Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns hire Ray Horton as DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coupled with the sadness of Lombardi and the sheer excitement of this hire I am going to happy hour tonight and I am going to get smashed Cool
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this from a Cardinals fan on Walter Football

Quote:
Horton's scheme is primarily a nickel D. Blitz-heavy 2-4-5 with the blitzes coming from anywhere and everywhere (think Rex Ryan's blitzes, though fewer overloads). Dan Williams barely saw the field for Arizona, but it wasn't because he wasn't any good or anything. Assuming he uses the same scheme with Cleveland, expect much of the same. And a-gap blitzes. Oh man, how he loves himself some a-gap blitzes.

I like this a lot. It really caters to what we have atm
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the hire, Browns fans! You guys sure got some big names signed this off-season!

BTW, per the Cardinals forum, Ray ran the Nickel around 40% of last season...pretty much was their base D.

(EDIT) - As above

Last edited by Yibbyl on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
CanaDawg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Coupled with the sadness of Lombardi and the sheer excitement of this hire I am going to happy hour tonight and I am going to get smashed Cool

I have read a lot of Browns posts today (at the expense of my employer) and I can declare unequivocally that this is by far the POTD!!!
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

Quote:
Horton's scheme is primarily a nickel D. Blitz-heavy 2-4-5 with the blitzes coming from anywhere and everywhere (think Rex Ryan's blitzes, though fewer overloads). Dan Williams barely saw the field for Arizona, but it wasn't because he wasn't any good or anything. Assuming he uses the same scheme with Cleveland, expect much of the same. And a-gap blitzes. Oh man, how he loves himself some a-gap blitzes.

Not the "5" part. We have Haden, Ward, and who are the other 3? If we keep Brown, then who are the other 2?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me>you wrote:
Good to get a DC who was getting HC interviews, even if they were only to satisfy the Rooney Rule. He runs a 3/4 hybrid, correct? I know he's a LeBeau disciple.

Does this mean me should expect some exotic defenses and lots of zone blitzes??

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CanaDawg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
brownie man wrote:
Cool I think we're going pass rusher this year.

Moore Werner or Mingo @ 6

If we go this route then, with this many available, maybe we can trade down and get back into the 2nd round.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

Quote:

Not the "5" part. We have Haden, Ward, and who are the other 3? If we keep Brown, then who are the other 2?

Every nickel defense needs those other 3. Regardless of what our base defense was we were going to need those other 3
Ether

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

Quote:

So our starting 2 linemen will be Rubin and Taylor with Hughes, Winn, and a far chance of Rucker subbing in?
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

Quote:

So our starting 2 linemen will be Rubin and Taylor with Hughes, Winn, and a far chance of Rucker subbing in?

That's my guess, it would make the most sense
Entropy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Entropy wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

Quote:

Every nickel defense needs those other 3. Regardless of what our base defense was we were going to need those other 3

Yes, and we need those other 3...and we may now need some different front 7 ( or 6) personnel as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Ether wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

Quote:

That's my guess, it would make the most sense

Parker is gonna be out then, he's too old at this point to convert. Sheards gonna switch. Stephens would probably be the only other DE on our roster who would stay on.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think he's getting 1m less than Chud!

Quote:
Ray gets paid. RT @Kyndra620: Horton contract w/ Browns 4 yrs $8 mil-says he's ecstatic bout going 2 CLE

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might end up having the highest paid assistants in sports
dawgdish

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our HC, OC, DC triumverate is the strongest it's been since we re-entered the league. Fingers crossed that the front office actually gets them players to work with. Man, if it wasn't for Lombardi I would be so stoked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: