, their offensive playcalling was better than anything the Jets had.

Andy gave playcalling duties to Marty a long time ago.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Steelerspower

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
green24 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Andy scripted the first 15 plays, after that it was all Marty.

That explains why the first 15 were always usually the best Laughing

good point Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Lucky for us there are zero offensive strengths that can be neglected.

I think Bilal Powell is a pretty good back. Obviously he's no Shady McCoy, but I think he could be a solid 1,000+ yard back in this league.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:

He's good with quarterbacks. Whoever the Jets quarterback is, expect him to pass a lot more, and most likely he won't be too bad.

We've come to know Marty over the years. It's true, the Eagles offense was far from bad under his command as a whole. At first he was more of an assistant role, but when Reid was criticized heavily he gave the playcalling duties to Marty.

The biggest problem is run/pass ratio. Marty uses the run game as if it were just an "honorable mention". Like, "here's our offense, and oh, here's a run by the way." No commitment to it.

It makes the play call kind of predictable. Teams know you'll pass. And when you're not passing, you're doing some sort of off-tackle outside run. Sometimes the playcall can get creative, especially when your team has its back against the wall.

But again, he passes to set up the pass. He will call play action without having run the ball at all. Teams aren't tricked by play action when they know you aren't going to run.

Overall, I don't think he's a terrible coach by any stretch. He's more suited as a QB coach or QB mentor. Expect better QB play, and inefficient offense. You may have some great games beating up on inferior defenses, but from time to time you'll struggle to put many points on those same defenses as well.

Really hit or miss. You can basically tell what the offense is going to be by midway through the 1st quarter.

Unfortunately, so can the defense.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If hes so bad, why were the Eagles offenses consistently among the best?

The Jets had the most predictable offense in football last season with Sparano. We led the NFL in runs up the middle.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Phire and Eagles_808.

Even though Mornhinweg doesn't sound like a world-beater by any means, look at what the Jets have endured for the past 10 years. I really cannot fathom that he is worse than Sparano was.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Kal-El

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
Marty "WE WANT THE WIND" Mornhinweg

Laughing Laughing Laughing

*snip*

http://www.blacktable.com/loser030113.htm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

WOWWWWWW!!!!!!!! I never heard that story.

Just... wow.

Laughing
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
If hes so bad, why were the Eagles offenses consistently among the best?

The Jets had the most predictable offense in football last season with Sparano. We led the NFL in runs up the middle.

Well you'll lead the league in failed play action after the team will rarely run the ball.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:

Even though Mornhinweg doesn't sound like a world-beater by any means, look at what the Jets have endured for the past 10 years. I really cannot fathom that he is worse than Sparano was.

Most Jets fans 1 year ago in regards to Sparano....

Quote:
I really cannot fathom that he is worse than Brian Schottenheimer was.

Confused Cool
skrILL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Most Jets fans 1 year ago in regards to Sparano....

Quote:
I really cannot fathom that he is worse than Brian Schottenheimer was.

Confused Cool

Touche, touche. Honestly, looking back, Schottenheimer wasn't all that bad compared to Sparano. You know what they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

N E W Y O R K J E T S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: