Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank the Bears top 10 defensive players
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
The Bears #1 draft pick in 2012 and no one mentions him?

Shea McClellin

Is he a good pick or draft bust?

Definitely a disappointing season. I was never a very big fan of the pick, I think now he'll be used in a better way. This defense will have changes in scheme whether people want to believe it or not.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Shea McClellin

Definitely a disappointing season. I was never a very big fan of the pick, I think now he'll be used in a better way. This defense will have changes in scheme whether people want to believe it or not.

It wasn't disappointing when you compare him to the rest of the DEs that were available in round one to us outside of Jones…Mercilus didn’t look much better and McClellin served his role as a 3rd down pass rush effectively adding to the pass rush…he showed flashes of what he could do once he adds strength and is coached up…something we all knew that he had to do when he coming out…the jury is very much so still out and it would be premature to come down on any side of the fence.
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Badger75 wrote:

Shea McClellin

It wasn't disappointing when you compare him to the rest of the DEs that were available in round one to us outside of Jones…Mercilus didn’t look much better and McClellin served his role as a 3rd down pass rush effectively adding to the pass rush…he showed flashes of what he could do once he adds strength and is coached up…something we all knew that he had to do when he coming out…the jury is very much so still out and it would be premature to come down on any side of the fence.

I thought Shea showed good speed and burst off the edge. Definitely needs to work on his strength moving forward if he wants to be a big time player in this league. He also needs to add more pass rushing moves to his repertoire as it seems he rarely uses anything other than a spin move to get past his opponent. It's hard to fully evaluate him at this point but IMO he does have a bright future ahead. Losing Marinelli will hurt a bit. Hopefully they keep Mike Phair in town as d-line coach.
51to54

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Wright is so low on everybody's lists given the amount of recognition I've seen him get around the league this year from multiple analysts.

I don't have a suggestion of where he should rank, just an observation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: