Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Speaks, we all listen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverLining

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to make of Reggie McKennzie. I'd be willing to let him get a couple more years and see what he can do but so far I can't say that I like the job he has done so far. For one Dennis Allen was a bad hire, so was Greg Knapp. I don't know which to blame for Knapp actually though. The thing that really bothered me when we hired Reggie is that i don't even think we talked to any other candidates for the job before we hired him, which i think was a big mistake. We should have talked to atleast a couple more people before hiring anyone.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Another explanation from the JTagg anti Pryor dictionary. LOL. Your only running mate just left your campaign. Smile

If only I posted here to appease others haha.....

PM sig requests.
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

The rest of the stuff is the things you were claiming Pryor was incapable of doing a week before that game. He was supposedly too dumb to run the offense, to have it lined up correctly and in time. Well, in his first ever start, it wasn't an issue. McKenzie is commenting on it because it's the kind of things that happen frequently to a QB in his first start in the NFL and Pryor handled it very well. That was definitely a positive to take from this game. It's definitely not enough. He needs to show a lot more as a passer.

Yep, based on a report. Obviously I have no first hand knowledge. Good for him for learning a three step drop. Don't you find it bad that we even have to talk about this for a NFL QB?

It's a positive to take from a game.... if you're in high school. A player in this league shouldn't even need to learn these things. I would hope it was second nature by now. Doesn't it seem like we're babying a player too much?

It seems like you and holyghost were dismissing his ability to do the simple things all together before the game without any evidence aside from bias. Then he does those things, and it's "isn't it bad we even have to talk about that?!". No one would talk about him being able to take snaps, lining up the offense and making drops if you didn't bring it up to begin with

Actually we had conventional thinking and a report to base those thoughts on. Hardly bias. And you're taking out of context. It's the fact that Reggie was proud he could do that to where I said that. Good for him for learning a 3 step drop though LOL.

Again, I never brought it up, Papa did.
Another explanation from the JTagg anti Pryor dictionary. LOL. Your only running mate just left your campaign. Smile

I wouldn't go that far. I still have real doubts about him as a passer long term.
I think alot of you guys are discounting the need to be an executing passer in circumstances in which what Pryor did and does wouldn't work. There will come a time, probably many times, when he is going to have to 3 step drop a slant or WR screen to beat a defense. Or beat an opponent on making complicated reads he is being forced to make. And so on..

I saw more than I expected from him against SD, and some very good things. But to be a premier QB in this league you have to beat defenses many different ways. I want a premier QB for the Raiders, and as of right now I know that if Pryor was the full time guy that defenses would be able to game plan him without great difficulty after a few games or a half season. What he does then is more advanced than where he is now.

He showed something, but has a looooong way to go before he can be crowned as someone who will make this team a winner from the QB slot.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

The rest of the stuff is the things you were claiming Pryor was incapable of doing a week before that game. He was supposedly too dumb to run the offense, to have it lined up correctly and in time. Well, in his first ever start, it wasn't an issue. McKenzie is commenting on it because it's the kind of things that happen frequently to a QB in his first start in the NFL and Pryor handled it very well. That was definitely a positive to take from this game. It's definitely not enough. He needs to show a lot more as a passer.

Yep, based on a report. Obviously I have no first hand knowledge. Good for him for learning a three step drop. Don't you find it bad that we even have to talk about this for a NFL QB?

It's a positive to take from a game.... if you're in high school. A player in this league shouldn't even need to learn these things. I would hope it was second nature by now. Doesn't it seem like we're babying a player too much?

It seems like you and holyghost were dismissing his ability to do the simple things all together before the game without any evidence aside from bias. Then he does those things, and it's "isn't it bad we even have to talk about that?!". No one would talk about him being able to take snaps, lining up the offense and making drops if you didn't bring it up to begin with

Actually we had conventional thinking and a report to base those thoughts on. Hardly bias. And you're taking out of context. It's the fact that Reggie was proud he could do that to where I said that. Good for him for learning a 3 step drop though LOL.

Again, I never brought it up, Papa did.

I wouldn't go that far. I still have real doubts about him as a passer long term.
I think alot of you guys are discounting the need to be an executing passer in circumstances in which what Pryor did and does wouldn't work. There will come a time, probably many times, when he is going to have to 3 step drop a slant or WR screen to beat a defense. Or beat an opponent on making complicated reads he is being forced to make. And so on..

I saw more than I expected from him against SD, and some very good things. But to be a premier QB in this league you have to beat defenses many different ways. I want a premier QB for the Raiders, and as of right now I know that if Pryor was the full time guy that defenses would be able to game plan him without great difficulty after a few games or a half season. What he does then is more advanced than where he is now.

He showed something, but has a looooong way to go before he can be crowned as someone who will make this team a winner from the QB slot.
Not disagreeing with anything you said, point is we need to see him play see how he evolves.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
So Reggie said Dennis is closing in on a offensive cordinator. And so far we have been connected to mike Martz , Greg Olson ,Marc trestman and norv turner. Trestman and turner are hired. If we hired Olson or Martz it would be a epic fail and would convince me that Dennis is incompotent.

McKenzie didn't even really confirm Olson, and Martz was a while ago. I wouldn't get those panties in a bunch until a hire is made. McKenzie mentioned Trestman and Norv, never mentioned Martz for what it's worth.
Raider fans always have to expect the worse and it usually comes true!.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still aren't giving any reason why the hiring would be an epic fail. Other than reading a bio on the internet do you have any ideas about Olsen at all?

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
You still aren't giving any reason why the hiring would be an epic fail. Other than reading a bio on the internet do you have any ideas about Olsen at all?
well I do know that his team went 2-14 last year and his qb play was terrible. jax was 30th in scoring offense and we are the only team that showed interest in him. What are your ideas on him? Enlighten me?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
well I do know that his team went 2-14 last year and his qb play was terrible. jax was 30th in scoring offense and we are the only team that showed interest in him. What are your ideas on him? Enlighten me?

When you look further than that you'll see the improvements Gabbert made and what he got out of Henne as well. You act like he was the reason the team was 2-14 or there offense was ranked 30th....some qb's can't be saved.

Sometimes coaches get too much blame (or too much credit)

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, they didn't have the best QB prospects. I mean, you can't expect a guy to turn crap into gold. Not only that, w/ the loss of MJD, the offense didn't have much to work w/. Henne did look good at times and the offense looked functional but it's not anything to write home about.

PM sig requests.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're comparing Olson's recent past work in the same way we did with Knapp. Knapp was rationalized over and over with how great he did with Yates. Well did he? We don't know. Ad did it translate to the oC job here? Sure didn't..

So why would Olson's work with Henne and Gabbert bear any credibility to what Olson will or won't do as OC here? It doesn't. For all we know Olson is the premier reason Gabbert sucks - and on the other hand he may be the greatest QB coach out there and it won't matter because Gabbert can't play the pro game. We don't know which, and any degree in between the two. And even if we did, it's got nothin to do with being our coordinator. Different job by a mile.

I'm not crazy about the hire, there are sexier names out there to me. But still, I'll leave judgement up to what actually happens next year. He'll be better than Knapp, I know that much. Hopefully our personnel steps up and executes better, because it's not like they had nothing to do with it. McFadden couldn't find a hole if it bit him, our line got blown off the ball all year, and our WRs catch like they left their hands at home. Knapp sucked bad, so did the execution. Olson will be condemned to suck if we either don't get better players or our players don't play better.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
We're comparing Olson's recent past work in the same way we did with Knapp. Knapp was rationalized over and over with how great he did with Yates. Well did he? We don't know. Ad did it translate to the oC job here? Sure didn't..

So why would Olson's work with Henne and Gabbert bear any credibility to what Olson will or won't do as OC here? It doesn't. For all we know Olson is the premier reason Gabbert sucks - and on the other hand he may be the greatest QB coach out there and it won't matter because Gabbert can't play the pro game. We don't know which, and any degree in between the two. And even if we did, it's got nothin to do with being our coordinator. Different job by a mile.

I'm not crazy about the hire, there are sexier names out there to me. But still, I'll leave judgement up to what actually happens next year. He'll be better than Knapp, I know that much. Hopefully our personnel steps up and executes better, because it's not like they had nothing to do with it. McFadden couldn't find a hole if it bit him, our line got blown off the ball all year, and our WRs catch like they left their hands at home. Knapp sucked bad, so did the execution. Olson will be condemned to suck if we either don't get better players or our players don't play better.

Good post.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Honestly I don't have any. Not my style. Sure, I can look up his stats from earlier in his career. But I'm more of a wait and see kinda fan. I have to see it with my own eyes before I can make any judgements on what a guy can or can't do.

DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
We're comparing Olson's recent past work in the same way we did with Knapp. Knapp was rationalized over and over with how great he did with Yates. Well did he? We don't know. Ad did it translate to the oC job here? Sure didn't...

Well I knew from two guys that played for him in college that Knapp was awful. Laughing

DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
cp for oc? Cool

CPeezy + TPeezy = TDeezy's fo sheezy.

I just wanted to say that.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Best post of the new year. Laughing Laughing Laughing

holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
We're comparing Olson's recent past work in the same way we did with Knapp. Knapp was rationalized over and over with how great he did with Yates. Well did he? We don't know. Ad did it translate to the oC job here? Sure didn't...

Well I knew from two guys that played for him in college that Knapp was awful. Laughing

Jeez, have those guys call McKenzie next time. Pay em both $100 each to beg RM or Allen to change his mind. I am sure the forum can take up a collection plate to cover that. Hell, I'd give you a chunk just to buy back the time this past year took off of the end of my life watching this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: