Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Lombardi - New VP of Player Personnel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20087
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only hope is that he doesn't have final draft say, which I think he won't.

I still believe we hire a TRUE GM and this is just a clown signing.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 7200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
My only hope is that he doesn't have final draft say, which I think he won't.

I still believe we hire a TRUE GM and this is just a clown signing.


Yeah this is my hope too. Hoping Banner hired him because they are buddy buddy and they will hire a true personnel guy.
_________________

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
My only hope is that he doesn't have final draft say, which I think he won't.

I still believe we hire a TRUE GM and this is just a clown signing.


Yeah this is my hope too. Hoping Banner hired him because they are buddy buddy and they will hire a true personnel guy.



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NPBrowns


Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Posts: 371
Location: New Philadelphia, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068601/article/seattle-seahawks-should-sit-russell-wilson-and-play-matt-flynn

The article is from October btw

Just for the lulz.....

Read and enjoy as we have a bright future ahead of us with Lombardi Confused


More cannot unsee what has been seen here
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 7311
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire lombardi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLAbrownfan


Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 3789
Location: OCA-L.A. , Florida
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was having a great week..........

This cast a dark cloud over us, first energy field inside of the factory of sadness fueled by the horrible picks of Lombardi.... No more maybe next years, now maybe in 12 years.....
_________________

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13235
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys.

Really dont think you have a presser for a VPPP unless he is it.

Otherwise, wouldnt you just hire em both and have a joint presser?
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
freakygeniuskid


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 5326
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPBrowns wrote:


More cannot unsee what has been seen here


This is exactly how I feel.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Fire lombardi


This! I am absolutely on board this bandwagon!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MalcolmBrown


Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 628
Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the posters are just too damn pessimistic for me.

It's like that Sky Is Falling! article someone posted:http://tinyurl.com/bkw6kga

I think it is possible that he's gained plenty of experience to be the guy now, we won't know until they start making roster moves, and maybe, you know, actually play some games. Yet so many are ready to jump ship.


Did you ever stop to think that, because this guy's family name is on the trophy, he may be working hard on reenergizing the family Legacy, and on the way to rewriting his own? I like to be optimistic, and it might make some of you sick, but if it is his time to succeed, if it's time for the Lombardi name to rise from the ashes, and not just at the end of the Super Bowl, I'm very happy that it's attached to the Cleveland Browns franchise.
_________________
"You mean...this ain't Malcolm Browns car...? ...Damn...my bad..."

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLAbrownfan


Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 3789
Location: OCA-L.A. , Florida
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors of us wanting to trade for Ryan mallet now...... You know the patriots will make us over pay.... Ughhhhhhhh
_________________

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13235
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalcolmBrown wrote:
Some of the posters are just too damn pessimistic for me.

It's like that Sky Is Falling! article someone posted:http://tinyurl.com/bkw6kga

I think it is possible that he's gained plenty of experience to be the guy now, we won't know until they start making roster moves, and maybe, you know, actually play some games. Yet so many are ready to jump ship.


Did you ever stop to think that, because this guy's family name is on the trophy, he may be working hard on reenergizing the family Legacy, and on the way to rewriting his own? I like to be optimistic, and it might make some of you sick, but if it is his time to succeed, if it's time for the Lombardi name to rise from the ashes, and not just at the end of the Super Bowl, I'm very happy that it's attached to the Cleveland Browns franchise.


And some guys are too optimistic for me.

The guy has a damn awful track record.

Maybe 5 years without an offer from a club made him open his eyes; but i doubt it.

Tom Heckert has to be laughing his arse off right now.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9349
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright spots:

- The forum hasn't been this unified in its opinion since the night we drafted Weeden in the 1st.
- We'll always have a Lombardi in Cleveland (until he gets fired).
- The snarkiness of the media will reach new heights (maybe that's not a positive...)


That's all I got.


Resume meltdown. Laughing
_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13235
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Bright spots:

- The forum hasn't been this unified in its opinion since the night we drafted Weeden in the 1st.
- We'll always have a Lombardi in Cleveland (until he gets fired).
- The snarkiness of the media will reach new heights (maybe that's not a positive...)


That's all I got.


Resume meltdown. Laughing


Love ya Reg.

Always pointing out bright spots.
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
Rumors of us wanting to trade for Ryan mallet now...... You know the patriots will make us over pay.... Ughhhhhhhh


Mallet would be one of the few QBs that I would support trading for, assuming the price is right of course.

I was a fan of Mallet in college. He left Michigan because of that piece of [inappropriate/removed] Rodriguez. While his overall accuracy was never great, he had just about every other characteristic you look for in a pro qb. Hopefully he has learned and progressed under Brady and Bellichek these last two years... Bring him in and let him compete for the starting job.
_________________


Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PacAttack04


Joined: 26 Jul 2008
Posts: 3159
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NPBrowns wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068601/article/seattle-seahawks-should-sit-russell-wilson-and-play-matt-flynn

The article is from October btw

Just for the lulz.....

Read and enjoy as we have a bright future ahead of us with Lombardi Confused


More cannot unsee what has been seen here


Lets actually put this article into context. Russell Wilson, at the time this article was written, had played in 4 games. In those 4 games, he had thrown for 4 TDs, 4 INTs, and averaged 148.5 passing yards a game. He had a 57 Comp. % and a very low 5.94 YPA.

So based on that level of play, do you still agree that Lombardi had no basis for that opinion?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group