Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 General Draft Prospect Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
justo wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:
Usually money messes people up.
I think most people are already messed up, they just finally have the means to act in such fashion.
Money/power reveals character TBH.

Character reveals character.

So Sam McGuffie ran a 4.28 at the regional Shocked
Also Zach Anderson a 278 DE from Northern Michigan ran a 4.6..

These pictures within pictures within pictures always make me feel uncomfortable. I stared at that for a solid 90 seconds...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:
Anybody have a breakdown of Jonathan Hankins, John Jenkins, and Jesse Williams? In my first round mock I just posted all three were sitting there and I was a bit unsure on their differences

Hankins and Jenkins both come from the same mold but I like Hankins body a good bit more. Both are pure power pigs with better than average movement at scale but nothing special there.

Williams is a little different. He lacks the upside of the other two but plays hard as hell and feels very safe. If I was drafting from a POV of having poor team leadership in house, Williams might be my guy.

I think I would draft them in this Packers fit in the same order you have them listed as it stands today though. Jenkins might have the most upside but he could also eat his way off the field for needed reps. Hankins looks to be the best combo of upside and safe.

My faith in the staff/team leadership would hold a premium in the order I had them on my board though. Put a man like Jenkins in Balt and ya might have a future All-Pro. Know what I mean?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
chillparsi1 wrote:
Anybody have a breakdown of Jonathan Hankins, John Jenkins, and Jesse Williams? In my first round mock I just posted all three were sitting there and I was a bit unsure on their differences

Hankins and Jenkins both come from the same mold but I like Hankins body a good bit more. Both are pure power pigs with better than average movement at scale but nothing special there.

Williams is a little different. He lacks the upside of the other two but plays hard as hell and feels very safe. If I was drafting from a POV of having poor team leadership in house, Williams might be my guy.

I think I would draft them in this Packers fit in the same order you have them listed as it stands today though. Jenkins might have the most upside but he could also eat his way off the field for needed reps. Hankins looks to be the best combo of upside and safe.

My faith in the staff/team leadership would hold a premium in the order I had them on my board though. Put a man like Jenkins in Balt and ya might have a future All-Pro. Know what I mean?
Yea I see what you're saying. Do you think we would ever realistically look at Jenkins or Hankins then? If they're pure power pigs with limited movement, would it just be overkill with Raji already on board? Or do you think having someone who is a strict space eating NT would give us some interesting flexibility?

Stone65 with the sig!
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillparsi1 wrote:
Yea I see what you're saying. Do you think we would ever realistically look at Jenkins or Hankins then? If they're pure power pigs with limited movement, would it just be overkill with Raji already on board? Or do you think having someone who is a strict space eating NT would give us some interesting flexibility?

Well, Capers does like to play big on the left side of the DL in base, and Pickett's a free agent after this season (and unlikely to be retained given his age), and TT does have a habit of filling holes in the draft the year before they open up, so I could very much see one of those guys getting a long, hard look come draft day.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a tough one for me. Jenkins and Hankins are in the same tier on my board right now and I have Williams in the next tier after that. One could make a damn strong case for any of the three to tell the truth though.

In Green Bay, I'm not so sure the strongest case could not be made for Williams the more I think about it. The Packers can't miss here with all the contracts coming up on the DL. Williams would give ya more reps than the other two would as well.

Don't know man, glad that's not my call. LIS, they all grade out very close. I'm not a Jenkins guy, but I could see the pros and cons for all three.

EDIT: I don't want that to come off the wrong way. Jenkins graded out well for me and there are more than enough guys in our room that like him. Just not a mold I'm in love with from a fans POV. Kid graded to part though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'm trying to get back into scouting after 2 years of being awol (by my standards) on the draft!

Stone65 with the sig!
KManX89

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
chillparsi1 wrote:

I guess I'd be content with one of either Hankins, Williams or Jenkins, my only concern with all 3 is they don't provide much in the way of pass-rush (Hankins leads all 3 with 5 sacks in 3 seasons at Ohio, which is quite telling). They're all great for eating up blockers and stopping the run, but like Pickett, aren't that great in terms of rushing the quarterback, at least when you look at their college tape. I'd prefer a defensive lineman who is great at doing all 3, like a Kawann Short or Sylvester Williams (I would include Star in this list, but we all know there's no way in hell we'll be able to snag him on DD, so I immediately excluded him). We could certainly use another Cullen Jenkins-type sack man on the DL, just my take.

But I'd like to know: how would you guys feel about trading Tramon for a 2nd or 3rd (probably to Tampa, who could actually use 2 starting Corners, LOL) and drafting Xavier Rhodes in the 2nd round, IF he's there (which sadly, I could now see the Niners using their 32nd pick on him, so he might not be there for us at all)? Guy oozes complete shutdown corner when you look at his intangibles. A 6'2", 216 pound, hard-hitting corner who's great at press coverage AND CAN ACTUALLY TACKLE, everyone knows we could use a guy or 2 like that in the backfield. Tramon... I dunno, I guess he's a capable coverage back (21 PD, but not a single INT that didn't come against our good pal, Jay Cutler, which is a bit of a red flag if you ask me), but he's just too much of a liability in terms of tackling, especially RBs (I fear his shoulder may never be 100%), which was part of the reason Kaep and AP kept running all over us (that and we kept no one in the middle of the field to "spy" Kaep in the Divisional game). Yes, I know there's a learning curve to be had, as with any rookie Corner, but Shields and Hayward could be more than capable starting Corners with Rhodes being "eased" in methinks (and possibly him or Hayward playing slot).
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 227 guys on m big board as of now. The first tier of talent drops off at like 6 this year.
svp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 what?
first 6 picks?

ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
6 what?
first 6 picks?

After his top 6 players.

Which is pretty normal actually. Usually there are 2-3 elite prospects with a few very good ones, then the ones that deserve first round grades.

Sig brought to you by Justo
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Damontre Moore
3. Luke Joeckel
4. Jarvis Jones
5. Dee Milliner
6. Chance Warmack

Although for Green Bay Warmack is in the teens. Those six guys I see being Plus players at some point. Rare guys. Milliner the least of them.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
I have 227 guys on m big board as of now. The first tier of talent drops off at like 6 this year.

My 1st tier is at 2. Could drop to 1 depending on the combine.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Jones?
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

I'll bite. Who ya got?
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Jones?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 51 of 99

Jump to: