Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns hire Ray Horton as DC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12313
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coupled with the sadness of Lombardi and the sheer excitement of this hire I am going to happy hour tonight and I am going to get smashed Cool
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TeHDruiD


Joined: 01 Jan 2010
Posts: 7060
Location: Canton, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this from a Cardinals fan on Walter Football

Quote:
Horton's scheme is primarily a nickel D. Blitz-heavy 2-4-5 with the blitzes coming from anywhere and everywhere (think Rex Ryan's blitzes, though fewer overloads). Dan Williams barely saw the field for Arizona, but it wasn't because he wasn't any good or anything. Assuming he uses the same scheme with Cleveland, expect much of the same. And a-gap blitzes. Oh man, how he loves himself some a-gap blitzes.


I like this a lot. It really caters to what we have atm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yibbyl


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2364
Location: Redding, CA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the hire, Browns fans! You guys sure got some big names signed this off-season!

BTW, per the Cardinals forum, Ray ran the Nickel around 40% of last season...pretty much was their base D.

(EDIT) - As above
_________________


Last edited by Yibbyl on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CanaDawg


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 688
Location: CanaDa
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Coupled with the sadness of Lombardi and the sheer excitement of this hire I am going to happy hour tonight and I am going to get smashed Cool


I have read a lot of Browns posts today (at the expense of my employer) and I can declare unequivocally that this is by far the POTD!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
I got this from a Cardinals fan on Walter Football

Quote:
Horton's scheme is primarily a nickel D. Blitz-heavy 2-4-5 with the blitzes coming from anywhere and everywhere (think Rex Ryan's blitzes, though fewer overloads). Dan Williams barely saw the field for Arizona, but it wasn't because he wasn't any good or anything. Assuming he uses the same scheme with Cleveland, expect much of the same. And a-gap blitzes. Oh man, how he loves himself some a-gap blitzes.


I like this a lot. It really caters to what we have atm


Not the "5" part. We have Haden, Ward, and who are the other 3? If we keep Brown, then who are the other 2?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2087
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me>you wrote:
Good to get a DC who was getting HC interviews, even if they were only to satisfy the Rooney Rule. He runs a 3/4 hybrid, correct? I know he's a LeBeau disciple.


Does this mean me should expect some exotic defenses and lots of zone blitzes??

Peace!!
_________________

Sig By Kempes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CanaDawg


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 688
Location: CanaDa
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
brownie man wrote:
Cool I think we're going pass rusher this year.


Moore Werner or Mingo @ 6


If we go this route then, with this many available, maybe we can trade down and get back into the 2nd round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TeHDruiD


Joined: 01 Jan 2010
Posts: 7060
Location: Canton, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:
I got this from a Cardinals fan on Walter Football

Quote:
Horton's scheme is primarily a nickel D. Blitz-heavy 2-4-5 with the blitzes coming from anywhere and everywhere (think Rex Ryan's blitzes, though fewer overloads). Dan Williams barely saw the field for Arizona, but it wasn't because he wasn't any good or anything. Assuming he uses the same scheme with Cleveland, expect much of the same. And a-gap blitzes. Oh man, how he loves himself some a-gap blitzes.


I like this a lot. It really caters to what we have atm


Not the "5" part. We have Haden, Ward, and who are the other 3? If we keep Brown, then who are the other 2?


Every nickel defense needs those other 3. Regardless of what our base defense was we were going to need those other 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 1982
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
I got this from a Cardinals fan on Walter Football

Quote:
Horton's scheme is primarily a nickel D. Blitz-heavy 2-4-5 with the blitzes coming from anywhere and everywhere (think Rex Ryan's blitzes, though fewer overloads). Dan Williams barely saw the field for Arizona, but it wasn't because he wasn't any good or anything. Assuming he uses the same scheme with Cleveland, expect much of the same. And a-gap blitzes. Oh man, how he loves himself some a-gap blitzes.


I like this a lot. It really caters to what we have atm


So our starting 2 linemen will be Rubin and Taylor with Hughes, Winn, and a far chance of Rucker subbing in?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TeHDruiD


Joined: 01 Jan 2010
Posts: 7060
Location: Canton, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:
I got this from a Cardinals fan on Walter Football

Quote:
Horton's scheme is primarily a nickel D. Blitz-heavy 2-4-5 with the blitzes coming from anywhere and everywhere (think Rex Ryan's blitzes, though fewer overloads). Dan Williams barely saw the field for Arizona, but it wasn't because he wasn't any good or anything. Assuming he uses the same scheme with Cleveland, expect much of the same. And a-gap blitzes. Oh man, how he loves himself some a-gap blitzes.


I like this a lot. It really caters to what we have atm


So our starting 2 linemen will be Rubin and Taylor with Hughes, Winn, and a far chance of Rucker subbing in?


That's my guess, it would make the most sense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Entropy wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:
I got this from a Cardinals fan on Walter Football

Quote:
Horton's scheme is primarily a nickel D. Blitz-heavy 2-4-5 with the blitzes coming from anywhere and everywhere (think Rex Ryan's blitzes, though fewer overloads). Dan Williams barely saw the field for Arizona, but it wasn't because he wasn't any good or anything. Assuming he uses the same scheme with Cleveland, expect much of the same. And a-gap blitzes. Oh man, how he loves himself some a-gap blitzes.


I like this a lot. It really caters to what we have atm


Not the "5" part. We have Haden, Ward, and who are the other 3? If we keep Brown, then who are the other 2?


Every nickel defense needs those other 3. Regardless of what our base defense was we were going to need those other 3


Yes, and we need those other 3...and we may now need some different front 7 ( or 6) personnel as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 1982
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
Ether wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:
I got this from a Cardinals fan on Walter Football

Quote:
Horton's scheme is primarily a nickel D. Blitz-heavy 2-4-5 with the blitzes coming from anywhere and everywhere (think Rex Ryan's blitzes, though fewer overloads). Dan Williams barely saw the field for Arizona, but it wasn't because he wasn't any good or anything. Assuming he uses the same scheme with Cleveland, expect much of the same. And a-gap blitzes. Oh man, how he loves himself some a-gap blitzes.


I like this a lot. It really caters to what we have atm


So our starting 2 linemen will be Rubin and Taylor with Hughes, Winn, and a far chance of Rucker subbing in?


That's my guess, it would make the most sense


Parker is gonna be out then, he's too old at this point to convert. Sheards gonna switch. Stephens would probably be the only other DE on our roster who would stay on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13419
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think he's getting 1m less than Chud!

Quote:
Ray gets paid. RT @Kyndra620: Horton contract w/ Browns 4 yrs $8 mil-says he's ecstatic bout going 2 CLE

_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 9176
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might end up having the highest paid assistants in sports
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dawgdish


Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 2344
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our HC, OC, DC triumverate is the strongest it's been since we re-entered the league. Fingers crossed that the front office actually gets them players to work with. Man, if it wasn't for Lombardi I would be so stoked.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group