Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 General Draft Prospect Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motorcycle wrote:
Does anyone have any tips for preparing for the draft? I didn't watch much college games during the season, but thought if I started now I could get a 150 big board and positional rankings by April.

I was thinking looking at nfldraftscout and getting the top 10 at each position then erasing the round grade and then alphabetise the names so not to influence my rankings. Then scout at least 3 games for each player, make notes, then develop positional rankings, then make into a big board.

Anybody have any advice please?

Without watching most of these players, there really isn't a good way that's not just taking a sort of group think from sources you trust who have watched them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
motorcycle wrote:
Does anyone have any tips for preparing for the draft? I didn't watch much college games during the season, but thought if I started now I could get a 150 big board and positional rankings by April.

I was thinking looking at nfldraftscout and getting the top 10 at each position then erasing the round grade and then alphabetise the names so not to influence my rankings. Then scout at least 3 games for each player, make notes, then develop positional rankings, then make into a big board.

Anybody have any advice please?

Without watching most of these players, there really isn't a good way that's not just taking a sort of group think from sjources you trust who have watched them.
I think the YouTube full game cut ups are great and there's a ton out there. Aaron aloyious or whatever his name is has over a hundred out at least. Good way to watch guys.
motorcycle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I was thinking youtube cutups (not highlights!) or downloading full games from players that aren't on the cutups yet.

the youtube cutupperers I have found at youtube are:
user/MetaDraft
user/ssekyung7
user/JMPasq
user/JPDraftJedi
user/JmpasqDraftjedi

then you can search their channels for players names Smile
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rating my draft crushes as of now:

1. Alec Ogletree: The more I watch him, the more I realize I was pathetically incorrect in my original analysis. I want him in green. Upgrading Hawk would do this defense wonders in my opinion, especially with the young talent we have on the line and in the secondary. Speed, athleticism, awareness, intangibles by all accounts, and the mindset. I'm guessing he'll go top-15 by April, but if he falls and we pick him up at 26? Oh gosh.

2. Kenny Vaccaro: I believe he has what it takes to line up opposite of Burnett. But how much of an upgrade would he be immediately? The safety position is the toughest in Capers' defense and I question whether we'd be better off with giving the reps to McMillan and Jennings going forward with the hope that one busts out. Then again, another playmaker in the secondary? Yeesh. Vaccaro, Burnett, Shields, Hayward, House, and Williams would be nasty.

3. DeAndre Hopkins: I don't like him at 26 per se, but mid-second round this guy would be dynamite. He'll be hell with Cobb in Mac's system. Great instincts after the catch, something that one NEEDS in this fit, in addition to consistent hands and big-play ability. I'm not sure what he can do out on the perimeter, but I think the tools are there.

4. Sharrif Floyd: Had him as my number one in my original mock. I think this guy will be another coming of Cullen Jenkins. He can add some size to that frame I'm guessing and would be another body on the line, especially at five-tech where Pickett is aging and CJ offers nothing in the pass rush.

5. Kevin Reddick:Probably my favorite mid-round prospect [3-4] right now. Has the athleticism and instincts to be paired with Bishop. Again, I hope we address ILB in this draft. Reddick could be of great value for us at some point in the mid-rounds.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some of my favorite Packers prospects, not all of these guys are round 1:

Keenan Allen - WR - California
I don't think he'll be there, but if he is, I'd love to see him in Green Bay

Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
Flexible, smooth, good receiver, solid blocker, he would add a moving part MM could do a ton with

Barrett Jones - C - Alabama
I'm OK rolling forward with EDS, but Jones just sounds like a Packers type guy to me and has a ton more upside.

Tony Jefferson - S - Oklahoma
My favorite S prospect in this class for the Packers

Stepfan Taylor - RB - Stanford
Perfect 3 down RB for the Packers offense. Can run or stay on the field in passing downs, maybe the best blocking college RB I've seen

Chase Thomas - LB - Stanford
I see him as a swing OLB/ILB guy on this defense

Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
Smooth route runner, looks like he could play all the WR spots
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not like chase Thomas. I don't see a real fluid athlete there. Don't see much upside.
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I do not like chase Thomas. I don't see a real fluid athlete there. Don't see much upside.

I see him as a 4th round swing LB. Not a ton of upside but a solid depth type player.
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

motorcycle wrote:
Thanks. I was thinking youtube cutups (not highlights!) or downloading full games from players that aren't on the cutups yet.

the youtube cutupperers I have found at youtube are:
user/MetaDraft
user/ssekyung7
user/JMPasq
user/JPDraftJedi
user/JmpasqDraftjedi

then you can search their channels for players names Smile

I'm starting to cut videos with some of those guys Laughing Anyone want any cuts from the ASU/Navy bowl game or the Oregon/K State bowl game? I'll probably cut a lot of the all star games too.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnesdude41 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I have a couple of favs in round one:

DE Margus Hunt-gonna test very well, has some phenomenal natural skills, but real raw yet. Coaching and a few more pounds could turn him into that stud do-it-all DE we've been looking for

ILB Alec Ogletree-a bit of a wildcard, but love his aggressiveness and skill set. Good blitzer and quite athletic and LAYS DA WOOD! His big issue appears to be proper gap filling, which is a problem in a 3-4, but it is a coachable issue.

If we trade back into top of round 2:

ILB Kevin Minter-not as dynamic as Ogletree, but a very sound player overall. Was absolutely all over the field for LSU.

TE Tyler Eifert-not a big fan of a TE in round one, but in the top/middle of round 2, he has legitimate value to GB as a very good pass catcher.

With you on that. I think a 2 tight end set with him and finley could be pretty scary for other teams. Then get all crazy n put cobb in the back field.. Shocked

That would be unreal...
justo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

DE Margus Hunt-gonna test very well, has some phenomenal natural skills, but real raw yet. Coaching and a few more pounds could turn him into that stud do-it-all DE we've been looking for

ILB Alec Ogletree-a bit of a wildcard, but love his aggressiveness and skill set. Good blitzer and quite athletic and LAYS DA WOOD! His big issue appears to be proper gap filling, which is a problem in a 3-4, but it is a coachable issue.

ILB Kevin Minter-not as dynamic as Ogletree, but a very sound player overall. Was absolutely all over the field for LSU.

TE Tyler Eifert-not a big fan of a TE in round one, but in the top/middle of round 2, he has legitimate value to GB as a very good pass catcher.

With you on that. I think a 2 tight end set with him and finley could be pretty scary for other teams. Then get all crazy n put cobb in the back field.. Shocked

That would be unreal...

IIRC that's why we went with Rudolph in FFMD. Is Nelson/Jennings/Grant/Rudolph/Finley a spread pass or heavy run formation? Run no huddle and the defense has to go with what they have on the field.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
cpnesdude41 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

That would be unreal...

IIRC that's why we went with Rudolph in FFMD. Is Nelson/Jennings/Grant/Rudolph/Finley a spread pass or heavy run formation? Run no huddle and the defense has to go with what they have on the field.

Beat them through the air if they're in base, unleash the RB if they're in nickel.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complete list of Underclassmen declaring for you perusal courtesy of the NFP.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Record-number-73-underclassmen-granted-draft-eligibility.html

Quote:
1 Allen, Keenan WR California
2 Amerson, David DB North Carolina State
3 Bailey, Alvin G Arkansas
4 Bailey, Stedman WR West Virginia
5 Bakhtiari, David T Colorado
6 Beckford, Dwayne LB Purdue
7 Bell, Le’Veon RB Michigan State
8 Bernard, Giovani RB North Carolina
9 Bray, Tyler QB Tennessee
10 Brown, Terrence DB Stanford
11 Carter, Duron WR Ohio State
12 Davis, Knile RB Arkansas
13 Edwards, Mike DB Hawaii
14 Elam, Matt DB Florida
15 Ertz, Zach TE Stanford
16 Escobar, Gavin TE San Diego State
17 Faulk, Chris T Louisiana State
18 Floyd, Sharrif DT Florida
19 Ford, Michael RB Louisiana State
20 Frederick, Travis C Wisconsin
21 Geathers, Kwame NT Georgia
22 Gholston, William DE Michigan State
23 Hankins, Johnathan DT Ohio State
24 Harley, Jajuan DB Middle Tennessee
25 Hopkins, DeAndre WR Clemson
26 Hunter, Justin WR Tennessee
27 Jamison, Jawan RB Rutgers
28 Jefferson, Stefphon RB Nevada
29 Jefferson, Tony DB Oklahoma
30 Jenkins, Jelani LB Florida
31 Joeckel, Luke T Texas A&M
32 Jones, Jarvis LB Georgia
33 Jose, Jose DT Central Florida
34 Kruger, Joe DE Utah
35 Lacy, Eddie RB Alabama
36 Lattimore, Marcus RB South Carolina
37 Lemonier, Corey DE Auburn
38 Logan, Bennie DT Louisiana State
39 Maponga, Stansly DE Texas Christian
40 Mathieu, Tyrann DB Louisiana State
41 Milliner, Dee DB Alabama
42 Mingo, Barkevious DE Louisiana State
43 Minter, Kevin LB Louisiana State
44 Montgomery, Sam DE Louisiana State
45 Moore, Brandon DT Texas
46 Moore, Damontre DE Texas A&M
47 Ogletree, Alec LB Georgia
48 Patterson, Cordarrelle WR Tennessee
49 Randle, Bradley RB Nevada-Las Vegas
50 Randle, Joseph RB Oklahoma State
51 Reed, Jordan TE Florida
52 Reid, Eric DB Louisiana State
53 Reid, Greg DB Florida State
54 Rhodes, Xavier DB Florida State
55 Richardson, Sheldon DT Missouri
56 Robey, Nickell DB Southern California
57 Ryan, Logan DB Rutgers
58 Sanders, Ace WR South Carolina
59 Sentimore, Darrington DT Tennessee
60 Simon, Tharold DB Louisiana State
61 Sims, Dion TE Michigan State
62 Spence, Akeem DT Illinois
63 Stills, Kenny WR Oklahoma
64 Toilolo, Levine TE Stanford
65 Ware, Spencer RB Louisiana State
66 Watson, Menelik T Florida State
67 Werner, Bjoern DE Florida State
68 Williams, Steve DB California
69 Wilson, Marquess WR Washington State
70 Wing, Brad P Louisiana State
71 Wood, Cierre RB Notre Dame
72 Woods, Robert WR Southern California
73 Wort, Tom LB Oklahoma
justo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
Quote:
Shocked
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
Quote:
Shocked
The Exodus is here.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like Line from SMU in a Kuhn-like role.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 2 of 99

Jump to: