Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tibo pre-shrine game mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Tibo pre-shrine game mock Reply with quote

I decided not to add any trades even though that is what I would prefer. While this is not inspiring list I think it improves our roster with the most value with the amount of picks that we have. I chose not to select a CB high because I feel the staff is high on Adams and Ross. Even Chewka seems to have improved. Personally I thought Hanson was a weak link as far as giving up points. He did get better but he is not going to be progressing at his age. I think they will make him compete for the spot this season. I thought it would be best to address NCB in the rather than use a high pick on CB that may or may not pan out. I am only adding one FA and dont think we will have any big names this season but a lot of role guys like last year.

FA
L. McKelvin- Will be our punt returner that is desperatley needed and backup Ford assuming he will be with us. He is also good enough to compete for the #2/#3 outside CB spot. He can also play nickel if needed.

1 D. Moore DE Texas A&M
Much needed pass rusher with ties to head coach. I think Joeckel will go 1 and either Jones or Star will go #2.

3 A. Dobson WR Marshall
Reggie will want to stack up WR's. And while I still like DHB his days seem to be numbered. This will give us another young piece to build around.

4 M. Watson OT Florida St.
Help at RT is an obvious need. I still think they give Barnes one more season but Watson would be the future and possibly even take over in 2013. He is powerfull and quick.

6 J. Boyd DT Miss St.
Boyd is an underated DT and does exactly what everyone has been clamering for without a top draft pick. He is a big DT who is quick of the snap and excels at occupying double teams and stopping the run. He can get to the passer as well but needs to develop more moves.

6 M. Mauti ILB Penn St.
A slight chance with Mauti but if he can stay healthy he will be an excellent ILB. Plays run and pass well. Leadership skills as well.

7 K. Pugh OLB Howard
Known mostly for his high character and extreme leadership abilities. He is a sure tackler and can play coverage very well especially for his size. He could really give Wheeler a run for his money in a year if not sooner. Typical Reggie/Allen guy. He is ranked low now but I wouldnt be surprised to see him shoot up the next couple weeks.

7 K. Wooten CB Nevada
Not huge CB but decent size. He is slotted as a Nickel Corner but he has very impressive skills. He could probably start year one for a team like ours at NCB without any significant drop off.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Tibo pre-shrine game mock Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
1 D. Moore DE Texas A&M
Much needed pass rusher with ties to head coach.

I dont think Allen has ties to Moore, or any other A&M player. Allen didnt coach Moore and never worked with any of their current coaches. He went to A&M 20 years ago and was a grad asst there for 3 years in the 90's. I dont consider that a tie. Coaches/GMs dont draft players just because they went to their Alma Mater.

I like the McKelvin signing. Dobson is intruiging, but I honestly dont know a whole lot about the rest of those guys.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Tibo pre-shrine game mock Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
1 D. Moore DE Texas A&M

I dont think Allen has ties to Moore, or any other A&M player. Allen didnt coach Moore and never worked with any of their current coaches. He went to A&M 20 years ago and was a grad asst there for 3 years in the 90's. I dont consider that a tie. Coaches/GMs dont draft players just because they went to their Alma Mater.

I like the McKelvin signing. Dobson is intruiging, but I honestly dont know a whole lot about the rest of those guys.

I see what you are saying about the A&M ties but that is not the only reason I chose him. I think we should anyways. Although, if they were to rate two players the same I would think that his A&M ties and information and the kids background would give him the edge. He was part of a team that drafted Von Miller last season and there were other options. Beyond that our DL coach did work around Moore as he was a coach at A&M that last couple years before joining our staff.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind a like it!
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my son's cat's name is tiberius

i dunno if id take moore over jarvis thats a tough one

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Tibo pre-shrine game mock Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
1 D. Moore DE Texas A&M

Our HC doesn't, but our Defensive Line coach Terrell Williams was at Texas A&M the previous 2 seasons!
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Tibo pre-shrine game mock Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
1 D. Moore DE Texas A&M

I see what you are saying about the A&M ties but that is not the only reason I chose him. I think we should anyways. Although, if they were to rate two players the same I would think that his A&M ties and information and the kids background would give him the edge. He was part of a team that drafted Von Miller last season and there were other options. Beyond that our DL coach did work around Moore as he was a coach at A&M that last couple years before joining our staff.

I dont think they drafted Miller because he went to A&M, I think they drafted him because he had elite pass rusher potential. Either way, I'm not against Moore I was just noticing a lot of people say the A&M players have ties to Allen and I didnt get it.

Now our DL coach has a legit tie. He probably still knows guys on the staff there and he has actually worked with Moore first hand.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boyd, Pugh and Wooten all did well last night in the shrine game. Sio Moore looked pretty good as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: