Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Scout a QB official thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

Cons:
Doesn't Sense Pressure well (Started out great but wore off as soon as the season draged on)

You think that has something to do with the lack of talent on the OL?

Everyone and their mother knows that the only players of note on that team are Tavon, Bailey & Geno. I think the lack of ideal protection and the weight of having to make the big play constantly got to him as the season wore on.

Could be and could not be. May not know until he gets behind a real Offensive line. Another reason why he prolly didn't since the pressure later on in the year. Is that he did feel like he had to score on every drive, since his defense couldn't stop anyone. That type of pressure might make him forget about the rush.

This is some thing that happened in the Texas game. With all the pressure in that he saw in that game. I would of liked to think he would of tried gotten most of his pass off faster.

I will try and find you some of the youtube video's where he has good sense of pressure and some where he doesn't. Haven't had much time to really look at them all. Hopefully tomorrow I can watch them all in peace.

Here is Geno just being a BA.

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
QB: Eugene Emmet (Geno) Smith III

Pros:
Ideal Size
Great Accuracy on Deep and Medium Passes
Great Footwork
Quick and Consistent Release
Excellent Ball Placement
Calm in the Face of Pressure
Solid Throwing Mechanics
Football Junkie
Lots of Starting Experience
Above Average Athleticism
Can Read Defenses
Goes Through Progressions

Cons:
Not a Rocket Arm
Doesn't Sense Pressure well (Started out great but wore off as soon as the season draged on)
Well Lock onto Primary WR time to time
Doesn't put great touch on short passes
Doesn’t spend much time under center, mainly in pistol/shotgun
Tentative to pull it down and run

Added to some Pros and Cons. If I have missed some or feel like a put some in the wrong place be free to tell me. Anyways I will prolly finish up tomarrow.

I also would add that while his arm won't be at the top of the league, it's more in the pro category than the con. Also, I think he puts nice touch on short passes.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as touch passes go, Geno seemed inconsistent to me with them. Sometimes it was there, sometimes it wasn't.

I almost think Tyler Wilson was better on touch passes...
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
QB: Eugene Emmet (Geno) Smith III

Pros:
Ideal Size
Great Accuracy on Deep and Medium Passes
Great Footwork
Quick and Consistent Release
Excellent Ball Placement
Calm in the Face of Pressure
Solid Throwing Mechanics
Football Junkie
Lots of Starting Experience
Above Average Athleticism
Can Read Defenses
Goes Through Progressions

Cons:
Not a Rocket Arm
Well Lock onto Primary WR time to time
Doesn't put great touch on short passes
Doesn’t spend much time under center, mainly in pistol/shotgun
Tentative to pull it down and run

Added to some Pros and Cons. If I have missed some or feel like a put some in the wrong place be free to tell me. Anyways I will prolly finish up tomarrow.

I also would add that while his arm won't be at the top of the league, it's more in the pro category than the con. Also, I think he puts nice touch on short passes.

Like Chiefer said when it comes to his short passes he is inconsistent. He puts to much power in the throw and it does tend to go through the other players hands.

Edit: Posted some replies that I asked from people on the report.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you guys think the odds are of you picking Geno

50/50, 60/40

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Rumless

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

50/50, 60/40

Reply hazy, try again later.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

50/50, 60/40

To me, it's either Geno or Joeckel at this point. I'd say 60/40 Geno
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

50/50, 60/40

I just don't understand the Joeckel pick. It is that unlikely you guys will be able to hang out to a "good but hasn't even made a pro bowl or all-pro team yet" tackle in free agency?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

50/50, 60/40

I just don't understand the Joeckel pick. It is that unlikely you guys will be able to hang out to a "good but hasn't even made a pro bowl or all-pro team yet" tackle in free agency?

I don't understand it either man. It's just a pick that I could see happening with our GM's supposed strict BPA strategy in the draft, and Joeckel arguably being the best player in the draft + holding great positional value as a LT, and with us possibly wanting to save money instead of signing Albert (who did get banged up some last year) longterm.

But if it's me, and I'm taking over a 2-14 team, I'm not letting one of the teams most talented players walk just to replace him with the first overall pick. Same goes for Bowe, I'd love to keep him.

Dorsey can't fall victim to what our last GM did, and not gamble on a potential franchise QB. It's going to be important to see what Geno does to affect his stock until draft time, but if I'm Dorsey then my plan of action is this:

1. Try to sign Albert longterm. If he won't sign, tag him.
2a. If Albert signed, try to sign Bowe longterm, if Bowe won't sign, tag him.
2b. If Albert was tagged, try to sign Bowe longterm, if he won't sign, let him walk.
3. Draft Geno Smith 1st overall assuming that he doesn't do anything major to damage his stock.
4. BPA for the rest of the draft.

I just think that Reid has an offense that can make any QB look good, especially with Reid fine-tuning the offense to specifically fit the QB's skillset. I think you give Reid a guy like Geno to work with, with his skillset, I just don't see Geno having many problems. And it'd finally give us the franchise QB we've been missing so long (wether he turns out to be that good or not, it'd give us a guy we can rally/build around instead of a guy that we cheer when he gets injured since the coaches refuse to take him out of the game) The current talented guys we have playing on their rookie contracts, Houston, Berry, McCluster, Arenas, etc. would be more likely stay. I just see a lot more benefits of taking the QB in this situation, Geno Smith. Even if Joeckel becomes say a top 5 LT and Geno just becomes a guy that is outside of/fighting to be a top 10 QB in the league. No one wants to play for a team that has a messy QB situation even if they have a top 5 LT.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because your draft philosophy is BPA doesn't mean you never address needs in the draft. Positional value probably matters as well.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming when Dorsey speaks of BPA positional value is part of the formula in determining BPA.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Bobikus wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

50/50, 60/40

I don't understand it either man. It's just a pick that I could see happening with our GM's supposed strict BPA strategy in the draft, and Joeckel arguably being the best player in the draft + holding great positional value as a LT, and with us possibly wanting to save money instead of signing Albert (who did get banged up some last year) longterm.

But if it's me, and I'm taking over a 2-14 team, I'm not letting one of the teams most talented players walk just to replace him with the first overall pick. Same goes for Bowe, I'd love to keep him.

Dorsey can't fall victim to what our last GM did, and not gamble on a potential franchise QB. It's going to be important to see what Geno does to affect his stock until draft time, but if I'm Dorsey then my plan of action is this:

1. Try to sign Albert longterm. If he won't sign, tag him.
2a. If Albert signed, try to sign Bowe longterm, if Bowe won't sign, tag him.
2b. If Albert was tagged, try to sign Bowe longterm, if he won't sign, let him walk.
3. Draft Geno Smith 1st overall assuming that he doesn't do anything major to damage his stock.
4. BPA for the rest of the draft.

I just think that Reid has an offense that can make any QB look good, especially with Reid fine-tuning the offense to specifically fit the QB's skillset. I think you give Reid a guy like Geno to work with, with his skillset, I just don't see Geno having many problems. And it'd finally give us the franchise QB we've been missing so long (wether he turns out to be that good or not, it'd give us a guy we can rally/build around instead of a guy that we cheer when he gets injured since the coaches refuse to take him out of the game) The current talented guys we have playing on their rookie contracts, Houston, Berry, McCluster, Arenas, etc. would be more likely stay. I just see a lot more benefits of taking the QB in this situation, Geno Smith. Even if Joeckel becomes say a top 5 LT and Geno just becomes a guy that is outside of/fighting to be a top 10 QB in the league. No one wants to play for a team that has a messy QB situation even if they have a top 5 LT.

I hear you man, the rumblings that no QB goes in the top 10 is crazy which is why I'm interested to see if Geno somehow falls to #9 because I think he'd fit great in our new offense.

Between Geno, Tyler Wilson and Matt Barkley I dont know how things will play out but I do think all will go in the top 10 in some order because I think they have talent to be franchise QB's in the right situation

Barkley would thrive with Arians in Arizona, Geno or Wilson would both be good in Kansas City or New York. Its just a matter of what the GM/Coach prefers

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
bigGUNS04

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I don't think I will ever be sold on G. Smith...He is a checkdown machine... Rolling Eyes
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigGUNS04 wrote:
lol I don't think I will ever be sold on G. Smith...He is a checkdown machine... Rolling Eyes

Already proven false.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
bigGUNS04 wrote:

Already proven false.

Lol...ok...

I guess the games lie. Rolling Eyes There really isn't one thing about him that makes me go "WOW!"

pistol formation, probably averaged 45 att./ game if not more, there really isn't any tape that proves his accuracy of deep throws.

NOBODY on this forum is talking about his 2 recievers that he had this year. Tavon Austin LED all recievers with the most YAC this year. Stedman Bailey had a lot as well.

Tavon Austin:

1289 Rec Yds
909 YAC
70.5% of his yards were YAC---hellooo check downs and screens.

Stedman Bailey:

1501 rec yds
553 yac
36% of his were YAC
-Not to mention most of his stats came from god aweful teams.

You take away those TWO recievers and Geno Smith averaged a whopping 4.9 yards/ attempt Laughing Whatever. All I know is there isn't a CLEAR cut #1 QB this year, which makes me hesitate on taking him #1. If the Chiefs could draft luke joeckel or even star lotulelei and got a QB in round 2 I would be perfectly happy.

Imagine: OL w/ Joeckel

Joeckel (lt), Albert (lg), Hudson (c), Asamoah (rg), Stephenson (rt)

DL w/ Star

jackson (de), Poe (nt), lotulelei (de) --- I personally see this as a lot better DL.I see Star creating much more havoc in a 34 than KC has seen from any 34 de.

Picking a RD 2 QB such as Glennon. Signing A. Smith or trading to Seattle for Flynn. Groom the future. If he doesn't pan out, draft one in '14...by god they have to be better than the '13 class.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: