Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4 Rounder w/ 1st Rd Trades - Some new picks/Suprises!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miles2626

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: 4 Rounder w/ 1st Rd Trades - Some new picks/Suprises! Reply with quote

Comment with improvements, not just complaints please. If all you have is a "no way player A would be drafted here" keep it to yourself. None of us know right now and we all have different prospect rankings. At this stage, I'm still concerned if I hit your team needs or not. Or you could just comment with compliments!

Round 1

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia - Andy started his last job with a QB, and will do the same here. I think Geno will separate himself during workouts/interviews.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M - With no QB worth the pick, Gus shifts his focus to the weak pass rush and takes the freak from A&M.
3. Oakland Raiders - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah - The Raiders keep the focus on the defensive side of the ball and get a presence they lack up the middle.
Projected Trade - Philadelphia trades 1st (#4) to Arizona for 1st (#7), 2nd (#38), and 2014 3rd
4. Arizona Cardinals (Phi) - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M - With an eye on QB's later in the draft, Arians makes the move to secure the best player in this draft at a position of major need.
5. Detroit Lions - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama - This pick could be Werner just as easily, but the depth at DE in the draft affords the Lions to go CB here with the stud from 'Bama.
6. Cleveland Browns - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State - More pass rush could make the Brownies a top-5 calibur defense.
7. Philadelphia Eagles (Arz) - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia - The possible celing is too high to not take Jones here for a staff probably looking to switch to a 3-4 in the very near future. The Eagles take the health risk going with the rush machine from UGA.
8. Buffalo Bills - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas - I can't convince myself that ownership was just blowing smoke. They're taking a QB, and Wilson will rise to this draft position through the draft season.
9. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, Louisiana State - If the defense is going to rise back to making this team competitive, improving the pass rush has to be goal #1. Along with Wilkerson and Coples, Mingo returns the Jets' front 7 back to dominance.
10. Tennessee Titans - Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State - The Titans have been a tough team for me to read this draft season, so I have them going BPA at a position of some need.
11. San Diego Chargers - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan - After the Eagles asked too much for them to move up to secure Joeckel, the Chargers "settle" for the 2nd best OT prospect this year. Nice consolation prize in the very underrated Fisher.
Projected Trade - Miami trades 1st (#12) to Dallas for 1st (#18), 4th (#111), and 2014 1st
12. Dallas Cowboys (Mia) - Chance Warmack, G, Alabama - Jerry Jones has never been shy about trading up for a premier prospect. Most years a guard isn't "worth" all this attention, but Warmack is dominant and the 'Boys make the move.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State - This secondary is dismal and Banks is an immediate impact starter and improvement to the unit. Perfect storm for Tampa where a need meets talent availability.
14. Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri - A nice value pick for a team that is quite soft up the middle.
15. New Orleans Saints - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Brigham Young - With losing their 2nd rounder, the Saints have to hit here, and after workouts, I believe Ansah will be considered a 'steal' at #15.
16. St. Louis Rams - Keenan Allen, WR, California - It's time for the Rams to see if Bradford is really the guy or not. For that to happen simply put he needs more weapons. Quick came along fine last year but with Allen on the other side, this could become a solid offense quickly.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee - I may have thought this would be Te'o until recent events. The handling of Chris Rainey makes me think that Manti is now completely off the Steelers' board. Patterson gives Ben a different type of receiver than he's had before and he'll replace Wallace in the starting lineup if (when) he leaves during FA.
18. Miami Dolphins (Dal) - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State - I don't think Miami is going to bring back Smith, and even if they do CB is a position of need. Rhodes is solid and with a glut of picks in this draft, Miami can take as much "solid" as is out there.
19. New York Giants - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma - The line must be fixed, and Johnson is a very good tackle with room to grow. Coughlin and company were close to pulling the trigger on a sliding DE, but went on offense instead.
20. Chicago Bears - Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina - Speaking of lines that must be fixed, this offense is ready to explode but there's 5 guys holding it back. Cooper starts right away at G for this team and Cutler's Monday mornings just got less achy.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame - Cincy would take about 3 seconds to turn in this card. They've never been shy of controversy before and Te'o uses his slide past the Steelers to punish them for a decade. This just became an insanely scary LB corps.
22. St. Louis Rams (Was) - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas - Vaccaro is rising up boards, and it's easy to see why. He can step in to this secondary day 1 and make plays for a team that might be tough to deal with in 2013.
23. Minnesota Vikings - Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor - I can't see any way this pick isn't WR if there's any value there. Imagine what an addition like this could do for Peterson, who can run for 2,100 yards with 8 men in the box every play.
24. Indianapolis Colts - Matt Elam, S, Florida - Elam gives the Colts' defense a physical presence they don't currently have.
25. Seattle Seahawks - Sam Montgomery, DE, Louisiana State - I feel like this is a BPA scenario for the 'Hawks and as everyone says, you can never have enough pass rush.
26. Green Bay Packers - Kevin Minter, ILB, Louisiana State - Even if they lose Jennings and/or Finley, the offense is in great shape until #12 retires. Minter gives the defense more physicality and play making ability right away.
27. Houston Texans - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - Houston is another team that has to find out if they can win with the current QB. Hopkins gives them a stud opposite Andre Johnson and if Schaub is the guy, this offense becomes near unstoppable.
28. Denver Broncos - Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama - Williams is a wall in the middle, and that's the only place this defense really needs a major upgrade.
Projected Trade - Baltimore trades 1st (#29) to Miami for 2nd (#42) and 2nd (#54)
29. Miami Dolphins (Bal) - John Jenkins, DT, Georgia - With ammo to move up and a hole at DT, the Dolphins jump Philly, Kansas City, and most importantly New England to nab the mammoth out of UGA to clog up the middle.
30. Atlanta Falcons - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon - Jordan takes one of those unexplainable draft day slides and the Falcons swoop in to reap the benefits.
31. San Francisco 49ers - Sharrif Floyd, DE, Florida - Floyd would play DE in San Fran where they found out quickly how much worse the defense gets if Justin Smith has to exit. Replacement plan in place.
32. New England Patriots - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia - Speaking of replacements, Austin gives the Pats the quickness and playmaking ability of Wes Welker only with more speed.

Round 2
33. Jacksonville Jaguars - Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
34. Kansas City Chiefs - Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
35. Philadelphia Eagles - Eric Reid, S, Louisiana State
36. Detroit Lions - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
37. Cincinnati Bengals (Oak) - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
38. Philadelphia Eagles (Arz) - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
Cleveland Browns - Used in 2012 Supplemental Draft
39. New York Jets - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
40. Tennessee Titans - Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
41. Buffalo Bills - Robert Woods, WR, Southern Cal
42. Baltimore Ravens (Mia) - Barrett Jones, C/G, Alabama
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
44. Carolina Panthers - Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
New Orleans Saints - Pick Forfeit from Bounty Scandal
45. San Diego Chargers - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
46. St. Louis Rams - Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
47. Dallas Cowboys - Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist
48. Pittsburgh Steelers - Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
49. New York Giants - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
50. Chicago Bears - Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State
51. Washington Redskins - Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
52. Minnesota Vikings - Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
53. Cincinnati Bengals - Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma
54. Baltimore Ravens (Mia) - Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
55. Green Bay Packers - Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
56. Seattle Seahawks - Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
57. Houston Texans - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
58. Denver Broncos - Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
59. Baltimore Ravens - Dallas Thomas, OT, Tennessee
60. Atlanta Falcons - Will Davis, CB, Utah State
61. San Francisco 49ers - Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse
62. New England Patriots - Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin

Round 3

63. Kansas City - Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
64. Jacksonville - Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
65. Detroit - Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia
66. Oakland - John Simon, OLB, Ohio State
67. Philadelphia - David Amerson, FS, North Carolina State
68. Cleveland - Matt Barkley, QB, Southern Cal
69. Arizona - Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State
70. Tennessee - Robert Lester, S, Alabama
71. Buffalo - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
72. N.Y. Jets - Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
73. Tampa Bay - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
74. San Francisco (Car) - Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
75. New Orleans - Chris Faulk, OT, Louisiana State
76. San Diego - Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
77. Miami - Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas
78. St. Louis - Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M
79. Pittsburgh - Brian Winters, G/T, Kent State
80. Dallas - Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern
81. N.Y. Giants - Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State
82. Miami (Chi) - Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
83. Minnesota - Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn
84. Cincinnati - Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
85. Washington - David Bakhtiari, OT, Colorado
86. Indianapolis - Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
87. Seattle - Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
88. Green Bay - Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
89. Houston - D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina
90. Denver - Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State
91. Baltimore - Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma
92. Atlanta - Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
93. San Francisco - T.J. McDonald, S, Southern Cal
94. New England - Akeem Spence, DE, Illinois

Round 4

95. Jacksonville - Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana
96. Kansas City - Malliciah Goodman, DE, Clemson
97. Oakland - Zac Dysert, QB, Miami (Oh)
98. Philadelphia - William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
99. Minnesota (Det) - Alvin Bailey, G, Arkansas
100. Arizona - Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
101. Cleveland - Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss
102. Buffalo - Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida
103. N.Y. Jets - Shawn Williams, S, Georgia
104. Tennessee - Khaled Holmes, C, Southern Cal
105. Carolina - Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
106. New Orleans - Bennie Logan, DT, Louisiana State
107. San Diego - Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
108. Miami - Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
109. Tampa Bay - Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
110. St. Louis - Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford
111. Miami (Dal) - Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
112. Pittsburgh - Travis Long, OLB, Washington State
113. N.Y. Giants - Tharold Simon, CB, Louisiana State
114. Chicago - EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State
115. Cincinnati - Joe Kruger, DE, Utah
116. Washington - Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
117. Minnesota - Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
118. Indianapolis - Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
119. Green Bay - Lavar Edwards, DE, Louisiana State
120. Seattle - Hugh Thornton, G, Illinois
121. Houston - Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State
122. Denver - Denard Robinson, WR, Michigan
123. Baltimore - Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State
124. Atlanta - Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
125. San Francisco - Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
126. Tampa Bay (NE) - Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida

^props to Kiltman on the sig

Shady, Mac, 'n Jack...CAN YOU DIG IT??

