Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Lombardi - New VP of Player Personnel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 6977
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
The thing that bothers me the most about hiring Lombardi is that I like the other high level hirings.

Not wild about Chud, but Chud + Turner + Horton = Very solid.

Lombardi seems like a red-haired step child added to the mix, and I can't make heads or tails of it in comparison to the other hirings.


Are you not offended by the sham "process to find the right guy"? Or does Banner get the free pass that you never gave Holmgren?


Holmgren was a highly paid putz.

Banner might well be, too. I don't know, and am trying to figure it out.

I just can't reconcile what I consider a solid team with the rest of the picks with Lombardi, who's track record sucks.

Part of me is thinking: Ok, the rest are ok, so this one must be, too.

But Lombardi? What in the hell has he ever done right to merit this kind of a job?



How come you are waiting on Banner but pounced right on Holmgren and didn't give him a chance?


Because Holmgren was a putz from day one...no question in my mind about it.

Banner. at least, has given us Chud, Turner and Horton.

More than a little better and lot less crony than Shurmur, Shurmur and Jauron.

I still wonder what Holmgren's "take" was on those decisions.


Or, perhaps more correctly, his "cut" from those and all the LaMonte clients that followed.

I firmly believe that was one reason why he was so summarily dismissed.

Another conundrum: I get why would Haslam/Banner reacted so negatively to Holmgren's agent feeding hires. But why not Haslam with one that seems to have no basis except an experience at a place far away, in a time long ago?
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 6977
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
bruceb wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
bruceb wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bruceb wrote:
The thing that bothers me the most about hiring Lombardi is that I like the other high level hirings.

Not wild about Chud, but Chud + Turner + Horton = Very solid.

Lombardi seems like a red-haired step child added to the mix, and I can't make heads or tails of it in comparison to the other hirings.


Are you not offended by the sham "process to find the right guy"? Or does Banner get the free pass that you never gave Holmgren?


Holmgren was a highly paid putz.

Banner might well be, too. I don't know, and am trying to figure it out.

I just can't reconcile what I consider a solid team with the rest of the picks with Lombardi, who's track record sucks.

Part of me is thinking: Ok, the rest are ok, so this one must be, too.

But Lombardi? What in the hell has he ever done right to merit this kind of a job?



How come you are waiting on Banner but pounced right on Holmgren and didn't give him a chance?


Because Holmgren was a putz from day one...no question in my mind about it.

Banner. at least, has given us Chud, Turner and Horton.

More than a little better and lot less crony than Shurmur, Shurmur and Jauron.

I still wonder what Holmgren's "take" was on those decisions.


Or, perhaps more correctly, his "cut" from those and all the LaMonte clients that followed.

I firmly believe that was one reason why he was so summarily dismissed.

Another conundrum: I get why would Haslam/Banner reacted so negatively to Holmgren's agent feeding hires. But why not Haslam with one that seems to have no basis except an experience at a place far away, in a time long ago?


Why did none of of these so-called high league sources that reportedly said "if you can get him, get him" never take him somewhere along the way?
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 26363
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to his interview on WKNR... Weed's is gone
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zelbell


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 8284
Location: Columbus
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Listening to his interview on WKNR... Weed's is gone


Well thats just great....starting over at QB once again....what else is new Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31372
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Listening to his interview on WKNR... Weed's is gone


Well thats just great....starting over at QB once again....what else is new Crying or Very sad


well everything else has been restarted, why have a new coaching staff and etc and not allow them to get a QB they want. I would love to see what Weeden can do but im not gonna get made if he is gone.

Coaches and QBs are too important, specially for one another. I would like Chud to use the QB he wants, if he doesnt want Weeden so be it. Just wonder what QB he wants...

Good job tom heckert ...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BrownieTheElf


Joined: 07 Jan 2006
Posts: 8468
Location: Erie, PA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Listening to his interview on WKNR... Weed's is gone


Give us a quote por favor?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Lombardi needs to make the all important correct decision at 6 to start winning over the skeptics.

The way I see it, that shouldn't be too hard not to get wrong.

Star Lotulelei - YES
Damontre Moore - Like him
Jarvis Jones - Like him but obviously medical concerns
Dee Miliner - Best corner in the draft but more of a zone guy than man.
Chance Warmack - Maybe the best player in the draft. Beast.
Bjoern Werner - Ok but doesn't suit us I think.
Barkavious Mingo - Love his potential as a 34 OLB, maybe with a trade back.

Considering Geno and Joeckel should both likely be gone before we pick, at least 4 of the above will be on the board at #6. No excuses for us not to come out of the first round with a player we have graded out highly and feel good about it.


FIFY

Jordon has a Torn Labrum and Playing Weight issues.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131332/dion-jordan
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/kenjon-barner-dion-jordan-starred-oregon-nfl-challenge-013658726--nfl.html
Double redflags
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 26363
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Listening to his interview on WKNR... Weed's is gone


Give us a quote por favor?


It wasn't what was said, it was what wasn't said. Rizzo asked him straight up (paraphrasing here)

'There has been a lot made of the fact that the new staff has been given ample opportunity to say anything positive regarding Brandon Weeden but nothing has been said. What do you think of Brandon?'

Lombardi- 'we are reviewing all our players'

Effectively, Rizzo gave him a softball to say anything nice about Weeden (Good arm, strong in the pocket, lots of potential, any catchphrase or cliche he wanted) and Lombardi blew it off completely. He's so far gone from Weeden he wont even say the standard lines about him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13419
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
Listening to his interview on WKNR... Weed's is gone


Give us a quote por favor?


It wasn't what was said, it was what wasn't said. Rizzo asked him straight up (paraphrasing here)

'There has been a lot made of the fact that the new staff has been given ample opportunity to say anything positive regarding Brandon Weeden but nothing has been said. What do you think of Brandon?'

Lombardi- 'we are reviewing all our players'

Effectively, Rizzo gave him a softball to say anything nice about Weeden (Good arm, strong in the pocket, lots of potential, any catchphrase or cliche he wanted) and Lombardi blew it off completely. He's so far gone from Weeden he wont even say the standard lines about him.


Ugh.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

context: Has Chud or Turner even reviewed Weeden's tape or spoke to him?

After all Weeden is miles better than DA and Chud worked miracles with him.
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 26363
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
context: Has Chud or Turner even reviewed Weeden's tape or spoke to him?


well, I hope Turner has given that he had to play against Weeden. But as to Chud or speaking to him, who knows.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9372
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
context: Has Chud or Turner even reviewed Weeden's tape or spoke to him?


well, I hope Turner has given that he had to play against Weeden. But as to Chud or speaking to him, who knows.

I just saw a brief clip from Chud, and he did say that he has already spent time with Weeden.
_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6261
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been pretty clear to me that we are moving on from Weeden. I doubt hes on the team next year. Chud hasn't said anything about him either.

I mean why would anyone who hasn't invested anything in him be excited by him? He will be 30 years old by game 5 next year and has shown almost nothing. Why take a risk on a 30 year old project when you can easily move on and nobody will blame you.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Productiondawg


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 409
Location: Cincinnati
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Its been pretty clear to me that we are moving on from Weeden. I doubt hes on the team next year. Chud hasn't said anything about him either.

I mean why would anyone who hasn't invested anything in him be excited by him? He will be 30 years old by game 5 next year and has shown almost nothing. Why take a risk on a 30 year old project when you can easily move on and nobody will blame you.


If Weeden isn't on the team next year I'd be surprised. There simply isn't that much out there that would be an improvement. I could possibly see Alex Smith coming in if he's released but that seems like a stop gap move that wouldn't need to happen if Weeden is kept. I hope the brass thinks Weeden is good enough until their guy comes in the draft. I also hope their guy isn't in this draft.
_________________
"If you can't stand the neural activity, than stay out of the neural activator" -Professor Fink  

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StewieRules


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 1642
Location: jacksonville
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lombardi's opinions on recently drafted players, plus his dubious draft record overall combine to mean one thing - we're screwed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group