Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bruce Arians Staff Thread; Updated Page 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously if Arians is going to do EVERYTHING himself offensively, all the playcalling, game planning, play design, film study, player usage, why would we even hire an offensive coordinator?

This hire of Harold Goodwin boggles the mind. He'll be an offensive line coach (Because that's all he can do) but with a 400-500K raise, minimum. That's all this is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hire makes sure Bruce never loses the right to call plays.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Seriously if Arians is going to do EVERYTHING himself offensively, all the playcalling, game planning, play design, film study, player usage, why would we even hire an offensive coordinator?

This hire of Harold Goodwin boggles the mind. He'll be an offensive line coach (Because that's all he can do) but with a 400-500K raise, minimum. That's all this is.

Maybe Arians wants to groom Goodwin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Maybe Arians wants to groom Goodwin

Arizona does not have the luxury to groom new coaches. They have other digger thing they need to do.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to side with Boise.

Head coaches nowadays last an average of 5 years (Something like 4.7). That's it and to even reach that you have to win some games and show some progress (Arians himself only has a guaranteed 4 year deal). How is Goodwin as the offensive coordinator going to do that?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO he'll just be in the booth relaying coverages and such.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

And how exactly is he qualified to do that? He's got no experience diagnosing or recognizing opposing teams coverages for NFL teams. He's never worked with the quarterbacks or wide receivers to who that information pertains and he's never worked with the defense. He's an offensive line coach.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

And how exactly is he qualified to do that? He's got no experience diagnosing or recognizing opposing teams coverages for NFL teams. He's never worked with the quarterbacks or wide receivers to who that information pertains and he's never worked with the defense. He's an offensive line coach.

We really don't know if he can read coverages or not...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

We really don't know if he can read coverages or not...

Exactly my point.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I'm still stuck of Harold Goodwin as the offensive coordinator. The man has absolutely zero qualifications for this job. He's been the primary offensive line coach for 1 season and an assistant line coach/quality control coach for 5, how in the world does that qualify him to be an offensive coordinator? Play calling/game plan experience? None. Quarterback experience? None. Running back experience? None. Wide receiver or tight end experience? None. He has no freakin business being this team's offensive coordinator.

Bruce shouldn't have even hired an offensive coordinator to be totally honest. It'd accomplish the same thing and we'd save about half a million bucks that could be spent elsewhere. This is totally pointless.

He is just a yes man who will stay out of arians way and his role will be just to put the offensive line scheme in place araians wants without having to waste his own time on it. Basically he just gave his boy a nice raise and cool title
TBus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
I'm still stuck of Harold Goodwin as the offensive coordinator. The man has absolutely zero qualifications for this job. He's been the primary offensive line coach for 1 season and an assistant line coach/quality control coach for 5, how in the world does that qualify him to be an offensive coordinator? Play calling/game plan experience? None. Quarterback experience? None. Running back experience? None. Wide receiver or tight end experience? None. He has no freakin business being this team's offensive coordinator.

Bruce shouldn't have even hired an offensive coordinator to be totally honest. It'd accomplish the same thing and we'd save about half a million bucks that could be spent elsewhere. This is totally pointless.

He is just a yes man who will stay out of arians way and his role will be just to put the offensive line scheme in place araians wants without having to waste his own time on it. Basically he just gave his boy a nice raise and cool title

Arians doesn't seem to be a guy that wants alot of "yes" men around so don't know if I agree with that part but the rest I do. Arians is "the guy" on offense. We weren't going to get a strong personality at that position we all knew that. We get a guy that our new coach trusts and an additional oline coach with a bigger title/raise. No problem with this hire because it was completely expected.

^^^Props to Deeeej^^^
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBus wrote:
Arians doesn't seem to be a guy that wants alot of "yes" men around so don't know if I agree with that part but the rest I do. Arians is "the guy" on offense. We weren't going to get a strong personality at that position we all knew that. We get a guy that our new coach trusts and an additional oline coach with a bigger title/raise. No problem with this hire because it was completely expected.

1 - Neither did Whis, but we know damn well that Mike Miller was a "Yes Man" at OC for him.

2 - This is a hire that basically ensures that if things go awry with Arians we canoot say, hand over playcalling to X or Y on staff because we will truly have nobody else capable of doing it.

Honestly this is making a mockery of the whole "We didn't like his staff" excuse put out there for Ray. I would much, much, much rather have had Kirby Wilson than this guy as the OC.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just continues to go back to the way Ken Whisenhunt ran things. It does. He was bashed by 90% of the posters here for hiring a quote "puppet offensive coordinator" in Mike Miller and now Arians is hiring an offensive coordinator who isn't that. He's nothing. I like that we're going to have a bunch of eyes and ears on the offensive line, I love it in fact but the offensive coordinator position is so much more than that. Hiring Harold Goodwin for that position is just sickening. He's got no background, no qualifications and no reason to be in that title.

All this does it make me further question why we fired Ken Whisenhunt.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had hopes for Arians putting together a good staff. All I see right now are jobs for buddies.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His offensive coordinator was a quality control coach 1 year ago, his RBs coach was out of football last year. That's 2 of 3 guys he's rumored to be hiring. Talk about ridiculous.

LOL and as you mentioned, people were trashing Ray for his reported staff. What a joke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: