Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 General Draft Prospect Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8077
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Palmy, what do you think of Knile Davis in general and in this fit?


His general set, body, and game are in line with Lacy. Clearly there is a good bit more red there though. Just like Lacy, I feel he can play the fit. But that's not to say the fit was made for his set to excel. Good player when healthy though. That's one that's in the Doc's hands at this point.
Really? I got more of the upright type runner feel from Davis, more of a "slasher" and more of a "grinder" feel from Lacy. I see Lacy as a poor mans Lynch and Davis in the Arian Foster mold. Maybe I am way off?
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31678
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hinkle wrote:


4.63 is what they have down right now on NFLdraft scout.com


No, it's not.

4.63 is their low estimate. 4.87 is their high estimate.

If you've ever watched him play, you know he's MUCH closer to the 4.87 than the 4.63. Especially on the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hinkle


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 594
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Hinkle wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Man alive you love your white OLBs


I would not go down that path friend. Respect that line of thinking a good bit less than what Hinkle is sayin right now.


Knew it was dumb the second I hit submit. Tried to delete it, but somebody responded to it before I could. Mad


Packers love their white linebackers too lol
Chillar
Hawk
Matthews
Zombo
Bryce Paup lol


This is a bad discussion to be having. There's 0 chance that race had anything to do with these guys being brought in. That said,

Chillar: brought in when we ran a 4-3
Hawk: brought in when we ran a 4-3
Matthews: Yes
Zombo: UDFA, not sure that says anything
Paup:??? Keeping it in this decade

We've now gotten Perry who was drafted in a similar slot to Matthews and Walden who was brought in the same way that Zombo was. There's 0 racial bias when the Packers choose OLBs or any other position.


Didn't say I was racial bias I'm just saying they love their white linebackers too. Hawk was 1st round Matthews was 1st round they played really well for us. Chillar was decent for us. Zombo wasn't doing to bad till his injurys. Paup he was good. I'm just saying we had some good ones. I mean Bishop is a beast! DJ Smith looked good till his injury. Perry has some work to do. Walden has his good moments. Moses could surprise. I'm cool with any linebacker. You started saying stuff about me liking white linebackers I just said Packers like them too.
_________________

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6495
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hinkle wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Hinkle wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Man alive you love your white OLBs


I would not go down that path friend. Respect that line of thinking a good bit less than what Hinkle is sayin right now.


Knew it was dumb the second I hit submit. Tried to delete it, but somebody responded to it before I could. Mad


Packers love their white linebackers too lol
Chillar
Hawk
Matthews
Zombo
Bryce Paup lol


This is a bad discussion to be having. There's 0 chance that race had anything to do with these guys being brought in. That said,

Chillar: brought in when we ran a 4-3
Hawk: brought in when we ran a 4-3
Matthews: Yes
Zombo: UDFA, not sure that says anything
Paup:??? Keeping it in this decade

We've now gotten Perry who was drafted in a similar slot to Matthews and Walden who was brought in the same way that Zombo was. There's 0 racial bias when the Packers choose OLBs or any other position.


Didn't say I was racial bias I'm just saying they love their white linebackers too. Hawk was 1st round Matthews was 1st round they played really well for us. Chillar was decent for us. Zombo wasn't doing to bad till his injurys. Paup he was good. I'm just saying we had some good ones. I mean Bishop is a beast! DJ Smith looked good till his injury. Perry has some work to do. Walden has his good moments. Moses could surprise. I'm cool with any linebacker. You started saying stuff about me liking white linebackers I just said Packers like them too.


It's just stupid that people are against comparing white and black players.

The comparisons for Thomas in that conversation were: Clay, Kerrigan, Reed, and Elmore. Clay and Thomas have almost nothing in common as players. Elmore makes a bit more sense, but even that's a stretch considering that Thomas is an ILB in the pros.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 8077
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we please drop it so that this thread can stay open?
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hinkle


Joined: 28 Apr 2008
Posts: 594
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chase Thomas is an OLB!
_________________

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13386
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting prospect alert:

Cody Davis is a S that played for Texas Tech. Four year starter. Freshman AA. Was Big 12 academic AA every year. NCAA academic last season. Had his graduate degree before his final season with the Red Raiders. At the regional combine was measured at 6'11/2" 205 and ran a 4.44, 4.35, and 4.42... had a 37 inch vert, and 10'6" broad jump. They listed him as a SS but he looks like he played high and low for them. Did make some big hits though.
Here's some videos he's put on youtube
Freshman highlights
Sophomore highlights
Shrine Game

http://www.youtube.com/user/TTUfirebird2008/videos?view=0&flow=grid
This guy has full games if you want to see some Texas Tech games on him.

Can Ricky Elmore play tight end?
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13386
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hinkle wrote:
Chase Thomas is an OLB!
I think CWood is on the boat with you. I could be totally wrong but I recall 1) him not being a fan 2) him saying he's a better OLB fit than ILB for us.
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6495
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hinkle wrote:
Chase Thomas is an OLB!


In college

Do you think he has the explosiveness to bull rush NFL tackles?
Do you think he has the flexibility or balance to turn the corner on NFL tackles?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6495
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Hinkle wrote:
Chase Thomas is an OLB!
I think CWood is on the boat with you. I could be totally wrong but I recall 1) him not being a fan 2) him saying he's a better OLB fit than ILB for us.


As of less than a month ago

CWood has Thomas ranked as the #9 MLB and the #12 OLB according to his thread. That may be outdated or not situated specifically to the Packers however.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13894
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Palmy, what do you think of Knile Davis in general and in this fit?


His general set, body, and game are in line with Lacy. Clearly there is a good bit more red there though. Just like Lacy, I feel he can play the fit. But that's not to say the fit was made for his set to excel. Good player when healthy though. That's one that's in the Doc's hands at this point.
Really? I got more of the upright type runner feel from Davis, more of a "slasher" and more of a "grinder" feel from Lacy. I see Lacy as a poor mans Lynch and Davis in the Arian Foster mold. Maybe I am way off?


The pad level will get fixed in no time at the next level. Remember Lacy has damn near had pro coaching already. Davis goes down a little more easy than Lacy but that's more of a base/balance difference than anything else. Very good natural runner there though. Probably a click above Lacy in most marks. Just a few big REDS holding him back and for good reason. Lot of Shaun Alexander in that kid though IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13894
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Hinkle wrote:


4.63 is what they have down right now on NFLdraft scout.com


No, it's not.

4.63 is their low estimate. 4.87 is their high estimate.

If you've ever watched him play, you know he's MUCH closer to the 4.87 than the 4.63. Especially on the field.


Best on record for the kid as of today was out of a Nike camp in high school and he ran 4.81 @ 209lbs. I highly doubt he got a great deal faster with 30+ more pounds on his frame. It can happen, but there is nothing in this one that tells me it did.

I'm a Thomas guy. Just not willing to sell him as something he is not.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13386
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
justo wrote:
Hinkle wrote:
Chase Thomas is an OLB!
I think CWood is on the boat with you. I could be totally wrong but I recall 1) him not being a fan 2) him saying he's a better OLB fit than ILB for us.


As of less than a month ago

CWood has Thomas ranked as the #9 MLB and the #12 OLB according to his thread. That may be outdated or not situated specifically to the Packers however.
Makes since. I knew he wasn't a Thomas guy. Must have mixed him up on the second part.
_________________
Webmaster wrote:
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ChaRisMa


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 7259
Location: @_G_Tom
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Chase Thomas to come out last year so we could take him with our first. I still want him. I think he immediately becomes our 5th LB inside or out. Cross train him--more reps--then replace Hawk in a year or two with him.

OR--Im watching for this in April--Draft Thomas as a piece for a 4-3 package.

Thomas-Raji-Worthy-Perry
Mathews-Bishop-Hawk

Good mix of young pass rushers with penetrating run stoppers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6495
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
I wanted Chase Thomas to come out last year so we could take him with our first. I still want him. I think he immediately becomes our 5th LB inside or out. Cross train him--more reps--then replace Hawk in a year or two with him.

OR--Im watching for this in April--Draft Thomas as a piece for a 4-3 package.

Thomas-Raji-Worthy-Perry
Mathews-Bishop-Hawk

Good mix of young pass rushers with penetrating run stoppers.


Pretty sure the 43 package would be:

Clay-Raji-Worthy-Perry
Thomas-Bishop-Hawk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 47 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group