Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Speaks, we all listen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12317
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Discussion-with-GM-Reggie-McKenzie/854cf584-0b64-44ba-875b-303050036002

The full transcript.
I especially like the part where questions about McClain begin. It almost seems as if McKenzie implies he could not cut McClain last year due to the cap and being 30 mil over, but it seems by what he says that he may have wanted to.


thanks for the link

i like what he has to say about tp


LOL he basically said Pryor knows how to hand the ball off and not drop it LOL and that he was pleased he knew the snap count LOL. Hilarious. Oh and he was impressed he knew how to call a play hahahahaha
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12317
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Looking forward to another season tanked once McFadden gets injured. Rolling Eyes

+ 1 I thought they might move on. 1 more thing last year McFadden didn't look really as explosive as he used to be.


Just b/c he said something doesn't mean he'll act the same. McFadden is on the trading block as far as I'm concerned. He is by far the biggest waste of money on this team. It's not even close.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34043
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Looking forward to another season tanked once McFadden gets injured. Rolling Eyes

+ 1 I thought they might move on. 1 more thing last year McFadden didn't look really as explosive as he used to be.


Just b/c he said something doesn't mean he'll act the same. McFadden is on the trading block as far as I'm concerned. He is by far the biggest waste of money on this team. It's not even close.


Tommy Kelly, Richard Seymour, Mike Brisiel, DHB and Rolando McClain wrote:
Oh yeah?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nodisrespect


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 4115
Location: in the present
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Q: Would you be confident in him as the number two guy next year?

McKenzie: Right now hes our number two. Weve got Matt Leinart as a free agent. Im going to bring guys in. Im not penciling in anybody at any position as one, two. Im going to have somebody in here to try to compete with everybody. So Im going to get into who is two or three or number one for that matter.

Very interesting, so does this mean Carson isn't guaranteed the starting position like last year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34043
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Quote:
Q: Would you be confident in him as the number two guy next year?

McKenzie: Right now hes our number two. Weve got Matt Leinart as a free agent. Im going to bring guys in. Im not penciling in anybody at any position as one, two. Im going to have somebody in here to try to compete with everybody. So Im going to get into who is two or three or number one for that matter.

Very interesting, so does this mean Carson isn't guaranteed the starting position like last year?


I think its more geared towards Pryor, but you certainly could be right. McKenzie chooses his words very carefully and I'm sure there's a reason why.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12317
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Looking forward to another season tanked once McFadden gets injured. Rolling Eyes

+ 1 I thought they might move on. 1 more thing last year McFadden didn't look really as explosive as he used to be.


Just b/c he said something doesn't mean he'll act the same. McFadden is on the trading block as far as I'm concerned. He is by far the biggest waste of money on this team. It's not even close.


Tommy Kelly, Richard Seymour, Mike Brisiel, DHB and Rolando McClain wrote:
Oh yeah?


I expect every single one of them to be gone next year Smile Except MAYBE Brisiel. But yeah, I do think he's a far bigger waste of money but I believe my expectations of him has lead me to think that way.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 3314
Location: Hollywierd
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
G wrote:
I'm glad we got him (RM) last year as I think he'd been hired this year as a GM for one of those openings...7 openings Rolling Eyes


Gratz on 3k posts


Thanks Raiiiiidersssss...I didn't even notice.
I do 'blab' a lot. Laughing
Now I should work on the substance/content of my posts. Anxious
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 14407
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
In reading the transcript of the interview, it sounded like Reggie wanted to cut McClain before the season even started. He referenced getting rid of him when they were still $30M over the cap. That was certainly not during the season but before. If that is the case, its good to see that the front office sees where guys aren't worth the money you are paying him. Getting a replacement this offseason is not as high a priority but one that needs to be addressed.

I think the 30M was McClains contract money not the amount we were over the cap...


He was clearly talking about being 30M over the cap at some point last offseason.

Quote:
Q: Could you have cut him even if you had wanted to because of the salary cap or would there have been issues of having to work other contracts or release another player?
McKenzie: Doing this when we have over 30 million dollars over with him the way his contract was, no. I did not have the luxury to do anything because of our current situation as it was. I was trying to get under. When youre trying to get rid of 30 million-plus, its hard when youre trying to bring in more to add on to that.

_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 15090
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/Discussion-with-GM-Reggie-McKenzie/854cf584-0b64-44ba-875b-303050036002

The full transcript.
I especially like the part where questions about McClain begin. It almost seems as if McKenzie implies he could not cut McClain last year due to the cap and being 30 mil over, but it seems by what he says that he may have wanted to.


thanks for the link

i like what he has to say about tp


LOL he basically said Pryor knows how to hand the ball off and not drop it LOL and that he was pleased he knew the snap count LOL. Hilarious. Oh and he was impressed he knew how to call a play hahahahaha


Quote:
Well, what I did see with Terrelle that I was pleased with, he protected the ball. In the game where you have snapping issues, even with handing off with the ball slipping, protecting when hes being rushed, he protected the ball. That was a plus for me. To see that and to see snap count, the offensive linemen getting used to his cadence. And him getting the plays out and the motions and all the little things he has to do to make sure there were no issues with penalties before the ball is snapped. Now, obviously, you can see the plays when things break down where he can kind of create and do some things. But he had a chance to make some throws and he did pretty good. I was encouraged. Hopefully the new offensive coordinator and find a way to see what he can do best in this off-season and see what he looks like in preseason games.


-protecting the ball is important. i know you dont care about turnovers but other people do lol. in sloppy conditions tp did a good job of protecting the ball.

-pre-snap he has total control of the offense from the o-line to motioning wrs/te's. no flags.

-everyone know he could run but he did pretty good throwing the ball also. showed that he is a pass 1st, run 2nd type of qb.

-reg basically putting it out there that the new oc better find a way to get tp involved.

maybe i read to much into it but thats what i got from it
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 2575
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
In reading the transcript of the interview, it sounded like Reggie wanted to cut McClain before the season even started. He referenced getting rid of him when they were still $30M over the cap. That was certainly not during the season but before. If that is the case, its good to see that the front office sees where guys aren't worth the money you are paying him. Getting a replacement this offseason is not as high a priority but one that needs to be addressed.

I think the 30M was McClains contract money not the amount we were over the cap...


He was clearly talking about being 30M over the cap at some point last offseason.

Quote:
Q: Could you have cut him even if you had wanted to because of the salary cap or would there have been issues of having to work other contracts or release another player?
McKenzie: Doing this when we have over 30 million dollars over with him the way his contract was, no. I did not have the luxury to do anything because of our current situation as it was. I was trying to get under. When youre trying to get rid of 30 million-plus, its hard when youre trying to bring in more to add on to that.


ok my bad...just run over it...missed it
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12317
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:


-protecting the ball is important. i know you dont care about turnovers but other people do lol. in sloppy conditions tp did a good job of protecting the ball.

-pre-snap he has total control of the offense from the o-line to motioning wrs/te's. no flags.

-everyone know he could run but he did pretty good throwing the ball also. showed that he is a pass 1st, run 2nd type of qb.

-reg basically putting it out there that the new oc better find a way to get tp involved.

maybe i read to much into it but thats what i got from it


This is why you're so annoying. Where have I said I don't care about turnovers??? Let's be serious. I just don't overvalue them when it's a guy I don't like (Carson, Peyton etc) and undervalue them when it's my guy (Pryor, Russell etc). That is YOUR fault, not mine.

The rest of the stuff is the stuff you say to a JV player in high school who started his first game on varsity LOL. Dude is supposed to be a NFL QB and he's getting talked to like a teenager LOL.

"I'm so proud he didn't fumble the ball", "I'm glad he didn't get any presnap flags" LOL. You are looking too much into it b/c it's YOUR guy and you want to talk him up sooooooo badly.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raiiiiidersssss


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5253
Location: The Black Hole
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to say this: If Palmer doesn't take a drastic paycut, I want him gone and Pryor to start, then draft QB in the first in 2014 (which is going to be a really good class).
_________________
MACKiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 14407
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:


-protecting the ball is important. i know you dont care about turnovers but other people do lol. in sloppy conditions tp did a good job of protecting the ball.

-pre-snap he has total control of the offense from the o-line to motioning wrs/te's. no flags.

-everyone know he could run but he did pretty good throwing the ball also. showed that he is a pass 1st, run 2nd type of qb.

-reg basically putting it out there that the new oc better find a way to get tp involved.

maybe i read to much into it but thats what i got from it


This is why you're so annoying. Where have I said I don't care about turnovers??? Let's be serious. I just don't overvalue them when it's a guy I don't like (Carson, Peyton etc) and undervalue them when it's my guy (Pryor, Russell etc). That is YOUR fault, not mine.

The rest of the stuff is the stuff you say to a JV player in high school who started his first game on varsity LOL. Dude is supposed to be a NFL QB and he's getting talked to like a teenager LOL.

"I'm so proud he didn't fumble the ball", "I'm glad he didn't get any presnap flags" LOL. You are looking too much into it b/c it's YOUR guy and you want to talk him up sooooooo badly.


The rest of the stuff is the things you were claiming Pryor was incapable of doing a week before that game. He was supposedly too dumb to run the offense, to have it lined up correctly and in time. Well, in his first ever start, it wasn't an issue. McKenzie is commenting on it because it's the kind of things that happen frequently to a QB in his first start in the NFL and Pryor handled it very well. That was definitely a positive to take from this game. It's definitely not enough. He needs to show a lot more as a passer.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 9039
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Going to say this: If Palmer doesn't take a drastic paycut, I want him gone and Pryor to start, then draft QB in the first in 2014 (which is going to be a really good class).
This may be how they go even as much as I love Palmer.

I would have to assume this will be the last decision made though. You build the rest of the team with what money we have, decide how much more we need and then make a decision. It may be that we have plenty for what they are planning to do this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12317
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

The rest of the stuff is the things you were claiming Pryor was incapable of doing a week before that game. He was supposedly too dumb to run the offense, to have it lined up correctly and in time. Well, in his first ever start, it wasn't an issue. McKenzie is commenting on it because it's the kind of things that happen frequently to a QB in his first start in the NFL and Pryor handled it very well. That was definitely a positive to take from this game. It's definitely not enough. He needs to show a lot more as a passer.


Yep, based on a report. Obviously I have no first hand knowledge. Good for him for learning a three step drop. Don't you find it bad that we even have to talk about this for a NFL QB?

It's a positive to take from a game.... if you're in high school. A player in this league shouldn't even need to learn these things. I would hope it was second nature by now. Doesn't it seem like we're babying a player too much?
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group