Last edited by miles2626 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
mountainpd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firstly I love the Miami trade down.

I don't like the trade back into the 1st for Jenkins though. I fStarks hits free agency we still have Odrick to drop inside to play next to Soliai so not really a position of need. If we traded up for Jordan it wouldn't be as much as a problem though.

We need to draft a pass rusher at some point as we only have Wake on the roster who can consistently pressure the qb.

We could draft one of the two tight ends in the 2nd although I love your pick of Kelce in the 4th. so 4 other needs are Tackle,Safety,Wide Receiver,

^^^Kempes^^^
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL draft.... De, DB, Te, RB.... great mock draft. DB position for ATL has been undervalued in most people's mock draft. Good job sir.
carrolljcmc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good picks for Denver, I would change the 4th rounder though, we don't need a WR project, we need to address the secondary in the first 4 rounds. Thanks for your prefacing comments as well. Nice to see someone with the same mindset as I.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
30. Atlanta Falcons - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon - Jordan takes one of those unexplainable draft day slides and the Falcons swoop in to reap the benefits.

Amazing pick. Especially with the multiple fronts the Falcons run.
Quote:
60. Atlanta Falcons - Will Davis, CB, Utah State

Horrible pick. Especially with who the Falcons have under contract for next season. Both starters in Dunta Robinson and Asante Samuel have played extremely well. Nickel corner Robert Mcclain has been amazing and Dom Franks has done the job when called upon.
Atlanta's actual needs include TE, RB and OL. They don't need a corner though. Honestly, Larry Warford would be the best pick here.
Quote:
92. Atlanta - Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
124. Atlanta - Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida

good picks

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2: Logan Ryan

Good pick and addresses a need, but not the biggest need, in which I think we take Rambo there. Value vs need, and with Rambo going 10 picks later, I cant see the Redskins passing up on the value for him there.

Round 3: OT. It is a need, but not a big one. Tyler Polumbus played well for us this year and we have Tom Compton, who could have been signed off the PS from us this past year, but Shanny raised his salary to prevent that. Compton has some promise and could take over the RT spot either this year or next.

And if you have the Redskins taking a CB in the second, with Swearinger on the board, I cannot believe that we pass on the best valued S.

Round 4: WR

Aaron Dobson is a playmaker and I think that he is undervalued only because he didnt play at a big time school with a decent QB. The more I have reviewed the Redskins season, the more I have thought that we need a WR that can off set Garcon. Morgan and Hankerson are a little behind the curve and Aldrick Robinson is just a deep threat.

No telling where Moss is going to be after this year and the roster analysis by the coaches. But Dobson is a solid draft pick for value here.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
cards czar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Projected Trade - Philadelphia trades 1st (#4) to Arizona for 1st (#7), 2nd (#3Cool, and 2014 3rd
4. Arizona Cardinals (Phi) - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M - With an eye on QB's later in the draft, Arians makes the move to secure the best player in this draft at a position of major need.

This is not going to happen. The Cardinals will move down in the draft so they can get extra picks. They will only go down to the 10-12th picks and get C. Warmack.

The Cardinals OT's actually played really good in the second half of the season. Its the Guards that truly suck. They need a RG bad.

Look for the Cardinals first 3 picks being on the Offense side.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ball reminds me of Shonn Greene and Randle is better so i'd prefer him. We haven't had a speed back in a while.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st and 4th rounds are good, other two are terrible, Vikings won't spend a pick that high on a QB, Ponder was solid at the end of the year, and he will be the starter next year, so they aren't going to bring in another high round rookie, OLB Greene is an obvious pick. DE is almost not a need right now, but Dt is a big need, better options in round three, or a DB.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love for Te'o to slide to the Bengals. Your draft is fine, but given the board, I would have this for the Bengals:

1. Manti Te'o, MLB
2a. Barrett Jones, OL
2b. Gio Bernard, RB
3. DJ Swearinger, SS
4. Denard Robinson, WR/RB/KR/PR/Playmaker

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Saints draft!

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Bailey134

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Dallas trade two first rounds and a fourth to move up six spots? To top it off just to draft a gaurd!! Cooper is just as good as Warmack in my opinion. I just dont see how that trade makes any sense?

Made by BigBadLion20

Favorite Teams
NFL- Dallas Cowboys
NCAA- Ohio State
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Yankees
TommyC376

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good for Buffalo. Only thing I dont like is a DE in the 3rd. We need a CB, and Wilson from UConn is on the board still. I do like Bostic in the 4th though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the needs the Cowboys have I doubt they trade picks away. However, I do like the selection. Now, if they could trade a few players like say, Miles Austin (3rd) or M. Spears (6th)or J. Ratliff (5th) and package some of these picks to move around int he draft and say, move up to number 12, then I would love it!
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could dig Jones (if medically cleared), Reid, Fluker and Amerson in the first three rounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: