Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Scout a QB official thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigGUNS04 wrote:
yeah, im just a [inappropriate/removed] for thinking these things... Embarassed

You guys are ALWAYS right on your professional assesments of talent. Heck I'd hire half of you for my NFL scouting team. Laughing

moving albert inside makes PLENTY of sense. If you guys want to debate about it, thats fine. I have my opinions you have yours. I'm just saying I would hate to see G. Smith under center in kc

No one here is saying they're NFL scouts. You pointed out guys to throw us down and I simply said guys here have plenty of guys they liked that panned out too.

My stance on Albert is that we would be paying an OG 5+ Mil while we could pay him that to be a good LT. We can find good OG's for cheaper than that.

I'm not throwing your thoughts on Geno out the door, many of us have him 1A/1B. We're just wanting facts instead of opinion, they've shown you stats and you haven't.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an article on Albert if anyone's interested. I always like hearing about players going back to their hometowns.
[url]
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-10-05/sports/bs-sp-ravens-chiefs-branden-albert-1006-20121005_1_mike-rudd-chiefs-coach-nfl[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new Geno Scouting Report...

http://nflsfuture.com/2012/12/14/geno-smith-scouting-report/

and one cool picture Smile

CLICK HERE

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
bigGUNS04

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
bigGUNS04 wrote:

You guys are ALWAYS right on your professional assesments of talent. Heck I'd hire half of you for my NFL scouting team. Laughing

moving albert inside makes PLENTY of sense. If you guys want to debate about it, thats fine. I have my opinions you have yours. I'm just saying I would hate to see G. Smith under center in kc

No one here is saying they're NFL scouts. You pointed out guys to throw us down and I simply said guys here have plenty of guys they liked that panned out too.

My stance on Albert is that we would be paying an OG 5+ Mil while we could pay him that to be a good LT. We can find good OG's for cheaper than that.

I'm not throwing your thoughts on Geno out the door, many of us have him 1A/1B. We're just wanting facts instead of opinion, they've shown you stats and you haven't.

So the break down of his reciever's gaudy YAC arent considered stats?
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you all see the film study from earlier in the season too..

http://nflsfuture.com/2012/09/28/geno-smith-film-session/

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigGUNS04 wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
bigGUNS04 wrote:

Cmon man. You've been shown a charting of his throws (in the air) and it quite clearly showed he is not just a short range or check down thrower relying on WR's. The recievers getting YAC on ALL those throws does nothing to suggest he doesn't ever throw long. He does, and he does it quite well!

That said.. the YAC is AWESOME. I can't wait for him to throw 7 yard slants to Bowe in stride that bust for 20+ gains.. and I have no clue why this ability is being held against him. Montana made a killing on YAC with Rice in the WCO! Some of that here? Yes Please!
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigGUNS04 wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
bigGUNS04 wrote:

They're misleading stats, he put his guy in a position to make a play. I'm not even 100% on Geno but am willing to admit he throws a damn good deep ball.

Lots of good QB's get good YAC numbers because they hit them in stride. I would be less inclined to take Geno if he forced it deep and didn't let his WR do work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigGUNS04 wrote:

I'm sorry if I made you feel that way man. The last thing I want is someone to not share their opinion. I just thought you weren't giving Geno a fair shake by eliminating his best games and best receivers.

I do agree that the offense created a lot of YAC but Tavon and Stedman both were demons in that category so why not let them play to their strengths.

Look at RG3's offense in the NFL. I bet he had the lowest average depth of target and he was unreal this year. Playing to the QB's strengths is key in development and winning.

I think Geno has more then enough physical tools to be a good QB in this league, but what really sets him apart is what he has between the ears. He breaths football. He celebrates wins by scouting the next team. He considers football a game between him and the opposing defensive coordinator. Everyone that talks about him says he is the epitome of a hard worker which i think will allow him to be a great QB in the league.

He might not be a Brady or Manning but I think he could be on the level of Ryan, Flacco, Big Ben. (obviously not comparing skillsets, just level of impact)
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Nic's thought on Geno into my report. Thank you Nic.
bigGUNS04

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK there was a chart breakdown of deeper passes...did it show who the competition was against? who was covering them? The window that he had to put the ball in? was the receiver wide open? all legitimate questions.

I'm sorry guys, ya'll will have to really sell me this kid. No offense to him or you guys. There is quite a bit of hostility in KC about the thought of drafting G. Smith
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the evidence on hand and your dismissal of it thus far as not enough, I'd say we're at an empass in convincing you.

I think the next big opportunity to convince (or rather to evaluate further) everyone we will get is Gruden's QB specials.

I'm really looking forward to him with all these guys, and especially Geno obviously.

I just don't think from our vantage point much will be learned/gained from the combine. That will be big for the Chiefs and these guys with interviews but we won't be evaluating that. Maybe Geno will throw there (I would like him to). but really the big moments left for me are the Gruden camp and the pro days and getting through the combine cleanly (no injuries or red flags raised).
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigGUNS04 wrote:
OK there was a chart breakdown of deeper passes...did it show who the competition was against? who was covering them? The window that he had to put the ball in? was the receiver wide open? all legitimate questions.

I'm sorry guys, ya'll will have to really sell me this kid. No offense to him or you guys. There is quite a bit of hostility in KC about the thought of drafting G. Smith

Deal i'll do my homework. Give me your biggest questions about him and ill try and find film to sway your opinion. Who knows it may make me think twice about him...
Ahhh probably not, I'm gonna live and die by this guy.
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
bigGUNS04 wrote:

Deal i'll do my homework. Give me your biggest questions about him and ill try and find film to sway your opinion. Who knows it may make me think twice about him...
Ahhh probably not, I'm gonna live and die by this guy.

My biggest concerns are his ability to read defenses and going through progressions. Most rookies have these questions though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the "for what it's orth" column....just listening to SirriusNLF and Kerwin and the boys had this to say...not in any particular order:

Glennon looked stiff and missed on almost all deep throws. Dysert was Mehhh, looking.....Nessib did not impress. Wilson and Jones looked like first rounders. Wilson made 9 back shoulder fade throws dead nuts on and Jones looked good with his deep ball. Both showed good touch and footwork.

Dysert, Nesib, and Glennon...middle to late rounds.

Wilson, Jones possible 1st round talent, no menion of Smith. More of their evaluations to come tomorr wow hen they see them throw more, and of corse, how they play in the game.

Just some of THEIR obserations for the brief 10 minutes I could listen to them about 2:00 CST.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:

Wilson, Jones possible 1st round talent, no menion of Smith.

Smith won't be mentioned because he's not at the Senior Bowl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: